Austin DPS..Delays

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
CALIX
Posts in topic: 2

Austin DPS..Delays

Post by CALIX »

FYI:

I went to Austin DPS on Lamar to follow up on my wife's CHL packet and was adviced to wait 60-90 days. They are now 30 days late in processing. This is a verbal communication with the lady and as I talk to her she showed me a packet dated the 23rd of October (received by the DPS) and now just being opened/processed.

This is just for your information only.

Good Luck...

robert0550
Posts in topic: 1

Post by robert0550 »

ok that is scary cause mine was rcvd by DPS on the 23rd of Oct. and I have yet to here anything from them.
I know that Tuesday will mark the 30th day. That they have had my application. :shock:
Time Line
Oct 14th Class
Oct 21st Mailed Application
Oct 23rd Application Rcvd
Nov 21st Rcvd Pin
Dec 12 Licenese Issued
License Rcvd 12/11/06

Sig 226R 9MM
Para Ord LTC .45

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

robert0550 wrote:ok that is scary cause mine was rcvd by DPS on the 23rd of Oct. and I have yet to here anything from them.
I know that Tuesday will mark the 30th day. That they have had my application. :shock:
It took 45days or so to recieve my PIN and 78 days to get my plastic earlier this year
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

getnit1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by getnit1 »

I sent mine in on Oct 23 also. I had a CHL that expired in 2002 so I already had a PIN #. I have been checking mine and it showed (packet mailed to applicant) until today it shows (processing application). So, they are running quite a bit behind. The first time I got in about 60 days. I was working out of town when it was time for renewal and could not get it done in time.

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

welcome aboard getnit1
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Topic author
CALIX

Post by CALIX »

Update. Going 60 days yesterday on my wife's application and still no PIN. So I went and gave them a visit and guess what they told me. They couldn't find it. The clerk told me that it might be just sitting on somebody's desk. Is that possible?

Though she took my cell number and will call me later. What do I do now? Does anyone here experienced this before.

Thanks....

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”