November 2010 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ex_dsmr
Posts in topic: 5

November 2010 Applications

Post by ex_dsmr »

Well Saturday I took the class/tests. Scored 98% on written and 242 practical.
That got me the last remaining pieces so my packet could go out this morning.

:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

Fallsraider
Posts in topic: 12

Re: November 2010 Applications

Post by Fallsraider »

I am now firmly in the November Waiting Room. . . it's taken me since August to finally get her officially. . . took the class on Saturday. Already had prints and photos done so once I had that last piece of paper from the class I mailed my info off this morning. . . return receipt requested!
I'm glad I'm finally here, but not looking forward to being "here" too long. . . guess we'll all get through the wait together.
My sincere hope is that none of us experience any of those crazy stories about missing paperwork or information or requests from the DPS. . .

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syntyr »

Ex_Dsmr,

They actually gave you your scores? My instructor just marked PASS on all of our tests. We didn't even get to go down range to collect our targets. While we were securing our weapons he had the next flight putting up their targets over ours. I know I was perfect on the test because I saw his assistant grading them. I would like to have know my shooting score. Oh well know I just need to get a page in order and I will be with you waiting... come on plastic...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Topic author
ex_dsmr

Post by ex_dsmr »

Yes, we were given our scores but keep in mind that there were only 4 other guys in my class and all of us (including instructor) were TXSG members who knew eachother.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

SRVA and I give all of our students their actual scores and their targets.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

NEB

Post by NEB »

I just joined the November waiting list as well. I took my CHL last weekend. Missed one on the exam but scored 250/250 on the qualifying with a 3" barrel 1911 (Springfield EMP, 9mm) :cheers2: . Got to keep the target and have it rolled up on the shelf :cool: .

I got my prints today at L1 and then dropped my packet in the mail with photos, photo holder/signature, and CHL-100. I sent it certified and delivery confirmation, so I'll know when it gets there.

Now begins the agonizing process of waiting. I'm honestly not holding my breath of getting anything before next year with holidays and everything coming up. That way I'll be pleasantly suprised if I do get something back sooner than then :mrgreen: .

Where's that darned time machine when you need it? :cryin

--NEB

Smallestbodyman

Post by Smallestbodyman »

Newbie here. Took my class and did alright. Now just waiting like everyone else. Been spending money on holsters and trying different ways to carry while sitting around the house.
Class taken/10-16-10
packet mailed/10-28-10
checked online/11-11-10
finger prints/under review
passport photo holder/under review
background check/under review
photos excepted
everything else was excepted
at the top it says application incomplete, notifying applicant.
So now I'm waiting on the mail to see what they didn't accept. If I was a gambeling man I'd say fingerprints but that doesn't explain why my passport photo holders still under review. Guess I'll keep waiting.
:drool:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Good morning & welcome to the board from all of us on the Mod crew. :tiphat:
I was born & raised in Lubbock so know the area well.
Glad to have you.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

twolfe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by twolfe »

Hi I am new to the forums completed my CHL class on 10/31 sent packet to DPS on 11/6 certified mail receipt requested have gotten receipt back but online status still shows they have not received my packet or just have not put in any updates. How long did it take before you saw something being updated online. Tried to call but was on hold for 30 to 45 minutes each time.

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

twolfe it takes a couple weeks for status to update. Breathe - it seems long, but is nothing compared with what some of these folks went through. If after 10 - 12 days no change, try emailing - my hubby did this when he got impatient and they answer quickly, and early status' changed magically after the email, just not the "mailed" one.

Welcome - read up and learn, try all the holsters you can and carry around the house to get used to things - it helps pass the time :thumbs2:
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

twolfe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by twolfe »

Divided Thank You for the response I had tried calling but was forever on hold so now that I know I will just give another week or so and see what happens as for the holsters I have been doing leatherwork of and on for years so I will check out the ones that I like and then draw something up and make it. I ride a motorcycle most of the time and do have a carry vest that has pockets especially for concealment and that is the garment that I will use mostly. I have just purchased a new tarus p111 Millenium 9mm and have been looking into a 45cal Tarus they have them here at Academy for $340 ish and that is a good price in the DFW area.

djm87us

Post by djm87us »

Just waiting for my background check. Checked the site on the 10th, and everything had cleared except that. Took the class Oct. 23rd, mailed the packet the next day, so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

MickyD

Post by MickyD »

I've been looking over this and it seems that I should expect an update of some sort online in a few days. I had submitted the online application and went to L1 before I took my class on Nov 6. My envelope was signed for in Austin last Wednesday 11/10 and I guess I should add 2 days to allow for the holiday, and Friday after the holiday.

I am a little concerned that the L-1 tech seemed to be overriding errors (i.e. the computer was complaining about some of the fingers). Anyone have experience with that?
Mickey

Online application submitted: 10/16/2010
L-1 Fingerprints: 10/20/2010
Taurus PT640 40S&W: ?/2011
Taurus 24/7 40S&W: 10/20/2010 retired
CHL class: 11/6/2010
Mailed to Austin: 11/8/2010 Rec'd 11/10/2010
CHL received: 12/2/2010 24 days mailout to mailbox

Fallsraider
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Fallsraider »

MickeyD I am on the same time-line as you. . . also had prints done prior to the class at L1 and my name was all messed up on the form. . . they had my first name as my middle name and my middle name as my last name. . . anyway the guy who took the prints said he "corrected it" in his computer? I still have "no status" online so I'm waiting for the fingerprints to be an issue because of the mixed up name. . .I don't believe I have ever experienced this level of paranoia in my life???

Teamless
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Teamless »

Fallsraider wrote:they had my first name as my middle name and my middle name as my last name
When my wife did her application in June (Online) and then scheduled the L1 prints (redirected from DPS website), it also had her name screwed up.
L1 did fix it, with no issues

As far as status updates online, do not expect them for 14 days after DPS receives your packet, sooner is possible, but the norm is about 14 days .

The wait sucks, we all agree I am sure, but the total time is now (normally) less than 30 days from DPS receipt to plastic, so during that time, get used to wearing the holster and weapon around the house, find the right position for it.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”