November 2010 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Fallsraider
Posts in topic: 12

Re: November 2010 Applications

Post by Fallsraider »

well I hate to admit it, but after seeing all these guys get their plastic after 21 days I broke down and called Austin. . . after being on hold for 18 minutes the guy got on the phone and said, "yours has been issued, it's printing now, just watch your mailbox". . . .so, was the waiting to be issued the worst part. . . or waiting on my mailman??? Oh, status on line has never changed or updated at all during the process. I guess the only good part about that was I can now type my drivers license number, social security number and birthdate without even looking at the keys. . .I gotta go check the mail.

NEB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by NEB »

Guess what came in the mailbox today? :woohoo

My timeline looks like this:

10-31-2010: Application completed on-line
11-6-2010: CHL course completed
11-10-2010: L-1 FAST digital prints completed
11-12-2010: Packet with photos, CHL-100, and signature delivered via USPS
12-2-2010: CHL in hand

So, counting the days, it looks like 21 days from delivery of all materials to delivery of license! Considering that's only 15 business days INCLUDING the day it was actually delivered and INCLUDING Thanksgiving holiday, that's a darned good turn around :hurry: :txflag: .

My thoughts go out to those of you still waiting. :waiting:

--NEB

Smallestbodyman

Post by Smallestbodyman »

I finnaly broke down and got ahold of the department. I called Wednesday and was on hold for 20-30 min and gave up so I just shot them an email. When I got home there was a letter in the mail from them. :drool: But no plastic :confused5 I got worried it was something bad because I've already had my app sent back to fill out a missed portion. But it was just a letter saying they recieved my app and I could check the web. It was printed the 19th but not postmarked till the 29th. But I did get a reply on my email and it said my license has been issued and mailed out on 12/02/10. That's today!!!!! :thewave Now just to wait on the mailman. :???: Its getting harder the longer the wait! Glad it's almost over. So Saturday, or Monday wally walk I can do!! I feel like a kid again, getting all excited! I know I know I hear it all the time I still am a kid! Since I'm only 27.

10-16 class taken
10-28 package completely put together finger prints, photos and all
11-13 notice recieved of app incomplete.
11-15 app mailed back to Texas
12-1 letter stating app was recieved.
12-2 email stating lic has been mailed.

MickyD

Post by MickyD »

Got mine yesterday, the DPS website seems to have made an error, it says waiting for submission. :woohoo

Somehow I prefer that they spend their time getting the plastic in the mail instead of keeping the website up to date.

28 days from mailing to Plastic in my wallet :cheers2:
Last edited by MickyD on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey

Online application submitted: 10/16/2010
L-1 Fingerprints: 10/20/2010
Taurus PT640 40S&W: ?/2011
Taurus 24/7 40S&W: 10/20/2010 retired
CHL class: 11/6/2010
Mailed to Austin: 11/8/2010 Rec'd 11/10/2010
CHL received: 12/2/2010 24 days mailout to mailbox

AnthonyTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by AnthonyTX »

Anyone get the error message that you've logged in too many times and try back in 24 hours? :mad5

Waco Kid
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Waco Kid »

AnthonyTX wrote:Anyone get the error message that you've logged in too many times and try back in 24 hours? :mad5
Yup, I just tried - only once, first time since yesterday afternoon (it's been over 24 hours since last attempt) - and it gave me the message again today. I wonder if something's up with their system.

smasraum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by smasraum »

I guess technically, Nov is past. I filled out the app online last week, took the class today at Best Shot Range in Friendswood (500% better than what it was a year ago, new owners, LOTS of improvements!!). The class included photos and fingerprints. I've got everything ready to mail. I'll mail it all on Mon. I'd like to have my plastic for the trip to my mother's in FL in Jan, but I'm not going to hold my breath that things will move quickly over the holidays. Oh well. Now I need to order my holster. I've got an XDM, so I'm already thinking that I'll end up getting something a bit smaller, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I got a 249 (one in the 7 on the 15yard), and missed a question on the written (but didn't really). I was thinking one answer, but instead of putting a b, I put a d (don't know why).
Steve
SA XDM 9
Friendswood

jeffscout
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jeffscout »

New member here, just registered today. I've been lurking for almost 5 years w/o registering and have really enjoyed the forum. How do I know it's been 5 years? I just took my renewal class on 11/20! Anyway, I'm playing the waiting game. I renewed online on 11/16, took the class on 11/20, submitted my barcode and form 100 to DPS on 11/22.

When I log back in to the site as I did moments ago, it doesn't give me any option to check on the status. It only shows options to Apply/Renew or Change Information.

Is that normal?

Painter99

Post by Painter99 »

Yes Jeff that is normal. It will say that until they actually get your info in the system.( 2-3 weeks). On a side note I've had my plastic now for about two weeks and the website still shows fingerprints and BGC still under review.

twolfe

Post by twolfe »

Congrats to everyone who has received their plastic
They have had my packet since 11/8 no status
Updates and no communication from them so I
guess I am officially in limbo....

maldred

Post by maldred »

Like you guys, I sent my packet in on 11/10 and checked the online status every day with no change...I read someones response here who said they emailed and got a response, so I did just that and with in 2 hrs. yesterday they responded back saying my application was processed and the plastic mailed out on 12/2...which means it should be here TODAY!!! (crossing fingers) Yet still need to make a dang decision and buy a gun! ($funds are nice to have as well). Good luck to all still waiting and try emailing the email link at the bottom of the staus page on DPS CHL web site. Worked for me too!

Smoky
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Smoky »

twolfe wrote:Congrats to everyone who has received their plastic
They have had my packet since 11/8 no status
Updates and no communication from them so I
guess I am officially in limbo....

So am I :-(

twolfe

Post by twolfe »

Update: after my last post i decided to give the DPS a call
To check on my status. Called yesterday 12/7. Nice lady answered
and said application was approved that day and it was being sent to
manufacturing and I should receive in seven to ten business days. I said
thanks and hung up. Today 12/8 wife calls me and says guess what you are legal I said what she said my plastic arrived today. Just goes to show the right hand dies not know. What the left is doing. Typical for government agencies. If you are waiting and call for status may want to take it with a grain of salt as to the accuracy.

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 2

Post by maverick2076 »

Mark me off the waiting list. Received my plastic 18 days after it arrived in Austin.

hkusp40
Posts in topic: 6

Post by hkusp40 »

Well new to this forum. I was looking up some information on here last night and so I sent an e-mail to the good old DPS last night. Funny thing, I stated that the status had not changed from "awaiting information...". Today I get a response saying that they needed my full name, SSN, DL, birthday to look up the status which I had already put into that same e-mail, oh well, I did it again. Shortly after I recieved an e-mail stating "At this time a technician is needing to verify that anything found in the background investigation in non disqualifying"... I am confused a little. No record, not even a ticket in over 10 years, military,etc. I sent back an e-mail asking if this was a standard statement but no response yet. Has anyone heard of this??? I saw that a couple of people a while back had this happen but not sure really why. I am from Michigan originally so I thought that might be the reason why but since I have dealt with the goverment for over 19 years nothing should surprise me.

:patriot: God Bless the Troops!!!

Nov 2 or so fill app online
Nov 6 - took course
Nov 8 - Sent packet out cert.
Nov 10 - Rec. at DPS
Dec 8 - found out above status via e-mail
???

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”