Class of March 8th

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ryoung
Posts in topic: 6

Class of March 8th

Post by ryoung »

Anyone in here who took the class with El Gato on March 8 in Texas City? I'd like to here from you.
I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

RY

Topic author
ryoung

Re: Class of March 8th

Post by ryoung »

Alright then.

Anyone else in here who mailed application at the end of March?

All these folks who applied in January are just now getting their card. So that would put us in the July timeframe:(

:grumble Dude!
I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

RY

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I didn't go to the delgato class...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :biggrinjester:
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Wed May 14, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texgulf5
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texgulf5 »

I was in the class on March 8th.
3-11: Sent all paperwork
Had to call & email several times to get a pin number.
5-14: still "processing application".

03Lightningrocks

texgulf5 wrote:I was in the class on March 8th.
You have a pin??? Oh...how that chaps my hide! We are within days of each other and I have asked multiple times... :totap: .

RugerP345

Post by RugerP345 »

I"m El Gato's class of Feb. 22nd. See timeline below. Its all about "Hurry up and Wait"
Ignorance and obscurantism have never produced anything other than flocks of slaves for tyranny. ~ Emiliano Zapata in a Letter to Pancho Villa

baylor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baylor »

I am a graduate of the El Gato class in mid-March 2008. DPS recieved the packet on March 21. It is close to pushing 60 days. I have a pin after emailing them, but have not even been entered into the system.

My personal opinion, after reading many posts, is that for folks in our "flight" it is 60+ days to be entered into the system, 60+ for the actual processing of the application. so expect 120-180 days.

I fairly certain that if something is wrong with my application, I am going to probably not have the strength to resubmit.

*sigh* :rules:
Paperwork arrived DPS 03/21
<crickets></crickets>

Topic author
ryoung

Post by ryoung »

It seems a number of us are somewhat jaded by this incredibly lengthy :rules: process.

I think I'll get my license to attend church and go pray about it. Oh, I forgot, I don't need a license to exercise that right. Or do I? Hmmm. :leaving

I'm :confused5.

RY

Topic author
ryoung

Post by ryoung »

baylor wrote:I am a graduate of the El Gato class in mid-March 2008. DPS recieved the packet on March 21. It is close to pushing 60 days. I have a pin after emailing them, but have not even been entered into the system.

My personal opinion, after reading many posts, is that for folks in our "flight" it is 60+ days to be entered into the system, 60+ for the actual processing of the application. so expect 120-180 days.

I fairly certain that if something is wrong with my application, I am going to probably not have the strength to resubmit.

*sigh* :rules:
texgulf5 wrote:I was in the class on March 8th.
I applied online, so I had my application packet and pin before the March 8 class. Status changed to processing around April 9th. As of today still processing. Still :waiting:

What would we do without this fine forum in which to commiserate with others and find some solace in knowing we are not alone in our struggle.

RY

Rough_Ashlar

Post by Rough_Ashlar »

ryoung wrote: What would we do without this fine forum in which to commiserate with others and find some solace in knowing we are not alone in our struggle.

:iagree:

no kidding i'm so glad i found this site. the wait doesn't seem that bad after reading some of the real horror stories
CHL class 02 Mar 2008
mailed packet (with cashiers check) 03 Mar 2008
Recieved by DPS 10 Mar 2008
PIN mailed to me 25 Mar 2008
DPS Website- "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
Plastic in hand 20 Jun 2008
103 days

03Lightningrocks

Rough_Ashlar wrote:
ryoung wrote: What would we do without this fine forum in which to commiserate with others and find some solace in knowing we are not alone in our struggle.

:iagree:

no kidding i'm so glad i found this site. the wait doesn't seem that bad after reading some of the real horror stories
This is so true. If it were not for this sight, thinking I was alone in my wait, I would be panicking about the concern that something was going wrong with my application.

BambooShoots

Post by BambooShoots »

I'm not sure where this thread is going now...but I sent mine to Austin on March 25th.

The class was taken March 9th, I just didn't turn 21 until later in March.
CHL Class taken: 3/5/08
CHL Packet Sent: 3/24/08
CHL Packet Recieved by DPS: 3/25/08
Check Cleared: 4/1/08
PIN Number Recieved: 4/12/08
CHL Licence Issued/Active: 6/1/08
In the mailbox: 6/5/08
72 days.

1st Renewal
Online app.: 1/3/13
Class: 1/27/13
Mailed: 1/28/13
Paperwork received: 1/31/13

Topic author
ryoung

Post by ryoung »

Today is day 50. I mailed the app on 3/28, but I don't know when they received it, so I'm going with April 1 to make the math easy. However, that's another story which concerns another fine nameless government institution.

Birthday next week. What are the odds I will see the plastic by then? Not good? Well, if not I maybe get a 4 year 9 month license...

Stay tuned.

RY

baylor

Post by baylor »

Has anyone in the March 2008 timeframe (sent to DPS) have their license yet? Just wanting to know about others in my flight.

Anyone?

:bigear:
Paperwork arrived DPS 03/21
<crickets></crickets>

Rough_Ashlar

Post by Rough_Ashlar »

still waiting.........

see sig
CHL class 02 Mar 2008
mailed packet (with cashiers check) 03 Mar 2008