january apps

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Guns_n_Vettes
Posts in topic: 10

Re: january apps

Post by Guns_n_Vettes »

Chukis wrote:What exactly is the Wally walk? Everyone states this ion receipt of plastic and I want to make sure I follow suit.
The Wally walk is a rite of passage. Go to Walmart with your CCW and see if anyone notices/says anything. That's my understanding anyway.

Chukis
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Chukis »

Gotcha! Thanks guns-n-vettes. :thumbs2:

Chukis
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Chukis »

Plastic arrived today!

Class 1/27
Mailed 1/28
Arrived 1/30
Background check started 2/19
Background check complete 3/17
Manufacturing pending 3/18
Manufacturing 3/19
Mailed 3/20
Received in hand 3/29/13.

Headed to eat crawfish and Wally walk tonight.
:anamatedbanana :woohoo

Guns_n_Vettes
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Guns_n_Vettes »

Chukis wrote:Plastic arrived today!

Class 1/27
Mailed 1/28
Arrived 1/30
Background check started 2/19
Background check complete 3/17
Manufacturing pending 3/18
Manufacturing 3/19
Mailed 3/20
Received in hand 3/29/13.

Headed to eat crawfish and Wally walk tonight.
:anamatedbanana :woohoo
Congrats :cheers2:

Taurus.40
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Taurus.40 »

Taurus.40 wrote:Mine changed to mailed this morning. I started on 1/23, resubmitted paper work through fax 2 weeks later, and now it's mailed. Right now I'm sitting at 62 days.
The wait is over. It came today and fyi it's postmarked the 27th. It just so happens I need to pick up some things at Wally World. Peace out and good luck to the rest of you.
NRA member

jetdoc101
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jetdoc101 »

I took my CHL course 12 Jan 2013. Texas CHL received all my paperwork on 21 Jan 2013, I just now got my CHL today in the mail. It took 69 days from them receiving the paperwork to me officially having my license in hand.

Bitterclinger
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Bitterclinger »

PUHLAXXTIKS!

Mail main brought the joy today.

:thewave

67 days from online submission.

Here's the run down...

Start:Application Online 18-Jan
CHL Class Finished 19-Jan
Fingerprints 24-Jan
Required Materials Submitted Online 24-Jan
Email Acknowledment of receipt 6-Feb
Background Check (w/fingerprint) 1-Mar
Manufacture Pending 25-Mar
Manufacturing 26-Mar
Mailed 28-Mar
Received 1-Apr

deko123
Posts in topic: 9

Post by deko123 »

CHL received 04/03.Mailed packet in on 1/29.Leaving the waiting room :thewave :txflag: :patriot:

Topic author
liberty2014
Posts in topic: 7

Post by liberty2014 »

Still waiting for a change on status. Mailed my application the first week of january. Jelous of all that have seen plastic this year

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

liberty2014 wrote:Still waiting for a change on status. Mailed my application the first week of january. Jelous of all that have seen plastic this year

I would call this morning at 8am to see whats going on. I did the mail in app also and others that did their app online the same week are getting updates while Im not in the system yet. Have you received your letter from DPS to get your fingerprints done yet?
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

GoatRoper325
Posts in topic: 4

Post by GoatRoper325 »

Here is my timeline - I did not do the online application and waited what seemed like :shock: forever :shock: to finally be in the system and get a letter saying they needed fingerprints.

As of today, still in Background Review. I have nothing in my background so I'm thinking that it's just sheer volume. Others who took the class did their fingerprinting anywhere from a week to two weeks prior to me getting mine done. They have moved from BGR to mailed last week and this week.

I guess I need some encouragement here. :txflag:

CHL Class: January 26
Application mailed: January 28
Check cashed: 2nd week of February
Fingerprints: March 25

Like I said - still in BGR, everything else is complete and green. Just those two lines of yellow at the bottom....... :banghead:

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

GoatRoper325 wrote:Here is my timeline - I did not do the online application and waited what seemed like :shock: forever :shock: to finally be in the system and get a letter saying they needed fingerprints.

As of today, still in Background Review. I have nothing in my background so I'm thinking that it's just sheer volume. Others who took the class did their fingerprinting anywhere from a week to two weeks prior to me getting mine done. They have moved from BGR to mailed last week and this week.

I guess I need some encouragement here. :txflag:

Like I said - still in BGR, everything else is complete and green. Just those two lines of yellow at the bottom....... :banghead:

I did the mail in app also. Going by your timeline they should have me in the system any day now, been 6 weeks since they signed for my app and packet.

How long was it from the time DPS got your app and packet till you were in the system?
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

GoatRoper325

Post by GoatRoper325 »

You should be in soon, I would think. It was close to 7 weeks before I showed up. :waiting:

Wodathunkit
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wodathunkit »

Chukis wrote:What exactly is the Wally walk? Everyone states this ion receipt of plastic and I want to make sure I follow suit.

Rules for your first concealed carry experience:

(taken from another forum)

So you got your CHL.

We assumed that you have already chose a proper holster, mag pouch (or suitable combination of substitutes) and cover garment and played dress-up in front of a mirror a couple of hundred times. But now, it is time to go live in the real world. It is time for you to go to WalMart!

1) You must park your vehicle at least 50 yards from the entrance of a regular WallyWorld (75 yards for a SuperCenter.) As you head for the entrance, you must perform a scan of the area including checking under parked vehicles for BG’s (Bad Guys.) Remember, grandma in an electric wheelchair is not a drive-by threat.

1A). Upon exiting car, surrepititiously adjust sidearm. Now don't touch it again unless your pants are about to fall off. Then tighten your belt

2) You MUST drive the shopping cart. No substitutes are allowed. Negotiating aisles full of screaming kids dropping cans of Chef Boyardee while Mom is on the cell phone and trying the latest Rosie O’Donnell Makeup & Fragrances is a good test of patience and self-control.

3) No quickies! Your stay at WallyWorld must last no less than 45 minutes. You can hang out in automotive and even double check the Rapala lures to see what’s new to kill an allotted rest time of 10 minutes. The rest of the time you must be on the move. An exception is made if you are with your significant other and she goes for the White Sale madness. You must park, wait and be ready to back your mate if things get hairy with the pillow throws or allergenic bedspreads.

4) You are gonna buy stuff so pick items from the top and bottom shelves to test your cover garment. Your mate can assist you and point out any deficiencies. If you are alone and store security or the cops have not arrived by the time you check out, you passed this test.

5) Check out: make sure you choose the busiest register. People will stand in close proximity and you must bear it with patience and avoiding contact. Beware of the people suddenly remembering a forgotten item and sending their mates to fetch it. They usually will brush against you on the way to get it.

6) Meal Time! If your WallyWorld serves Nachos, go ahead and get yourself a big serving of the suckers and wash it down with a Sam’s cola. If McD’s is the choice at the premises, get fries, onion rings, apple pie and a large Coke. ALL MEALS MUST BE CONSUMED ON SITE! No To-Go’s or you will be disqualified.

7) When you leave, repeat the scanning of the parking lot. Remember that now you are also dealing with a shopping cart that rattles like and old train and wants to go right all the time. Do not lose track of your surroundings because of this. If you have a car, open the trunk and introduce all your bags while facing outwards. Pick up Trucks: lower the tailgate and do the same. Keep scanning, you never know where the BG’s might be.

8) REMEMBER: Yellow lights = WallyWorld Security. Red Lights = Cops.

9) - Make test fall on floor in busiest area - near register or anywhere crowded. See if concealment can still be maintained. If you lose that then go back to GO and do NOT collect $200

10) Restroom break (even if you don't have to go), go through the motions, figure out what your going to do with your gun, while sitting on the commode
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

GoatRoper325

Post by GoatRoper325 »

Out of Background Review~!

:anamatedbanana