Trouble with uploading documents

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
DCCS(SW/AW) Ret.
Posts in topic: 4

Trouble with uploading documents

Post by DCCS(SW/AW) Ret. »

Has anyone had an error uploading documents, it keeps saying the server is busy. :headscratch

jnichols2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Trouble with uploading documents

Post by jnichols2 »

Yes, I had the same problem.

I sent an email about it, but never got a reply.

I mailed my documents Monday, and they were signed for Tuesday.

Uploading should be quicker and safer, but this system is a bit strange (I'm being kind).

BewaffneteBürger

Post by BewaffneteBürger »

DCCS(SW/AW) Ret. wrote:Has anyone had an error uploading documents, it keeps saying the server is busy. :headscratch
IMHO, DPS has issues. DPS received my documents on 09/20/2013, but still no update. Called them after 30 days and they plead ignorance stating that until "my data is entered" they know nothing at all and there is no body I can speak with until then. Attempted to resubmit all my documents online as a backup (and yes I did upload them properly) but DPS emailed me back with their "do not reply" response email stating that they did not get any attachments + asked me to resubmit them again. No word if they found my documents they received on 09/20/2013. Resubmitted my documents online yesterday again and waiting for another response. Something tells me that DPS is terribly unorganized and has computer problems. I do not have a clue how they handle their case load (I guess it is top secret, lol) and since they do not process applications on a first come, first served basis, something tells me that I will not be one of the lucky ones who gets their plastic is under 60 days. Not being a pessimist here, just a realist, lol! I know a few people who submitted their stuff almost 2 weeks after me and have already got an update online. Not me though, day 41 here, nada..

Topic author
DCCS(SW/AW) Ret.

DCCS(SW/AW) Ret. wrote:Has anyone had an error uploading documents, it keeps saying the server is busy. :headscratch
If you are having difficulty in uploading the document, ensure they are not all in one big file. Error message most likely is due to file size. Check it out. :patriot:

Cshuff21

Post by Cshuff21 »

:iagree:
"Suns up...Guns Up" Texas Tech!

txn1911

Post by txn1911 »

Had the same problem. Had to upload them one at a time. Mine were received on 9/16/13 (per DPS) still no update spoke with DPS today and was told it hasn't been entered into system yet but we have them, 45 days later :mad5

Topic author
DCCS(SW/AW) Ret.

txn1911 wrote:Had the same problem. Had to upload them one at a time. Mine were received on 9/16/13 (per DPS) still no update spoke with DPS today and was told it hasn't been entered into system yet but we have them, 45 days later :mad5

Are they that behind, July and August they were having great turn arounds. Wow :fire

kman79

Post by kman79 »

I was having issues as well.

I made changes to the resolution in which the documents were scanned in. Once I made sure they were well under 1mb each, the upload went fine and refreshed with green file names at the bottom.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I had no issues uploading but I would like some sort of confirmation that they were received. I have emailed to ask twice with no response. Guess I will have to snail mail them in to get a confirmation.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
DCCS(SW/AW) Ret.

RPBrown wrote:I had no issues uploading but I would like some sort of confirmation that they were received. I have emailed to ask twice with no response. Guess I will have to snail mail them in to get a confirmation.
You will not get a confirmation then either unless you require a signature, but they that does not mean they will process then. :banghead:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”