November 2010 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

AnthonyTX
Posts in topic: 6

Re: November 2010 Applications

Post by AnthonyTX »

How are you guys that mailed in the application accessing the site?

It says I need to apply as a new user?

hkusp40

Post by hkusp40 »

If you applied online then you would go to return user and fill in the required info. Most of the people in the Nov. waiting room have had the same response of, the site is not updated, but check it out. I check mine daily just to see but I ended up sending an e-mail to the CHL department and recieved a response fairl quickly.

Good Luck.

Oh...they say if you mailed the paper forms and did not do it online it will take a couple of weeks.

Waco Kid
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Waco Kid »

But note that if you're not in the system via an electronic app (paper application), and use the "Login" button more than 3 times in a 24 hour period, it locks you out for a solid 24 hours (or more) from your last attempt. So if you check before work, during lunch, then after work, you're locked out until after work the next day, and if you check during that locked period, it gets extended another 24 hours from that check. At least that's how it worked for me. "rlol" What a PITA.

I'm only 2 1/2 weeks since mailing though. No feedback except a cleared check from my bank so far.

MickyD
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MickyD »

I know it is hard to resist checking the DPS website for information, but they don't seem concerned with updating the website. I have had my plastic for 8 days and the DPS site still says they are waiting for the materials. :headscratch
Mickey

Online application submitted: 10/16/2010
L-1 Fingerprints: 10/20/2010
Taurus PT640 40S&W: ?/2011
Taurus 24/7 40S&W: 10/20/2010 retired
CHL class: 11/6/2010
Mailed to Austin: 11/8/2010 Rec'd 11/10/2010
CHL received: 12/2/2010 24 days mailout to mailbox

Fallsraider
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Fallsraider »

well last week the guy at the DPS told me that it was issued and to "watch the mailbox". . . I've gone home everyday since then at noon and there is always just a mailbox full of Christmas cards. . . . no plastic! All the Christmas cards help take the sting out the situation though. . . keeps things in perspective, I'm truly blessed.

hkusp40

Post by hkusp40 »

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY.... PLASTIC !!!! :drool:

Still counting the days. Oh and the e-mail said that the response I recieved was standard. (Hope it gets done soon)

Keep you all posted on the progress, good luck to all.

Smallestbodyman

Post by Smallestbodyman »

I'm thinking it's harder when you find out it's been mailed. I didn't look a the mailbox as much as I have been since they said it was mailed out. I'm an impationt person that's why I don't do alot of online shopping. Today has been 6 weeks since I mailed my complete packet. Since Saturday I haven't recieved any mail so I've just been checking an empty box. :totap: Any day now!!

AnthonyTX

Post by AnthonyTX »

Cruel world!!! I got home late today around 10ish and head straight to the mailbox. I open it and see circulars... I reach in and grab it and note envelopes at the bottom.... something hard! something card like! Could it be?! .... No... its one of those credit card applications with those fake cards.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just checked my bank acct... check was cashed 11/22.. what gives!

EDIT: NOooooo another bad error message:

Ugly_Jerry
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ugly_Jerry »

Hey AnthonyTX, I was getting the same error messages you're getting when trying to log into the site. In fact I never could check my status online. I mailed my CHL packet in on November 8th and on November 28th I received a letter from them saying that they had received and processed my app on Nov 18. And that was all I heard from them until yesterday when my CHL came in the mail! I think it came in on Dec 8th but I didn't see it until yesterday. So about 30 days mailbox to mailbox is pretty damn good in my opinion.

CHL timeline:
Took CHL class: 10/20
Mailed packet: 11/8
Received confirmation letter: 11/28
Plastic in hand: 12/9

Winchster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Winchster »

AnthonyTX wrote:How are you guys that mailed in the application accessing the site?

It says I need to apply as a new user?

I will repeat Anthony's question. How, If I mailed my app do I use this site?
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

jdlott74
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jdlott74 »

twolfe wrote:Hi I am new to the forums completed my CHL class on 10/31 sent packet to DPS on 11/6 certified mail receipt requested have gotten receipt back but online status still shows they have not received my packet or just have not
put in any updates. How long did it take before you saw something being updated online. Tried to call but was on hold for 30 to 45 minutes each time.

you

I sent in mine around nov 6 and the website still saysthe are waiting on docs did the app online finally called dps and the received om nov 9th but online is still same status I would give it time and wait
My CHL Application
10/23/2010 -- CHL class
10/25/2010 - Quals and Fingerprinting Done
11/3/2010 -- Application mailed to DPS
11/9/2010 -- Received at DPS
12/18/2010 -- Plastic in hand

Smallestbodyman

Post by Smallestbodyman »

For those of you waiting and checking the site, just be patiant. It will come. You can also email them and get a little info. But y'all can count me out of the waiting room. I got home at lunch and there was plastic in the mailbox. :woohoo I didn't get to do my Wally walk tonight but I do bowl on a league and had my bersa 380 on my left (crossdraw) and noone seamed to notice at all. Did good with not messing with it to much :thumbs2: Makes me feel much better about being able to easily hide my 45 with no problems. Good luck to those waiting and be patiant, I know it's hard! I had a solid 6 week turn around!

Smoky
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Smoky »

35 days passed. Still no plastic, and no updates...

Fallsraider
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Fallsraider »

Man I am ready to get out of this Waiting Room. . . I was told on December 7th that it was "issued and printing, should receive it in 1 to 2 weeks". . . 36 days today from when they received it. . . I go home and check the mailbox every day at lunch and NOTHING again today. . . guess there is always tomorrow. . .

AnthonyTX

Post by AnthonyTX »

I called them yesterday and according to them mine is still "processing". They also mentioned it wont show up in their system online for a couple weeks. Interesting note is that they said there is an issue with the website thats being worked on right now. Maybe why most of us havent been able to get an update.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”