Common Mistake! Read b4 Submitting Online

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tjcrosson
Posts in topic: 2

Common Mistake! Read b4 Submitting Online

Post by tjcrosson »

So I had been waiting for about 3 months and had gotten no update online. I had received the email saying they had everything but no update. I called and basically they didn't have my CHL-100 even though I know I submitted it online.

When you submit online you have to upload the document AND SAVE IT! Apparently I didn't do this so that was the problem and according to them the email was a accident which I don't understand. Might want to call and make sure they actually have it and you didn't make this mistake.

Just my $.02

Come And Take It
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Common Mistake! Read b4 Submitting Online

Post by Come And Take It »

Another note on this topic.... If you receive a letter from the DPS requesting documentation of final disposition, you will "NEVER" be able to confirm that DPS actually received the disposition documents if you submit them online.

I have been in "Background Check : Under Review" for over two weeks now. Late last week I received the request letter. I submitted the documents online the same day. I called yesterday and after the 30 minute hold they told me they have no way of checking to see if they were received. Only the person processing the App will know if they were received, and since they process 100 - 150 apps each, there was no way to check with them directly. All I can do is wait.......... and wait....... and wait........

She also told me that it can take up to 60 days from the date the App begins processing and is assigned to an investigator, not from the date that you actually upload or mail in the initial document package. I uploaded all my docs on January 2, but was informed the 60 days did not start until February 12th, when the processing of my application was actually started.

So now I have to wait to see if I get another letter telling me that the documents I submitted are not valid, or possibly I will never hear anything until they terminate my application following the 90 day window I have to submit the documents. Not sure what to do if I don't see a status update or receive another letter in the next couple weeks. I sure won't be happy if they "conveniently" did not receive the documents and simply let my application be terminated.

I know, it is too early to assume the worst, but the wait is stressful as you all know.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tjcrosson wrote:So I had been waiting for about 3 months and had gotten no update online. I had received the email saying they had everything but no update. I called and basically they didn't have my CHL-100 even though I know I submitted it online.

When you submit online you have to upload the document AND SAVE IT! Apparently I didn't do this so that was the problem and according to them the email was a accident which I don't understand. Might want to call and make sure they actually have it and you didn't make this mistake.

Just my $.02
Thanks for posting. This is a very common mistake and I warn every class to look for the "Upload" button.

Chas.

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

do they not allow mailing anymore? we sent ours in through certified mail after triple checking the required documents list. we could track it through the carrier up until it was received by DPS and then it was on to checking the website every couple of hours to see if there had been any change in status :lol:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

Topic author
tjcrosson

Post by tjcrosson »

They do allow mailing still. In regards to not knowing if your dispositions have gotten there...they were able to pull up and see that I had tried to submit online but failed so I would think they could do the same for you. Try calling and talk to a supervisor and tell him the situation.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

btt
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

CoolBreeze wrote:btt
BBQ
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

jmra

Post by jmra »

gringo pistolero wrote:
BBQ
BLT
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

dicion

Post by dicion »

Come And Take It wrote:Another note on this topic.... If you receive a letter from the DPS requesting documentation of final disposition, you will "NEVER" be able to confirm that DPS actually received the disposition documents if you submit them online.
Maybe they have fixed this? I submitted my paperwork online, and got a confirmation email from them that they received everything they needed within 48 hours.

http://i.imgur.com/FnkWvnP.png

jmra

Post by jmra »

dicion wrote:
Come And Take It wrote:Another note on this topic.... If you receive a letter from the DPS requesting documentation of final disposition, you will "NEVER" be able to confirm that DPS actually received the disposition documents if you submit them online.
Maybe they have fixed this? I submitted my paperwork online, and got a confirmation email from them that they received everything they needed within 48 hours.

http://i.imgur.com/FnkWvnP.png
The person I spoke to a few days after uploading mine was able to verify they had received my info. This was for my renewal last year.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

jmra wrote:
gringo pistolero wrote:
BBQ
BLT
BUG