Lonewolf's Wally Walk

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
lonewolf
Posts in topic: 10

Lonewolf's Wally Walk

Post by lonewolf »

The boys wanted to go play tennis, and the wife said, "Why not go to Walmart and get the Wally Walk done at the same time?"

Hmmmmmmm-----"OK"

Before we left, I asked if she could spot the gun...she said I had a noticeable bulge on my right side that looked like a swollen love handle. I said "That's good, because I am wearing my gun crossdraw on my left side, and what you see on my right side really is a love handle....." She almost fell over laughing....Perhaps its time to hit the gym......

Please excuse the photo quality, it won't win any awards, but the boys had fun taking them. They thought it was a blast, so to speak. Giggling the whole time we were in the store....

Do you think anyone noticed me in the shirt? I was trying to be low-profile. Of course, with a profile like mine, that's not easy......

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Lonewolf's Wally Walk

Post by Beiruty »

Approved. Nice Beretta
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Trouble

Post by Trouble »

Great pics!! Thanks for sharing!!
Bersa Thunder .380, Beretta 92fs
:txflag:
05/02/09 CHL class
05/06/09 mailed application
05/08/09 DPS received application
06/18/09 pin
09/02/09 Application complete/ license issued
09/08/09 Plastic received!!!!
xx/xx/?? Wally walk

AEA
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AEA »

Congrats!

Where did you get that shirt! I want one! :cheers2:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

You had all that concealed on your Wally Walk? That is a special shirt! ;-)
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Just the Beretta, C-dub......Just the Beretta. :shock:

The little revolver is one my father gave me. Colt Police Positive Special from 1962. Shoots .38 S&W rounds. Has the RHKP and armory slot number on the frame behind the grip from its days with the Royal Hong Kong Police force. It has some holster wear (quite a bit, actually,) but is still tight. The ammo is expensive, though. The Brits bought a huge number of them for the Hong Kong police back in the day. How it came to my Dad when he was in Little Rock, Arkansas I really don't know. He bought it from a retired Little Rock LEO.

Topic author
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

I could have worn my bright yellow T-shirt with the Sponge Bob face on it, with my Jughead (from the Archie comics) beanie, but my boys said they wouldn't be seen in public with me dressed like that.......

USA1

Post by USA1 »

ALRIGHT LONEWOLF !!

great job . :cheers2:
nice shirt :skep:
free tip ...if you want your love handles to look smaller , never stand next to a skeleton :lol:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by joe817 »

Fantastic Lonewolf !! You pass with flying colors! :clapping: :thumbs2:

I love the commentary and the pics. The only pic you left out was the raising of your shirt to show us where it actually was. I couldn't find it anywhere, so you're good to go.

My only other comment is where did you get that tiger stripes cammy psychedelic t-shirt? I WANT ONE !
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

NAVY CHIEF
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NAVY CHIEF »

lonewolf wrote: Before we left, I asked if she could spot the gun...she said I had a noticeable bulge on my right side that looked like a swollen love handle. I said "That's good, because I am wearing my gun crossdraw on my left side, and what you see on my right side really is a love handle....." She almost fell over laughing....Perhaps its time to hit the gym......
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Should have taken a video of that! it must have been hilarious! Good job lonewolf!

Hooyah!
CHL class: 8/29/09
Plastic Received:22OCT09

quidni

Post by quidni »

I don't see the pics?
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

USA1

Post by USA1 »

quidni wrote:I don't see the pics?
they are there
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

LostInAustin

Post by LostInAustin »

lonewolf wrote:
Before we left, I asked if she could spot the gun...she said I had a noticeable bulge on my right side that looked like a swollen love handle. I said "That's good, because I am wearing my gun crossdraw on my left side, and what you see on my right side really is a love handle....." She almost fell over laughing....Perhaps its time to hit the gym......

Do you think anyone noticed me in the shirt? I was trying to be low-profile.
:smilelol5: LOL! You even had my 13 y/o laughing! :thumbs2:

Nice WW. Couldn't see the Beretta (or the shotgun :shock: )! I can see that you have been trained in cover and concealment. Your shirt made you blend right in to the crowd! Just kidding, I like the shirt!
Colt Combat Commander
Colt Govt Model Series 70
Beretta 92FS

Topic author
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

My apologies for not revealing the concealment at the end. I can assure you it was crossdraw at just about 9 o'clock. Since I haven't yet invested in good leather, it was tucked into my Blackhawk size 3 IWB nylon thingy. Spare magazine in the front left pocket. I don't put the spare mag in the cargo pocket because it has velcro that holds it closed and will take too much time to get into if I need it.

Many thanks to all who have checked out the post! My boys had a good time as well. :tiphat: :cheers2: :patriot: :txflag:

quidni

Post by quidni »

USA1 wrote:
quidni wrote:I don't see the pics?
they are there
Nope.... nada.
I'm getting text only... not even image placeholders. I even double-checked my settings, and I'm signed in properly. :???:

:grumble
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”