Arms Room League City

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

jpierce30
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Arms Room League City

Post by jpierce30 »

Jason,

I have my schedule reworked so I can show up on Monday's. Hopefully our whole group can be there (hint hint Charles and Marc). I will be there on the 4th.

See you then.

Jim

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TLynnHughes »

It was a blast last night as usual! That one scenario with head shots was a bugger, but fun never the less!

I'm having as much fun meeting people as I am shooting. Lots of friendly, friendly folks out there!!

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

sar05

Post by sar05 »

TLynnHughes wrote:It was a blast last night as usual! That one scenario with head shots was a bugger, but fun never the less!

I'm having as much fun meeting people as I am shooting. Lots of friendly, friendly folks out there!!

T.
No kidding on that middle scenario on the 2nd round. I wish I could have done it a few times. I'm still scratching my head wondering why those head shots were so difficult. :headscratch

Guess it's time to start practicing at 10 yards. What ever excuse I need to go shoot I'll find. :)
Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment. - Michael Badnarik
www.familydoghouse.com

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

jpierce30 wrote:Jason,

I have my schedule reworked so I can show up on Monday's. Hopefully our whole group can be there (hint hint Charles and Marc). I will be there on the 4th.

See you then.

Jim
Hail Hail the gang all here! SRVA and I will try to make it down if the rest of the gang makes it.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

CompVest wrote:
jpierce30 wrote:Jason,

See you then.

Jim
Hail Hail the gang all here! SRVA and I will try to make it down if the rest of the gang makes it.
Ok now wait a minute....you have to be part of the "gang" to rate a visit by CompVest and SVRA???? :totap: That's hardly fair. :lol:

Seriously, I do hope the "gang" and everyone else makes it next Monday!

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Piney
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Piney »

Fun shoot last night-- Nice place-- great crowd-- bit of a drive, but we've learned that most anything we do is at least 45 minutes away :biggrinjester:
I may even be able to drag the Ms out since it's got A/C.

I didnt ask-- does someone post the scores somewhere ?

Ron

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

Piney wrote:Fun shoot last night-- Nice place-- great crowd-- bit of a drive, but we've learned that most anything we do is at least 45 minutes away :biggrinjester:
I may even be able to drag the Ms out since it's got A/C.

I didnt ask-- does someone post the scores somewhere ?

Ron
If you put your email on your score sheet, they will send an excel spreadsheet with all the scores.

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

I hate I had to miss last night. Made the previous two. Lots of fun though and I will be back next Monday. See you all there!

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Just read on Facebook that the Arms Room will hold an IDPA practice from 10am to Noon today if anyone is interested.

Brian
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

Dr. Jekyl

Post by Dr. Jekyl »

LTUME1978 wrote:Is this a "lost brass" match?
Pardon the newbie question, but what does "lost brass" mean in this context?

Topic author
jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jbirds1210 »

Lost brass means you are not allowed to pick it up during the match. The reasons for this are many, but include people chasing brass are generally not taping targets or doing other tasks to make the match run efficiently. The Arms Room IDPA style match is not a lost brass match as they welcome everyone to pick up their brass after shooting.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

sar05

Post by sar05 »

Jason - did you have a schedule change? Hadnt seen you out on Monday nights recently.

I actually beat my husband (exmarlboroman) last week by a few seconds. Now that my goal is complete I'll just sit back and enjoy life. :coolgleamA:
Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment. - Michael Badnarik
www.familydoghouse.com

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

sar05 wrote:Jason - did you have a schedule change? Hadnt seen you out on Monday nights recently.

I actually beat my husband (exmarlboroman) last week by a few seconds. Now that my goal is complete I'll just sit back and enjoy life. :coolgleamA:
You need to do it again with your 2" 38Special. We could really give him a hard time then.

Chas.

ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
sar05 wrote:Jason - did you have a schedule change? Hadnt seen you out on Monday nights recently.

You need to do it again with your 2" 38Special. We could really give him a hard time then.

Chas.
Yea there ya go! Since I was shooting a three inch 1911! Now if she beats me with her j frame i'll really have to come up with a good excuse!
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Yea there ya go! Since I was shooting a three inch 1911! Now if she beats me with her j frame i'll really have to come up with a good excuse!
The best thing we can do with a woman who shoots better than us is make sure she's standing at our side when the fight starts!

Chas.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”