"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Gnamaree02 »

ssamarron wrote:All in 2/5/16 still no website change still no email conformation still no plastic :banghead: :banghead:
Still waiting I'm in Austin Texas
I would call to confirm they've received your docs. It's been in previous cases that no email meant something is missing.

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

Tannerperkins wrote:
Tannerperkins wrote:
Tannerperkins wrote:Here's my timeline:
Class- 1/04/2016
CHL-100- 1/05/2016
Fingerprints- 1/07/2016
Confirmation- 1/07/2016
Status Change- 03/31/2016
Plastic- 04/02/2016

I'm on day 81 now. 55 business days. Last week I was told I was in the final stage, which I assumed was printing, but that was last Monday and I'm in Austin 10 mins from headquarters. Friends who did the class with me and submitted on the 22nd have had their plastic for 2 weeks almost 3 now. Hopefully this weeks my week... I emailed my state rep last Monday and have yet to get a reply. Guess she's left wing.. Just my luck.

Woke up and checked my status this morning and it finally changed!! 3-31-16
Time to sit at the window and wait for the mail lady like the good ol' days
Plastic Came in the mail Yesterday! Was quite the wait, took 86 days but now its all worth it. Glock 43 finally got to come with me today.
:thewave congrats!

TexBman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by TexBman »

When do the 12 weeks supposedly start, the day you get everything in or email confirmation?

brooklyn
Posts in topic: 30

Post by brooklyn »

TexBman wrote:When do the 12 weeks supposedly start, the day you get everything in or email confirmation?
There is no "official" start. The all in and the email confirmation should be close enough that you can use either. Mine were the same day.

Turban cowboy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Turban cowboy »

Hey does anybody know how to contact DPS? I call the normal line and it keeps saying high call volume after I press 1...I should've got my LTC by now, as stated by DPS three weeks ago. Thank you in advance

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

TexBman wrote:When do the 12 weeks supposedly start, the day you get everything in or email confirmation?
The best idea is to forget you ever submitted the paperwork. Then three months (or so) later you go to the mailbox and get an envelope from DPS... You think, What could this be...? Open it up and LTC!!

The alternative is that you memorize your DL number and enter it into the RSD website with increasing frequency and frustration for those three months... Then you start writing letters to government agencies, then you hit refresh over and over on the website, you come to the waiting room a lot, you start shopping for guns, you start selling guns... You go to the range, you carry in your house so much you think that is the only place that people carry...

Then you start making sarcastic posts about the process...

Patience.

Finally you learn to meditate.

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

meyerch5 wrote:
The best idea is to forget you ever submitted the paperwork. Then three months (or so) later you go to the mailbox and get an envelope from DPS... You think, What could this be...? Open it up and LTC!!

The alternative is that you memorize your DL number and enter it into the RSD website with increasing frequency and frustration for those three months... Then you start writing letters to government agencies, then you hit refresh over and over on the website, you come to the waiting room a lot, you start shopping for guns, you start selling guns... You go to the range, you carry in your house so much you think that is the only place that people carry...

Patience.

meyerch5,

This was by far the best and funniest thing I have read on here since joining a few weeks ago. You probably gave the most accurate description of my life since I've submitted my paperwork. The only thing you left out was carrying in your car and then having to put it away before you go into any kind of establishment. :clapping: :lol::

OfficerBarbrady
Posts in topic: 8

Post by OfficerBarbrady »

I have entered my 12th week of waiting patiently. I want plastic!!
:txflag:

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Interesting story.....

My instructor (who I work with) just told me his parents got their license already. Here is the kicker; they applied and took the class and submitted all their paperwork two weeks after I did.

Good job DPS, y'all are doing a hell of a job. :mad5 :grumble :confused5 :waiting: :roll: :headscratch :banghead: :totap:

meyerch5

Post by meyerch5 »

TeachMan2016 wrote:
meyerch5 wrote:

Patience.

meyerch5,

This was by far the best and funniest thing I have read on here since joining a few weeks ago. You probably gave the most accurate description of my life since I've submitted my paperwork. The only thing you left out was carrying in your car and then having to put it away before you go into any kind of establishment. :clapping: :lol::
Thank you sir! Thanks for passing the time with me.

Zombieguy85
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Zombieguy85 »

Dang it that makes two coworkers getting plastic before me and I applied before them and had everything in.

Still no site change and no plastic :banghead: :mad5

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

TexasSully wrote: I am not sure where your are located, but my status changed last Saturday morning and I had plastic in hand Monday. I am in the Austin area.
Congrats the waiting is nearly over
:thewave
You made the call!

Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RSD email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help:  3/16
Call from DPS:  3/18  (Apparently, the email to state rep did something.  They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite.  If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days.  If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
DPS called me: 3/30 (License has been approved and sent for printing; should arrive in the mail in the next 7-10 days)
Website change:  4/2
LTC in hand:  4/4

Y'all need anything from the Walmart's?

:woohoo
NRA Life Member

meyerch5

Post by meyerch5 »

Dang it. My confirmation date is January 21...

I mean...

Congratulations!

TTplinker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TTplinker »

PLASTIC IN HAND!!! :anamatedbanana :txflag: :fire

90 DAYS Exactly!

I never called, never got a response back from any email, and my status never changed. I do live in Austin.

Last week on the 29th I witnessed DPS saying in the Homeland Security and Public Safty committee meeting that applications were coming in at a rate of 1000 per day.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!
TTplinker wrote:Ok so here is my timeline:
LTC confirmation Dec. 9th
fingerprint processing Dec. 11th
LTC class Jan. 2nd, 2016
Online submissions completed Jan 4th, 2016

Inquiried about status after 10 weeks

Absolutely nothing... So far. :banghead:

meyerch5

Post by meyerch5 »