May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jasday
Posts in topic: 14

Re: May 2014

Post by jasday »

Well I'm still waiting. I'm on day 54 :banghead:. Looks like if I waited a few more weeks, it would be done. I have seen other with the same submission date as mine that have gotten positive feedback from the state about changes. It looks like nothing will be done with the website as far as updates. Now just to harass the mailman every chance I get. Hopefully it'll be here before the end of the month as we should be closing on the new house.
jasday

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Pluto »

jasday wrote:Well I'm still waiting. I'm on day 54 :banghead:. Looks like if I waited a few more weeks, it would be done. I have seen other with the same submission date as mine that have gotten positive feedback from the state about changes. It looks like nothing will be done with the website as far as updates. Now just to harass the mailman every chance I get. Hopefully it'll be here before the end of the month as we should be closing on the new house.
I suggest you make a habit out of calling the state. They want to take updates down? That's fine I'll just give a friendly call 3 times a week.

infoman
Posts in topic: 11

Post by infoman »

Gee thanks, more hold times for the rest of the people calling. Very considerate.

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Pluto »

infoman wrote:Gee thanks, more hold times for the rest of the people calling. Very considerate.
I have never waited over 15 minutes and I have called 5 times in about 60 days. Secondly, do you really think I'm the only one doing that? I really doubt that. Third, I'm under background check so hopefully it won't be long.

treymac
Posts in topic: 11

Post by treymac »

Infoman, are you currently waiting on you chl?
class+ app - 5/3/14
fingerprinted - 5/6
sub'd papers via USPS- 5/7
rec'd by TXDPS - 5/13
re-sub'd via email - 6/20
Rec. conf. - 6/23
Called TXDPS - 7/3
Emailed state rep - 7/4
Called, told it mailed - 7/10
In the mailbox- 7/11

CWI
NRA life member

slr001
Posts in topic: 34

Post by slr001 »

slr001 wrote:Well, I got an interesting phone call today from Austin.

I am at the 60+day mark. Have called a few times and always gotten a different story. Yesterday I was told my application was missing the paperwork. I know many here get the same thing and resend. But I challenged her and told her it was sent electronically and they absolutely do have it. She put me on hold and 20 seconds later miraculously rustled up my paperwork. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was hung up on.

Today, I contacted my State Representative and Senators offices via email. This was the 2nd email to both offices. I let them know this was my second attempt to seek help from their office. I gave a short description of my problem, and the run around. about an hour after sending, I get a call from Austin. It was Ms. Caballero, she, or her office is who sends out the confirmation email when you send in your documents. She left me a very nice voicemail, letting me know they had my app and all my paperwork. It was being actively worked on and would be finished in the next few days (outside of any issues) and definitely done by the end of the week. She left me here direct phone number (and no I won't give it out) and I called her back and thanked her for the update.

So, was this a result of asking to speak to a supervisor? Or a result of contacting my local representatives? I assume the latter.

We will see if I get my plastic sometime next week.
Received this email this morning.

"Your CHL application was completed and moved to printing and mailing. Please allow up to 5-10 business days for delivery."

Topic author
jasday

Post by jasday »

Nice! When did you do your app? At least they are giving some kind of update.
jasday

chlhouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chlhouston »

[quote="slr001

Received this email this morning.

"Your CHL application was completed and moved to printing and mailing. Please allow up to 5-10 business days for delivery."[/quote]

Lucky I hadn't received that email and mine was mailed last week. I went back and double checked all my email and nothing.

slr001
Posts in topic: 34

Post by slr001 »

jasday wrote:Nice! When did you do your app? At least they are giving some kind of update.
App was on 5/2...

They are only giving me an update because I contacted my State Reps twice. They called last week to tell me it was being worked on. Offered to call when it was completed, but I told them an email instead of a call was fine. So was glad to see them follow up as promised with an email.

Mattcapital14
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Mattcapital14 »

New to the forum... Just got a call back (finally) from a lady with DPS that wanted to be rude so bad but I think I was just too nice. She actually told me she could not confirm that all of my documents have been submitted because it has not been eight weeks yet. After continuing to ask about all my docs she said that everything "should be ok" but I really needed to wait till the 8 week mark.

Application 5/18
Fingerprints 5/20
CHL class 6/8
All documents received email 6/9
No status available 7/7

Topic author
jasday

Post by jasday »

Gotcha, that's good to know Sir, thank you. I'll wait my 50 days (what's another couple days) and I'll start mailing and calling my district rep. Did the website change for you, or is it the same thing that they updated it recently to?

Well check that, just counted the actual,days everything was submitted, today is day 60.
jasday

Chetter818
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Chetter818 »

my status page now also gives me the options to change address, report lost or stolen and so forth so hopefully that means it is in the mail
" Nothin To It But To Do It"

Chet

Topic author
jasday

Post by jasday »

If you are in Fort Worth and in District 93 with Rep Krause, give him an email. I've been emailing back and forth with his district manager all day who assured me that Rep Krause will do his best to get a inquiry into the department to help those of us who have been waiting. They seem to be very pro 2A and supporters of CHL. :txflag:
jasday

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

Mattcapital14 wrote:New to the forum... Just got a call back (finally) from a lady with DPS that wanted to be rude so bad but I think I was just too nice. She actually told me she could not confirm that all of my documents have been submitted because it has not been eight weeks yet. After continuing to ask about all my docs she said that everything "should be ok" but I really needed to wait till the 8 week mark.

Application 5/18
Fingerprints 5/20
CHL class 6/8
All documents received email 6/9
No status available 7/7
Welcome to the forum.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 12

Post by TVGuy »

Both my wife and I submitted final paperwork that was received by DPS on 5/14. Her status changed this morning to the "options menu", I'm still on the mostly blank page. Right on that 50-60 day timeframe.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”