February 2014 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

infoman
Posts in topic: 3

Re: February 2014 Applications

Post by infoman »

You should resubmit online again for sure. They recently upgraded their contact us page, now the site must have your docs attached correctly before it lets the email through. Before it did not & tons of emails went through without attachments. Yours most likely went through without the attachments on it.

jmra
Posts in topic: 55

Post by jmra »

infoman wrote:You should resubmit online again for sure. They recently upgraded their contact us page, now the site must have your docs attached correctly before it lets the email through. Before it did not & tons of people failed to properly send emails with the attachments. Yours most likely went through without the attachments on it.
Fixed it for you.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

pacman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by pacman »

Today (May 29, 2014) on Day 98 of my application, I received "The Checklist" with 3 "Yield Signs - apparently the same most others have reported) on it.

I guess what pisses me off about the whole process is that I am a licensed Texas Peace Officer (but not working as one at the moment) and
my criminal background check to become one took MINUTES, and here I am waiting for what will be over 100 days to get my CHL...

And...

That a Constitutional right has been perverted to the point that we even have to do this process. :rules:

Just venting.

Peace

killerquad
Posts in topic: 1

Post by killerquad »

A little late in updating my application status but it took 60 days from the time I mailed the application in to the day I received my plastic. The background check took 2 days to complete and I got my card a week later.

Sucks to hear about the trouble some of you guys are having. I got mine faster than I thought I would, and even then it was torture having to wait that long!

I hope everything works out soon for yall!
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

kayla
Posts in topic: 4

Post by kayla »

Because of financial issues I took my chl class in august 2013 and finally got to pay the ridiculously expensive fee in February 2014. I have yet to see any changes in my chl status. I paid the fees, got my finger prints done and still waiting. Nothing has changed.

jmra

Post by jmra »

kayla wrote:Because of financial issues I took my chl class in august 2013 and finally got to pay the ridiculously expensive fee in February 2014. I have yet to see any changes in my chl status. I paid the fees, got my finger prints done and still waiting. Nothing has changed.
Welcome to the forum. Regarding fees, less than $30 a year seems pretty small compared to the cost of a firearm, ammo, and range fees needed to become proficient.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

infoman

Post by infoman »

Kayla- they don't have your CHL-100, that's what it sounds like to me. I'd resubmit it ASAP if I were you.

kayla
Posts in topic: 4

Post by kayla »

Well that's cool that you can afford 120 plus dollars while working full time, living on your own and taking 18 plus hours of college. So that's awesome.

If I resubmit my chl papers would I have to pay the fees and resubmit my finger printing?

bryan1980
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bryan1980 »

kayla wrote:Well that's cool that you can afford 120 plus dollars while working full time, living on your own and taking 18 plus hours of college. So that's awesome.

If I resubmit my chl papers would I have to pay the fees and resubmit my finger printing?
If you've already paid the application fee and the fee for your fingerprints, you should be good to go as far as cost goes. As was mentioned, make sure the DPS has a copy of your CHL-100 (the form you receive once you successfully complete your CHL class, with the instructor's signature).
5/21/14 - Submitted online app.
5/24/14 - Class
5/27/14 - Submitted CHL-100 & checklist
7/18/14 - Plastic in hand

infoman

Post by infoman »

Kayla- you ONLY need to scan & email your CHL-100 form through their contact us page.

patterson
Posts in topic: 58

Post by patterson »

kayla wrote:Well that's cool that you can afford 120 plus dollars while working full time, living on your own and taking 18 plus hours of college. So that's awesome.

I see nothing wrong with the way you had to go about it and I wish I could convince my daughter to get her chl

pacman

Post by pacman »

Day 102

Manufacturing

How long after this should I expect to see the card?

Thanks!

patterson
Posts in topic: 58

Post by patterson »

pacman wrote:Day 102

Manufacturing

How long after this should I expect to see the card?

Thanks!
it took 7 days after it said manufacturing to get plastic for me

pacman

Post by pacman »

Day 103

Mailed

jmra

Post by jmra »

pacman wrote:Day 103

Mailed
Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”