May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Re: May 2014

Post by Pluto »

infoman wrote:It takes 2 months before the website will show a status change showing receiving your documents.
As much as I want to keep checking (I check once, maybe twice a day) it sounds like I just need to stop altogether. If 2 months is the case then I'll have to check back July 12th. If 45 days is the case then the 27th of this month or so. Good to know a "more or less" date at least and gives me time to choose the pistol I want to carry. Right now, I'm leaning toward a Walther PK380 for carry. Everything else I have are hand canons.

SDVON
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SDVON »

Good choice Pluto. Spend your wait time on shopping for holsters, grips,lasers etc... Just got an update this morning, manufacturing pending soooo. :anamatedbanana

deadstick
Posts in topic: 6

Post by deadstick »

Just wanted to put my stats in for future licensee's:

Wife:
CHL class : 04/27/2014
Finger Print: 05/02/2014
online CHL Application: 05/02/2014
online doc upload : 05/02/2014
Email confirmation : 05/02/2014

Me:
CHL class : 04/27/2014
Finger Print: 05/02/2014
online CHL Application: 05/02/2014
online doc upload : 05/07/2014
Email confirmation : 05/07/2014

Will update once statuses come in.

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

SDVON wrote:Good choice Pluto. Spend your wait time on shopping for holsters, grips,lasers etc... Just got an update this morning, manufacturing pending soooo. :anamatedbanana
That's awesome, congrats. It shouldn't be too much longer.

Topic author
jasday
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jasday »

SDVON, what is you time for that?
jasday

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 26

Post by mtnthundr2 »

So after reading all the posts regarding the LOOOONG wait times I had settled in for a long winters nap (hahaha, no just kidding!), I fully expected NOT to see any changes to my (and my husbands) status for at least a month. Here's where we're at ...... (don't shoot the messenger please!);

3-22-14 class
5-22-14 online applications
5-22-14 received emailed confirmation (applications received)
5-28-14 fingerprints
5-28-14 submitted all supporting documents via website "contact us" (attached files)
5-28-14 received email conf, "received all supporting documents"
6-4-14 (just for kicks checked the website to see if there was any change in status) status is now showing "under review" with most items checked off in green

So I was the one that had issues with my fingerprints not scanning well. The person doing the scanning said that he expected there would be issues with my prints and re-scanned them three different times and some fingers had to be done four times. Its not really the scanners fault, my fingers are pretty abused as I worked with some harsh chemicals when I was younger so there's not a single fingerprint that doesn't have lines running right through the prints (kind of like a wrinkle in a piece of paper). But, surprisingly, my print status on the website show "complete" and my husbands are showing as "under review"......go figure..... lol.

The only thing I think I did a little differently was to send an email asking for confirmation that BOTH of our supporting documents were received as I had only received ONE email confirmation "received all supporting documents" (we share an email address so I wasn't sure if I was going to receive an email for each of our document packets).
Anyway.....just wanted to share my experience so far.
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 26

Post by mtnthundr2 »

bryan1980 wrote:
mtnthundr2 wrote:Hello All!

I am new to the waiting room ...my husband and I are on the exact same schedule (classes, applications, etc all done at the same time). Here're our 'stats'....
3-22-14 Class
5-22-14 Applications (online)
5-22-14 email confirmation (barcode and checklist)
5-28-14 Fingerprints
5-28-14 Submitted all supporting documents through website (attached files)
5-28-14 email confirmation, "received supporting documents"

Did anyone have trouble with their fingerprints? I was told that my fingerprints will probably reject because they didn't scan well, he had to re-do them a couple times. My husbands scanned very well.

......and the waiting begins, I understand that patience is a virtue....especially with this process!
Welcome to the forum!

Regarding your fingerprints, I would have asked them to redo them if they were unsure if they scanned properly or not. At the place I had mine done at, there was a screen that showed sort of a "preview" of what the prints were going to look like. In fact, the person doing my prints re-rolled one of my fingers because she didn't like the way it looked.

Thank you for the "welcome" :)
When my fingers were scanned they kept rejecting (showing red outlines on the screen around the areas of my prints that rejected), he had to re-scan them many times and finally said he'd done the best he could, it was just that my fingers have a lot of extra lines running through the swirls (kind of like a wrinkle in a paper). He said he expected that the prints would get rejected and they'd ask me to have them re-done. I just checked the website and the status of my fingerprints show, "Complete". I guess I'll wait and see if I get notification in the mail that they need to be done again. The guy that did the scanning said that if there was a problem I'd hear within two weeks by postal mail. Soooooo ...... we WAIT .....but I guess I'm in the right place for "waiting", hahaha
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

slr001
Posts in topic: 34

Post by slr001 »

mtnthundr2 wrote:So after reading all the posts regarding the LOOOONG wait times I had settled in for a long winters nap (hahaha, no just kidding!), I fully expected NOT to see any changes to my (and my husbands) status for at least a month. Here's where we're at ...... (don't shoot the messenger please!);

3-22-14 class
5-22-14 online applications
5-22-14 received emailed confirmation (applications received)
5-28-14 fingerprints
5-28-14 submitted all supporting documents via website "contact us" (attached files)
5-28-14 received email conf, "received all supporting documents"
6-4-14 (just for kicks checked the website to see if there was any change in status) status is now showing "under review" with most items checked off in green

So I was the one that had issues with my fingerprints not scanning well. The person doing the scanning said that he expected there would be issues with my prints and re-scanned them three different times and some fingers had to be done four times. Its not really the scanners fault, my fingers are pretty abused as I worked with some harsh chemicals when I was younger so there's not a single fingerprint that doesn't have lines running right through the prints (kind of like a wrinkle in a piece of paper). But, surprisingly, my print status on the website show "complete" and my husbands are showing as "under review"......go figure..... lol.

The only thing I think I did a little differently was to send an email asking for confirmation that BOTH of our supporting documents were received as I had only received ONE email confirmation "received all supporting documents" (we share an email address so I wasn't sure if I was going to receive an email for each of our document packets).
Anyway.....just wanted to share my experience so far.
Wow, this is just nuts... 1 week and you have green check marks.

Maybe I am checking the wrong site??

slr001

Post by slr001 »

Well, I just talked to the folks in Austin this morning.

When I check status online, I dont get a status screen. I get a screen that give me the option of starting an application. If I incorrectly put in my DL# I get an error screen. So I assumed the screen that I was getting was just the screen you should get prior to the website being actually updated with the initial status.

So in talking to Austin this morning...
I had a CHL when they were first introduced back in the mid 90's. But didnt renew it when it expired. When I applied this time I tried first as a renewal. The sytem didn't find me so I started a new applpication. Apparently, my SS# on my original was one digit off (bad handwriting)... so they had 2 records for me with conflicting SS#. So my app was stuck somewhere not moving.

They told me they would merge my records together. Depending on the workload in IT it will only take 5-10 day :(

Quite a shame that we are told to wait 30 days before calling. I could have had this problem fixed 3-4 weeks ago.

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

slr001 wrote:Well, I just talked to the folks in Austin this morning.

When I check status online, I dont get a status screen. I get a screen that give me the option of starting an application. If I incorrectly put in my DL# I get an error screen. So I assumed the screen that I was getting was just the screen you should get prior to the website being actually updated with the initial status.

So in talking to Austin this morning...
I had a CHL when they were first introduced back in the mid 90's. But didnt renew it when it expired. When I applied this time I tried first as a renewal. The sytem didn't find me so I started a new applpication. Apparently, my SS# on my original was one digit off (bad handwriting)... so they had 2 records for me with conflicting SS#. So my app was stuck somewhere not moving.

They told me they would merge my records together. Depending on the workload in IT it will only take 5-10 day :(

Quite a shame that we are told to wait 30 days before calling. I could have had this problem fixed 3-4 weeks ago.
What number are you using to contact them?

slr001

Post by slr001 »

Pluto wrote:
(512) 424-7293

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

slr001 wrote:
Pluto wrote:
(512) 424-7293
Access denied haha got a recording telling me to call at a later time

phoke
Posts in topic: 2

Post by phoke »

Class: April 27
Submitted Online app: May 19
Fingerprints submitted: May 22
Certification mailed: May 23

When I check online it says my online application has been received but still waiting on other paperwork. I called and they said they had my online app and the fingerprints but they couldn't check on the certification. Anyone else have this problem?

infoman
Posts in topic: 11

Post by infoman »

You're way too early to be calling them for status. It takes like 6-8 weeks at best before they can tell you your docs are all there.

phoke
Posts in topic: 2

Post by phoke »

infoman wrote:You're way too early to be calling them for status. It takes like 6-8 weeks at best before they can tell you your docs are all there.
that should be when I receive the license, not them getting the documents right? All of my friends received their licenses in the mail within 4-6 weeks of submitting their docs.
Last edited by phoke on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”