Waiting Question

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dbshelton
Posts in topic: 6

Waiting Question

Post by dbshelton »

My wife and I both took our CHL class on 3/7/09 and both sent in paperwork on 3/9/09. She's now had her license in hand for over 2 weeks and mine still says "Processing Application." Is there any way I can find out what the heck is going on? Does this happen often?

LaserTex
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Waiting Question

Post by LaserTex »

OH!!!! I bet she is having some fun with you!! LOL Hang in there. It'll all become clear...in time.

Doug :txflag:
LaserTex
Air Force Retired ** Life Member VFW ** NRA Member **
** Life Member AmVets ** Patriot Guard Rider **

Topic author
dbshelton

Post by dbshelton »

Yes, she is having a large time. Last week she and I were vacationing in Colorado, so she was carrying her Taurus 38, and mentioned in fun several times "I got your back if anything goes down." Also made many snide remarks about the State having the big, time consuming job of looking into my "shady" background.

LaserTex

Post by LaserTex »

Sorry - but that is funny!!! For my CHL, it took right at 75 days. If you listed multiple addresses, jobs, anything...each of those entries is checked for accuracy. Any number of things could be going on... (my guess - the one person in Austin appointed to do these applications could have completed her's, then departed for an Alaskan cruise. Yours COULD be next...)

Hang in there. If you get past 100 days or so, I would start asking your Representative for help.

Doug :txflag:
LaserTex
Air Force Retired ** Life Member VFW ** NRA Member **
** Life Member AmVets ** Patriot Guard Rider **

piscessmith
Posts in topic: 3

Post by piscessmith »

dbshelton wrote:My wife and I both took our CHL class on 3/7/09 and both sent in paperwork on 3/9/09. She's now had her license in hand for over 2 weeks and mine still says "Processing Application." Is there any way I can find out what the heck is going on? Does this happen often?
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger my wife has hers for over 4 weeks now. All I can get out of them is that it shouldn't be long know. Even called this morning. The guy on the fun was predictably uninformative. I thought they were required by law to tell us what the hold up is if they are over the 60 day mark.. Reading around here apparently they can not even fallow that law currently.

Topic author
dbshelton

Post by dbshelton »

110 days. They must have lost it.

piscessmith

Post by piscessmith »

LOL, called yesterday all they would say is that I should have it soon. At this point I'll believe it when my status changes and I see it.

Topic author
dbshelton

Post by dbshelton »

Looks like it's finally going to happen. Checked online this morning and say "License Issued"

piscessmith

Post by piscessmith »

dbshelton wrote:Looks like it's finally going to happen. Checked online this morning and say "License Issued"
Mine changed to on 7/4. 5 weeks after my wife had hers in hand :confused5 still waiting for it to show up in the mail. :annamatedbanna: Have had multiple people warn about not carrying in the car or anywhere as the status says I have it even though I don't..
CONGRATULATIONS :clapping: Wally World next for you. :cheers2:

USA1

Post by USA1 »

dbshelton wrote:Looks like it's finally going to happen. Checked online this morning and say "License Issued"
congratulations. :cheers2:
how long did it take ?
what county ?
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
dbshelton

Post by dbshelton »

Mailed it in on 3/9/09 I live in Hardin County. Took right at 120 days with no problems that I know of.
My wife mailed hers in at the same time and has had her license in hand since 6/11/09

Topic author
dbshelton

Post by dbshelton »

Finally have my license in hand!!!

USA1

Post by USA1 »

dbshelton wrote:Finally have my license in hand!!!
congratulations..how many times have you starred at it so far ? :lol:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

quickdraw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by quickdraw »

Harris County 161 days and finally "application complete license issued or certificate active" :anamatedbanana changed since I last checked Wednesday evening. Looks like the light at the end of the tunnel wasn't a train after all. :cheers2:
CHL Class 2/7/09
Mailed App 2/13/09
Rec'd by DPS 2/17/09
PIN letter dated 3/13/09
App complete 7/17/09
plastic in hand 7/22/09

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”