March 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

myron243
Posts in topic: 12

Re: March 2009 Applications

Post by myron243 »

It's really good to see so many folks getting their plastic. Congrats to all. And those of us whose license went to the printers last week will get to walk Wallymart before Halloween, anyway :lol:
9/12/09 - Day 174 - Finally in hand

YabuUS

Plastic in hand

Post by YabuUS »

Yahoo! Plastic arrived in today's mail. :thewave

joe817
Posts in topic: 41

Re: Plastic in hand

Post by joe817 »

YabuUS wrote:Yahoo! Plastic arrived in today's mail. :thewave
Congrats, the long wait is finally over. Now it's time to do the W.W. (and we DO expect a full report back!) :lol: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

carbon-14
Posts in topic: 32

Post by carbon-14 »

still waiting for my mail carrier to arrive :( He's usually here before noon, but today he's running late, or i didnt get any mail at all.... guess it'll be another day... come on US mail!!
edit: mailman came late @ 1500; no CHL..... really hope its here tomorrow!
Harris County

CHL Class: March 14
Packet Mailed: March 16
Packet 'Incomplete' resubmitted same day received
Called: was told 'Its getting printed'!!: went to the printer 8/26/09
App complete!! Aug 29, 09
Plastic in Hand: Sept. 5, 09

total: 172 days :(

LoneStarWings
Posts in topic: 8

Post by LoneStarWings »

Almost done here, switched to application complete today. Just waiting for the plastic in the mail now. Looks like I'll be finished at about the 5&1/2 month mark.
Residence: Austin, Travis County
Employer: Houston, Harris County
3/24/09: Application Mailed to DPS
5/26/09: Date of Letter Containing PIN
9/02/09: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
9/10/09: Plastic In Hand

joe817
Posts in topic: 41

Post by joe817 »

Congrats LSW! It won't be long now! Wow! That WAS a long wait. I'm happy for you.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

YabuUS

Post by YabuUS »

Joe 817 wrote
[quote]Congrats, the long wait is finally over. Now it's time to do the W.W. (and we DO expect a full report back!)

Made the Wally Walk yesterday and all went fine. :patriot: I had to amend some of the rule since I usually park in the Handicap spots. I will offer a comment on the way I carry my Taurus Millennium Pro 745. Currently, I'm carrying using a Elite Survival System nylon IWB holster. The gun sits nicely down in the pocket and is pretty comfortable. I also wear suspenders to hold my pants up - those wide heavy duty type you can get at Walmart. Since the suspenders are actually holding the pants up, that lets me loosen the belt a notch or two and relieve the squeeze on my gut. That's really helpful when I sit down. The belt just provides a place to hang the holster. Anybody else carry their weapon like this? It really works great for me. I can't stand a really tight belt around my middle since it's a very large "middle". :lol: When I wear shorts with an elastic waistband I use the suspenders again. In that case I just slip my NAA Guardian .380 with a pocket holster into my shorts pocket. That works too.

USA1
Posts in topic: 68

Post by USA1 »

YabuUS wrote: I also wear suspenders to hold my pants up - those wide heavy duty type you can get at Walmart.
didn't anyone tell you . suspenders are a dead give away that you have a gun :shock: "rlol"
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

YabuUS

Post by YabuUS »

USA1 wrote: didn't anyone tell you . suspenders are a dead give away that you have a gun

Well, no, I don't think the suspenders give anything away since I wear them underneath my T-shirt and they don't show at all. Nobody can tell I'm wearing suspenders. I've been using suspenders for some time now and I don't think anybody even knows I wear them.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

YabuUS wrote:USA1 wrote: didn't anyone tell you . suspenders are a dead give away that you have a gun

Well, no, I don't think the suspenders give anything away since I wear them underneath my T-shirt and they don't show at all. Nobody can tell I'm wearing suspenders. I've been using suspenders for some time now and I don't think anybody even knows I wear them.
Ahhh , the "tactical" approach . i like it . ;-) :thumbs2:

just wanted you to know i was only joking with you earlier . ;-)
a little "CHL" humor :cheers2:

YabuUS

Post by YabuUS »

No problem, USA1, I took it in stride. I will agree with you that there are some things that do give your gun toting away - things like fanny packs for instance. I would never wear one of those things. Besides, a big guy like me would look silly wearing one of those. I'm retired and have the luxury of dressing any way I want. Jeans or shorts and large long T-shirt are practically my uniform these days. The big T-shirt covers everything from the neck down to below my waist. People just have to guess what's underneath. :lol:

USA1

Post by USA1 »

YabuUS wrote: Jeans or shorts and large long T-shirt are practically my uniform these days.
same here . ;-)

lagoshooter
Posts in topic: 6

Post by lagoshooter »

lagoshooter wrote:I thought I would have my PIN by now ... but after checking other posts I guess my situation is pretty normal:

03/14/09 -- CHL Class Taken
03/16/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
03/19/09 -- Packet received by DPS

09/01/09 -- Plastic in hand..... phew ... finally .... that took a long time :patriot:

Rawb77
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Rawb77 »

Well, today is another day. Hopefully the mail comes with some good news today! Apart from that, I have a bonafied job interview coming up which will get me making my first salary since graduating college. (In otherwords, im doing everything Obama would rather me NOT be doing! "rlol" )
CHL Class - 03/28/09
Mailed out - 03/30/09
DPS received 04/02/09
Processing 05/18/09
Plastic In hand 09/04/09

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Rawb77 wrote:Well, today is another day. Hopefully the mail comes with some good news today!
i think today will be your day ;-) :txflag:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”