June 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

myopicweasel
Posts in topic: 4

Re: June 2009 Applications

Post by myopicweasel »

I was fingerprinted at the DPS office using the FAST service. Does this mean my fingerprints are guaranteed to be accepted?

USA1
Posts in topic: 81

Post by USA1 »

myopicweasel wrote:I was fingerprinted at the DPS office using the FAST service. Does this mean my fingerprints are guaranteed to be accepted?
im not sure about guaranteed , but it seems to be the best method :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

ezenbrowntown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ezenbrowntown »

Just received my PIN number on Saturday. While I know it will say "Processing Application" for awhile, it does at least feel like I'm making some kind of progress.
05/30 : CHL Class
06/09 : Packet Mailed
06/19 : Check Cashed
07/18 : Received PIN via email
07/31 : Resubmitted photos
10/6 : Re-resubmitted photos for the 3rd time
11/21: Plastic in Hand

RiveraRa
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RiveraRa »

ezenbrowntown wrote:Just received my PIN number on Saturday. While I know it will say "Processing Application" for awhile, it does at least feel like I'm making some kind of progress.
While I know it will say "Processing Application" for a while now, I still like to check mine every couple of days so I know quickly if it changes to some sort of error or hold up. That way I can get it resolved asap. But yeah...looks like were in the waiting period now.
01/10/2009 - CHL class
06/16/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
06/18/2009 - Paperwork Received
06/25/2009 - Money Order Cashed
07/15/2009 - PIN Received
09/02/2009 - Application Completed
09/05/2009 - Plastic in Hand
Current Status: License in hand!

tempter
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tempter »

Well it looks I'm in the wait line as well... Nice to know I'm in with good company. After reading some of the other times, I would guess mine will be end of September. Now I just need to NOT look for awhile...
06/21/2009 - CHL class
06/22/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
06/25/2009 - Paperwork Received
07/20/2009 - PIN Received
09/02/2009 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!
09/08/2009 - Plastic in Hand

Beretta 92

USA1

Post by USA1 »

hi tempter ,
welcome :tiphat:

joe817
Posts in topic: 94

Post by joe817 »

Howdy tempter, welcome to the forum!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Mazzy
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Mazzy »

I wish I'd visited this site earlier and made note of specific dates and such.

But..
5/31 = CHL Class
6/01 = Packet Mailed
...I believe I already had my pin, because I paid DPS online...
crickets chirping...earth in orbit around sun...time passes...
7/16 = "Processing Application"

Just seeing the status go from "Packet Mailed to Applicant" to "Processing Application" made me happy.

Anyway, nice to be here and GREETINGS to my fellow Texas soon-to-be-CHL'ers.

Topic author
timdsmith72
Posts in topic: 43

Post by timdsmith72 »

Kind of off topic, but my belt from The Belt Man arrived yesterday. And I gotta say, this is one of the highest quality belts I've ever seen. I'm very impressed.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Mazzy wrote: GREETINGS to my fellow Texas soon-to-be-CHL'ers.
welcome Mazzy , glad to have you here .better late than never . :tiphat:

G23
Posts in topic: 10

Post by G23 »

Geeeezzz now what, checked status on june 15 after i got my pin # " processing application". So i've been letting it ride. Checked today and now "application incomplete-missing information-detailed letter has been sent". I guess i will call monday when they open and find out what is missing. The instructor and i went over the app. before i sent it in,dont have a clue what it could be. Any way this is only my 2nd post great site lots of info. So I will join the list of future "CHL"ers and just wait. :confused5
06/02/09 - Paperwork Received
10/13/09-plastic in hand

USA1

Post by USA1 »

G23 wrote: The instructor and i went over the app. before i sent it in,dont have a clue what it could be.
i will bet its the fingerprint thing . that seems to be the most common issue .
sometimes they will kick back the photos , if they think they're too dark or grainy .

but definitely call monday to find out , that may give you a head start to fix the problem. ;-)

williamkevin
Posts in topic: 13

Post by williamkevin »

williamkevin wrote:
dicion wrote:
williamkevin wrote:"Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent."

Perfect.... :mad5
You can call them, like, right now, and see why, so you can have it ready to send immediately after you get the letter.

Reading your sig, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you applied for the 1/2 price discount for military?
Did you send them your DD-214 that says 'Honorable' as the type of discharge at the bottom, and/or a copy of your DD-256 Certificate?

I sent the DD-214 that didn't have the Type of discharge on it, That's what they got me on.. :mrgreen:
Howdy...actually, I'm currently active guard/reserve on title 10 orders, so I qualified for $0 state fee for active duty. I included a current copy of my LES and ID card with the package. Looking at my copy of the application, I see where I left a gap in employment from Nov 08 to the present. I applied online last year and got the preprinted app back from DPS, but didn't take the class and submit the paperwork until June of this year. I neglected to make the correction on the app to reflect that I was still and in fact employed by the Texas Air National Guard. :roll:
Got my letter today and I neglected to put my place of birth on one of the fingerprint cards. Live and learn I guess. I'm just glad it wasn't something worse! :banghead:
Last edited by williamkevin on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

williamkevin wrote:
williamkevin wrote:
dicion wrote:
williamkevin wrote:"Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent."

Perfect.... :mad5
You can call them, like, right now, and see why, so you can have it ready to send immediately after you get the letter.

Reading your sig, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you applied for the 1/2 price discount for military?
Did you send them your DD-214 that says 'Honorable' as the type of discharge at the bottom, and/or a copy of your DD-256 Certificate?

I sent the DD-214 that didn't have the Type of discharge on it, That's what they got me on.. :mrgreen:
Howdy...actually, I'm currently active guard/reserve on title 10 orders, so I qualified for $0 state fee for active duty. I included a current copy of my LES and ID card with the package. Looking at my copy of the application, I see where I left a gap in employment from Nov 08 to the present. I applied online last year and got the preprinted app back from DPS, but didn't take the class and submit the paperwork until June of this year. I neglected to make the correction on the app to reflect that I was still and in fact employed by the Texas Air National Guard. :roll:
Got my letter today and I neglected to put my place of birth on one of the fingerprint cards. Live and learn I guess. I'm just glad it wasn't something worse! :banghead:
thats ok , when i was at the post office with my sealed up , ready to go packet ,
i just had that feeling that i forgot something .

so i ripped the envelope open to discover that i had overlooked selecting male or female :oops:

glad i caught it :eek6

neiltus
Posts in topic: 8

Post by neiltus »

I am new here, in Collin County.

Course 5/2
Mailed packet 5/4
Application Processing 6/10 (received email from DPS and saw the change online)
Called to inquire 7/10 (said some backgrounds were back, fingerprints ok and I needed to do nothing)
Approved ???
Plastic ???

Some background that may help...In the time period DPS has requested addresses and places of employment I have lived in both Texas and NY. I was born in Texas and spent all but 4 of my adult years here. I just hope they are not waiting to get something back from any government agency in NY as those agencies will probably make TX dps look like a speed demon. Regardless I have nil criminal record.

I am posting in June due to the "application processing" change on June 10th. I assume that is when my 60 day mark starts. They sat on my app for about 30 days prior to starting to process it.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”