Waiting Since June

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Joel
Posts in topic: 1

Waiting Since June

Post by Joel »

Back in June I took the course to renew my CHL. As soon as the class was completed I sent in all the documentation. After some period of time, in fact, just before the hurricane hit, a letter came in the mail from the DPS stating that my finger prints were not readable and I must submit new cards. The hurricane hit resulting in my dealing with storm damage issues (not to bad, thank goodness) which delayed my getting the prints done. I finally got the new prints done and sent them to Austin about a month and a half ago. Just to keep track of the process I would log in once a week or so to see if how the application was progressing. One day last week I logged in and got the message that no license with my number was being worked. I immediately called DPS. Talking with one of the folks in the call center revealed that they had not received my second set of finger print cards and were about to terminate my license. The person in the call center agreed to put a note in my file that I had submitted the prints and suggested that I go, post haste, to the PD to get a third set of prints, which I did. They have been sent to Austin registered mail, signature requested. Included in the envelope was a detailed description of why a third set of prints were being submitted. My license has been expired since October.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, was DPS considerate of the situation and circumstances? I would hope that they are since they are using the storm as an excuse for being slow in processing applications. My wife took the initial course the same day I took my renewal. She just got her license this week. We both got letters earlier saying the process was delayed due to the hurricane.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Joel

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”