August 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

The Hop Walla
Posts in topic: 11

Re: August 2011 Applications

Post by The Hop Walla »

FIngerprints completed here, too.
Online Application: 08/08
CHL Class: 08/20
Packet Mailed: 08/22
Fingerprinted: 08/26
First Update: 09/01
Fingerprints/BG under review: 09/02
Fingerprints Complete/BG under review: 09/11
Fingerprints and BG Complete: 09/13
Manufacturing: 09/14
Mailed: 09/16
Plastic in hand: 09/23

bluejay71
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bluejay71 »

I didn't get a chance to check status yesterday, but checked about 9 this morning and my fingerprints were updated today, too. DH's as well. Certainly seems like they batched all of us through. I figured it updated on Saturday since I hadn't checked. Interesting to see that it happened today. It feels like we cleared a major hurdle with the issues some of you have been having with L-1 and DPS receiving your fingerprints. Crossing fingers that we are all mailed out by the end of the week!!

I got the chance to go out of town and do some pistol shooting outside of a range+paper target scenario. I'm pretty happy with my shooting with the M&P9c and Bodyguard 380 and feel comfortable that I would be able to hit at whatever I am aiming with whichever firearm I happen to have on me. It was a good day!

Congrats on all the updates!
CHL since August 2012

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Grapevinebill »

All right, while we are waiting I figured I'd share so pictures of my new addition. She's a real looker isn't she?Image

I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Larrs
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Larrs »

Grapevinebill wrote:All right, while we are waiting I figured I'd share so pictures of my new addition. She's a real looker isn't she?Image

Very Nice!!
It's easier to fool people, than to convince them they have been fooled -- Mark Twain

bluejay71
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bluejay71 »

Congrats on your new addition. She's beautiful and I know how proud you feel right now! Now, if only you could take her out and *hide* her from the world!
CHL since August 2012

jdxd45
Posts in topic: 18

Post by jdxd45 »

Just got off the phone with a CSR at DPS and she told me since it has been over two weeks since my CHL was mailed she would report them as lost and have them reprinted and mailed and I should receive them in 7 to 14 days. :grumble :confused5

They send all CHL out in Bulk mail which I know is slower but stil should only take about 5 days. At this rate it could take 4 to 6 weeks. Unexceptable. :rules: :bigmouth Thanx TX_DM. I guess they will arive one day?
Last edited by jdxd45 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
Tx_XDm
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Tx_XDm »

That freaking bites jdxd45. How did yo mail it, priority over night etc. If so they can trace it.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

I have been keeping a close eye on the DPS web site to make sure I have an hourly update :rules: and somethign just came to mind that I hope someone here has seen and can give me the straight scoop on.

My current status is background check under review and everything is green up to that point on the check list except the very first line which is still yellow. That shows "Application received, but it is yellow. Also the bottom line shows CHL, print pending completion of application review and is marked yellow.

Is this normal for the process? Everything seems to be moving along pretty quick so I'm not complaining about the timing, just wondering why the application line is still yellow.
:txflag:
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Topic author
Tx_XDm
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Tx_XDm »

Grapevinebill wrote:I have been keeping a close eye on the DPS web site to make sure I have an hourly update :rules: and somethign just came to mind that I hope someone here has seen and can give me the straight scoop on.

My current status is background check under review and everything is green up to that point on the check list except the very first line which is still yellow. That shows "Application received, but it is yellow. Also the bottom line shows CHL, print pending completion of application review and is marked yellow.

Is this normal for the process? Everything seems to be moving along pretty quick so I'm not complaining about the timing, just wondering why the application line is still yellow.
:txflag:

It is normal.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

Thanx TX. Im really hoping I stay on the fast track here. My background check started Friday and I am hoping to see it complete this week. If that happens I could see plastic by the 23rd the soonest. that would be less than a month from mailbox to mailbox...

Cool Arrow
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Cool Arrow »

I called the DPS this morning and he said they have my prints and they are good to go, and that it would be a couple of weeks for the back ground check to be completed. He said I fix it right now and said thank you and bye. So if things go as I expect I might have an update tomorrow morning, if not I will call again and ask more questions.

Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

Any explanation given for the 2 week wait on BG check?

Cool Arrow
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Cool Arrow »

No I guess it is an average reply so folks can expect to wait. Most I have seen here are faster than that.

John Creasy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Creasy »

Online renewal done 8/29/11 no class required.
Fingerprints complete 9/11/11
Background check under review

Larrs
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Larrs »

Called DPS, 3 - 6 weeks for review, no explanation. I must have reached the wrong person or I didn't know what to ask....ugh. This is like waiting for Christmas for a 5 year old.
It's easier to fool people, than to convince them they have been fooled -- Mark Twain

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”