Just sent out, waiting. (NOW WITH PICS OF PLASTIC)

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasGuy
Posts in topic: 18

Just sent out, waiting. (NOW WITH PICS OF PLASTIC)

Post by TexasGuy »

Hi all,

Mailed on 7/20
Tracking number shows they received on 7/22

Other than that nothing to tell...

For now that is it. Probably sometime in late August I will receive the card.
Last edited by TexasGuy on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeepGuy79
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just sent out, waiting.

Post by JeepGuy79 »

Good luck! Hope your wait is short.

Mr.ViperBoa

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

It will seem like an eternity after about a week but keep your head up. It will come soon enough. Gives you enough time to order that holster and wait for it as well. :cheers2:
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor
http://www.texaschlsolutions.com/

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 3

Post by johnson0317 »

The way things are going, you may have it two weeks from now. They are experiencing some amazing turn-arounds right now. I have to say, for all the complaining and nagging we did about the DPS, they really seem to have tried to make things work better. We gave them a hard time when need be, so I think we need to applaud them for getting things turned around the way they have. :hurry: :cheers2: :patriot:
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Soldiernurse
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soldiernurse »

johnson0317 wrote:The way things are going, you may have it two weeks from now. They are experiencing some amazing turn-arounds right now. I have to say, for all the complaining and nagging we did about the DPS, they really seem to have tried to make things work better. We gave them a hard time when need be, so I think we need to applaud them for getting things turned around the way they have. :hurry: :cheers2: :patriot:
All requirements completed, sent, and received by TX DPS end of April... received my CHL license last Saturday. Regards to my background; active duty Army officer with secret security clearance along with fingerprints done last March for RN renewal. RN license renewed less than 3 weeks. However, CHL almost 12 weeks.

... just saying
:tiphat:
USMC/ArmyRet w/TX CHL, Member of/NAGR, NRA, TSRA, USCCA, TCHA; CA .40 Pitbull Revolver, XD40sc, PPQ40, SA 1911 EMP9, Glock19 GenIV TrueGlo TFO Sites, BP9cc, PF9, T/C .308 VP & Mossberg500 JIC Cruiser w/ATI Talon Tactical 6-Pos Stock

Opfor

Post by Opfor »

johnson0317 wrote:The way things are going, you may have it two weeks from now. They are experiencing some amazing turn-arounds right now. I have to say, for all the complaining and nagging we did about the DPS, they really seem to have tried to make things work better. We gave them a hard time when need be, so I think we need to applaud them for getting things turned around the way they have. :hurry: :cheers2: :patriot:

I totally agree. There have been some unexpected waits along the way, but overall I would have to say I've been pretty impressed the process as a whole.

Topic author
TexasGuy

Post by TexasGuy »

Still nothing, no change in status, even nothing about being received. Concerned.

Sunny45
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Sunny45 »

TexasGuy wrote:Still nothing, no change in status, even nothing about being received. Concerned.
It will be at least a week after they received your packet to see the changes online.

Topic author
TexasGuy

Post by TexasGuy »

Finally, today early in the morning a status change:

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : Received
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

If it gets mailed this week, I will get it early next week.

Sunny45

Post by Sunny45 »

Congrats! Image

With a clean record, BG check would only take a few days. Then another "few days" for CHL in Manufacturing Pending then Mailed and finally, Wally Walk. Image

catdaddyxx

Post by catdaddyxx »

Better knock on wood after saying that. I've never even had so much as a traffic ticket and I'm finishing my second week of BG check and still under review. :grumble

Topic author
TexasGuy

Post by TexasGuy »

Don't know, Wally Walk seems ridiculous to me. But that's just me...

Soldiernurse
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soldiernurse »

TexasGuy wrote:Don't know, Wally Walk seems ridiculous to me. But that's just me...
:iagree:
USMC/ArmyRet w/TX CHL, Member of/NAGR, NRA, TSRA, USCCA, TCHA; CA .40 Pitbull Revolver, XD40sc, PPQ40, SA 1911 EMP9, Glock19 GenIV TrueGlo TFO Sites, BP9cc, PF9, T/C .308 VP & Mossberg500 JIC Cruiser w/ATI Talon Tactical 6-Pos Stock

outwardhound

Post by outwardhound »

Sunny45 wrote:Congrats! Image

With a clean record, BG check would only take a few days. Then another "few days" for CHL in Manufacturing Pending then Mailed and finally, Wally Walk. Image
...or if you have my luck, it'll be a few weeks for manufacturing :shock: For your sake, I hope you do get it quick, cause it's causing me to go insane :cryin
The more people I meet in life, the better I like my dog - unknown

Sunny45

Post by Sunny45 »

outwardhound wrote:
Sunny45 wrote:Congrats! Image

...or if you have my luck, it'll be a few weeks for manufacturing :shock: For your sake, I hope you do get it quick, cause it's causing me to go insane :cryin
Sorry to hear you and some other folks have to wait that long. My BG check took only 5 days then.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”