PSC monthly IDPA

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
canvasbck
Posts in topic: 3

PSC monthly IDPA

Post by canvasbck »

PSC held their monthly club match this morning. Cudos to Charles, the course designer, and the volunteers who set things up. Today was one of the funnest and most challenging club level matches that I have seen. How often do you go to a club match where you throw a tomahawk, shoot a swinger through a doorway with strobe lights flashing in your face, and shoot the Texas star, all on one stage! :fire

Thanks again to everyone, keep up the good work PSC. :clapping:
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

bnc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PSC monthly IDPA

Post by bnc »

Agreed, today's match was really outstanding. I especially liked the stage that started with the LCR since I carry one frequently. Counting down the days until next month's match as usual.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

How do you score points down for the tomahawk? Just curious. ;-)

Not that it matters...with all of that going on, my score would be like 15:00 minutes with 52 down.

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Topic author
canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

TLynnHughes wrote:How do you score points down for the tomahawk? Just curious. ;-)

Not that it matters...with all of that going on, my score would be like 15:00 minutes with 52 down.

T.
lol, the tomahawk just had to make it a certain distance to avoid a procedural. I'm not sure if anyone actually got the thing to stick in the board.........no one in our squad did.

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

canvasbck you beat me to it. Yes, cudos to Charles, the group that ran things, the course designers and all. While I did not shoot well on it, that was me, but it was fun, really interesting and made you think really big time. Met some new folks too that was great. Heard some great compliments too from a few folks in my squad who I guess had not shot here before. They were impressed with our club and as they should be. The matches were so well done. Just thanks to the people who make this available for us to enjoy. :tiphat: :fire :hurry: :clapping:

As for tomahawk throwing, strobes and stars.....Wow, hope I never meet up with those on the street. But if I do, I now know I can get through it.
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm glad you folks enjoyed the match. The scenarios were terrific, but I had nothing to do with their design. Jim Pierce and Kevin Svetlik designed the scenarios and Jim's son-in-law Josh built the strobes. Now that we're past the hottest part of the year, our scenarios will be more complex and more props will be used.

Chas.

SkinnyB78

Post by SkinnyB78 »

Being one of the few ladies that attended... I gotta say, the gents are always so friendly and fun to be around. I was very pleasantly surprised to be welcomed like one of the guys from the first time I showed up and each time since. Truly a unique sport when everyone is on the same playing field and all are encouraging and happy for each others' success. Thanks gents, I look forward to hanging with you again next month.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Well, shoot, we guys love having you ladies shoot with us. That is until you start out shooting us. :biggrinjester:
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

TOPO-sniper

Post by TOPO-sniper »

First time IDPA shooter here and I have to echo the earlier comments, I was pleasantly surprised how helpful and generous everyone was during the match. Extremely smooth from registering online, through signup that morning, and great sportsmanship throughout the day. Thank you to the organizers, shooters & JP for a lot of smart fun.

And as far as the tomahawk goes.....a little beginners luck never hurt anyone :-)
[youtube][/youtube]

Randy
Last edited by TOPO-sniper on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jpierce30

Post by jpierce30 »

The only way we can have matches like this one is with the help from all the folks that came out on Friday and early Saturday morning to help with set up. And all the great people that volunteer to SO. When there is a lot of participation we can get really extravagant!

Thanks to all for the help and the positive comments.

Jim

mlawler

Post by mlawler »

My throw hit the wood correctly with the blade, but wasn't hard enough to stick!! The flashing lights would be more effective in a night match. Really liked the BUG stage. Who got the bargain deal on black paint?? :lol: See ya next month!

Topic author
canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

mlawler wrote:My throw hit the wood correctly with the blade, but wasn't hard enough to stick!! The flashing lights would be more effective in a night match. Really liked the BUG stage. Who got the bargain deal on black paint?? :lol: See ya next month!
I hit the wood, but I don't know what part of the tomahawk hit it, I was already off and running when it hit.

I'll be organizing a raiding party to sneak in and steal all the black paint two days before next month's match............black paint has some secret ingredient that attracts bullets to it.

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

canvasbck wrote:
mlawler wrote:My throw hit the wood correctly with the blade, but wasn't hard enough to stick!! The flashing lights would be more effective in a night match. Really liked the BUG stage. Who got the bargain deal on black paint?? :lol: See ya next month!
I hit the wood, but I don't know what part of the tomahawk hit it, I was already off and running when it hit.

I'll be organizing a raiding party to sneak in and steal all the black paint two days before next month's match............black paint has some secret ingredient that attracts bullets to it.
count me in on the raid. I think I removed most of the black paint last weekend one bullet at a time.
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

Joked about not letting Kevin and Jim watch "Top Shot" but it was a very good match. :clapping:

Just curious, who's LCR did we break in? After 78 people put 5 rounds each through it, I figure the action should have been nicely smoothed.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Jeremae wrote:Joked about not letting Kevin and Jim watch "Top Shot" but it was a very good match. :clapping:

Just curious, who's LCR did we break in? After 78 people put 5 rounds each through it, I figure the action should have been nicely smoothed.
It was Kevin's.

Chas.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”