Texas.gov online status check

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 20

Re: Texas.gov online status check

Post by CoolBreeze »

jeffdick wrote:
Texguy wrote:When I checked the screen that used to show application status this morning, it displayed links to change personal info and to report a lost or stolen license. It didn't show those yesterday. Is everyone seeing this? ... or is my license issued and on the way!!!

class 6/14
fingerprinted 6/17
mailed docs 6/17
under review 6/25

Makes no sense. I uploaded all my documents and received conformation email on 5/19 and still nothing!
There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason why they do things in Austin. Some people get their license in 3 weeks and other it takes 6 months with no noticeable reason as to why. The only thing that makes sense is it just depends on whose desk your application lands on. Some up there are working hard to get through them and some are sitting on them while they take their time. That is my best guess.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

chasesmallwood10
Posts in topic: 4

Post by chasesmallwood10 »

I'm showing the new updated status as well. I hope this means that it's on its way.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

chasesmallwood10 wrote:I'm showing the new updated status as well. I hope this means that it's on its way.
Welcome to the forum. Soon the wait will be over and It is well worth the wait!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

chasesmallwood10

Post by chasesmallwood10 »

I'm just hoping that the new status actually means that it has shipped. This is like waiting on adult Christmas.

tkennemer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tkennemer »

My status never changed, for almost 2 months, until it showed that it had been mailed. Showed "application processed online" from 4/30 to 6/25. On 6/25 showed all documents received and "mailed." Got it yesterday...finally!

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

tkennemer wrote:My status never changed, for almost 2 months, until it showed that it had been mailed. Showed "application processed online" from 4/30 to 6/25. On 6/25 showed all documents received and "mailed." Got it yesterday...finally!
Congrats!

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

tkennemer wrote:My status never changed, for almost 2 months, until it showed that it had been mailed. Showed "application processed online" from 4/30 to 6/25. On 6/25 showed all documents received and "mailed." Got it yesterday...finally!
Awesome...Congrats~!

bullitt1

Post by bullitt1 »

Saw same thing Sunday. Called Monday, after 45 minute wait reply i got was "we are updating site"
Here it is Thur and still the same.
Ain't waiting fu?????????????

Topic author
Seburiel
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Seburiel »

I'll wager that the 'update' is long over, and the site as is now, is all it shall be for the forseeable future.
re: my own story, is anyone familiar enough with the process to hazard a guess at what point they go about retrieving your photo and signature for the card? first bit or last?

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

bullitt1 wrote:Saw same thing Sunday. Called Monday, after 45 minute wait reply i got was "we are updating site"
Here it is Thur and still the same.
Ain't waiting fu?????????????
Welcome to the forum.

Setxjeff
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Setxjeff »

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Is this the web site we are discussing? When I check here I show nothing except applying for chl instructor.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

slr001
Posts in topic: 3

Post by slr001 »

Setxjeff wrote:https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/ Is this the web site we are discussing? When I check here I show nothing except applying for chl instructor.
Yes that is the one...

What you see implies that you are in the black hole. Any intermediate info that used to display there is gone (apparently too much work for them to update it).

Now the assumption is when that changes and you can make address changes etc. You have been issued and it is being printed and mailed. You should then see it (if this assumption is true) in 2-60 days depending on how long it takes them to find an envelope (they are busy).

Setxjeff
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Setxjeff »

Thank You.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

infoman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by infoman »

DPS is upgrading the online status page & it will not be completed until July 31.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but here it is.

I do NOT have anything processing right now. I renewed my license a few months ago and this is what I see when I log in:

Maybe you guys can compare notes and figure something out.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”