"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

nbignz
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by nbignz »

I submitted application and training cert Apr 29. Fingerprints May2.

bdr518
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bdr518 »

bdr518 wrote:Application - 4/28
Fingerprints - 4/29
Class - 4/30
All in email - 5/2
Status change - 5/26
Plastic in hand - ?????

My time in the WR is coming to an end!! And quickly.
Plastic in hand - 5/28!! 27 days!

Off to do my Wally walk!

LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 15

Post by LTCTLB »

bdr518 wrote:
bdr518 wrote:Application - 4/28
Fingerprints - 4/29
Class - 4/30
All in email - 5/2
Status change - 5/26
Plastic in hand - ?????

My time in the WR is coming to an end!! And quickly.
Plastic in hand - 5/28!! 27 days!

Off to do my Wally walk!
:woohoo
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

jh7107

Post by jh7107 »

jh7107 wrote:I finally had the chance to get in and get qualified. Now the wait starts...

State app: 2/18/16
CHL class: 4/23/16
Uploaded docs: 4/25/16
Fingerprints: 03/21/16
Confirmation e-mail: 4/25/16
Had my status change on 5/24/16, but had to do an address change. submitted that 5/24, and just checked, and my status changed again! 37 total days including the wait for the change.

Almost done with my wait! :rolll

Geoleo3
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Geoleo3 »

How are you guys already getting it after just a month? I did mine 4/12 with all the docs and fingerprintd submitted. Is there a number that i can get through to an actual human to checky status?

PurpleHaze
Posts in topic: 4

Post by PurpleHaze »

Submitted all paperwork electronically on 2/25
E-mail verification on 2/26
License in hand on 5/24/16
Just under 3 month wait. :anamatedbanana
NRA Member and Veteran :txflag:

JoCannonIV
Posts in topic: 18

Post by JoCannonIV »

Geoleo3 wrote:How are you guys already getting it after just a month? I did mine 4/12 with all the docs and fingerprintd submitted. Is there a number that i can get through to an actual human to checky status?

(512) 424-7293 is their number, it seems that they are caught up now. I waited exactly 100 days, it is frustrating when you see somebody get theirs in 30 days and you were all in 60 days prior. You can call but more than likely when and if you get somebody on the phone they will probably just tell you that it is in process.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

Geoleo3 wrote:How are you guys already getting it after just a month? I did mine 4/12 with all the docs and fingerprintd submitted. Is there a number that i can get through to an actual human to checky status?
There are several variables that can possibly delay processing;
  • Common names
    Living outside of the state
    Not to mention any potential items discovered when doing the background check
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bdr518

Post by bdr518 »

Flightmare wrote:
  • Common names
I have a relatively common name, and lived many places outside of Texas, but still got mine in 27 days. I wonder if it's because I have been through MANY background checks by numerous 3 letter agencies that maybe have made it faster?? Or maybe it's pure dumb luck.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

bdr518 wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
  • Common names
I have a relatively common name, and lived many places outside of Texas, but still got mine in 27 days. I wonder if it's because I have been through MANY background checks by numerous 3 letter agencies that maybe have made it faster?? Or maybe it's pure dumb luck.
Don't know. mine took 65 days from all-in to plastic. A buddy of mine took almost 90. I've never lived outside of Texas and have an uncommon last name. But this was also back when they were severely backlogged. You may have just got lucky with your timing.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

jbdunn82

Post by jbdunn82 »

I just called TX DPS and asked about the status of my LTC. Ashley was very nice and informed me the technicians started my app on April 14th. She told me that they had 60 BUSINESS days to complete the application which puts me six more weeks out. from my interpretation the statute states no later than the 60th day.

"The director’s designee as needed shall conduct an additional criminal
history record check of the applicant and an investigation of the applicant’s local
official records to verify the accuracy of the application materials.The director’s
designee may access any records necessary for purposes of this subsection.
The scope of the record check and the investigation are at the sole discretion
of the department, except that the director’s designee shall complete the record
check and investigation not later than the 60th day after the date the department
receives the application materials.
The department shall send a fingerprint card
to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a national criminal history check of the
applicant. On completion of the investigation, the director’s designee shall return
all materials and the result of the investigation to the appropriate division of the
department at its Austin headquarters."

Am I mistaken here?

joker0496

Post by joker0496 »

So I have been all since March 22nd
Hadn't heard or seen anything, so May 27th I called them for a status update. I was told that they can't read my character of service on my DD-214. They said that I will need to resubmit a cleaner copy or anything that would show I was honorably discharged. So that same day I sent them a copy of my Honorable Discharge certificate and a card from the county secretary stating that I filed and Honorable Discharge with them. I called today to check the status and to make sure that what I sent over was readable and that I wouldn't need anything else. The lady on the phone said that the new paperwork would do. I then asked how much longer it would be, she told me that it could be up to 12 weeks.

So all in March 22
Status change late August early September maybe?
Total time six months :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 15

Post by LTCTLB »

joker0496 wrote:So I have been all since March 22nd
Hadn't heard or seen anything, so May 27th I called them for a status update. I was told that they can't read my character of service on my DD-214. They said that I will need to resubmit a cleaner copy or anything that would show I was honorably discharged. So that same day I sent them a copy of my Honorable Discharge certificate and a card from the county secretary stating that I filed and Honorable Discharge with them. I called today to check the status and to make sure that what I sent over was readable and that I wouldn't need anything else. The lady on the phone said that the new paperwork would do. I then asked how much longer it would be, she told me that it could be up to 12 weeks.

So all in March 22
Maybe that is the default answer and it will be much quicker. Good luck.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

joker0496

Post by joker0496 »

LTCTLB wrote:
joker0496 wrote:So I have been all since March 22nd

So all in March 22
Maybe that is the default answer and it will be much quicker. Good luck.
I guess only time will tell. Thanks

dbmet
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dbmet »

Application: Feb 2
All in: Feb 10
Confirmation email: Feb 10
In the system (per rep): Feb 10

Received Medical Advisory Forms : May 6
Returned Medical Advisory Forms Forms via mail: May 9
Approved by Medical Advisory Board: May 26