August 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jdxd45
Posts in topic: 18

Re: August 2011 Applications

Post by jdxd45 »

Yea I think they are lost somewhere out there just drifting from place to place looking for my home. Two weeks is a long time even for bulk mail. :headscratch

Topic author
Tx_XDm
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Tx_XDm »

I don't think we will see any status changes or updates until after 9/11. Just a hunch.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

chlag01
Posts in topic: 39

Post by chlag01 »

Great weather here in Colorado! AFAIK, my house is still standing. I know of fires both N and W. I'm not looking forward to returning home to smoke-filled air.

Congrats Cat Lady.

TX_XDm, have you called DPS yet? I'm really surprised your FP are still under review. Maybe they had transfer problems from L1.
CHL since 08/31/2011
XDm Compact 3.8" 9mm in Comp-Tac MTAC holster
TSRA Member

Topic author
Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

Sounds like you are having a good time. I hope your property is safe. No have not called DPS recently. They actually said they had them when I called after my additional info was delivered to check on finger print status.

EDIT: You were right chlag01. I broke down and called. This time they stated that they did not have my finger prints. They wanted my TCN number which I did not have since I am at the fire station and copies of my paper work are locked up in the safe at home. :shock: I informed him that I had put a copy of the L1 form in my packet of info that I sent to them. He called data entry and they are looking for my paper work to get TCN number and are suppose to call me back ( Ha good one) "rlol" I will call back Monday and wait 30 more min on hold and give them TCN. You guys might want to check on your finger print status.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

pogiboi
Posts in topic: 25

Post by pogiboi »

So I just called and the guy seemed confident that they have received everything they need. I asked him to double check my fingerprints and he said they had them. My status is exactly like tx_xdm's, no change in a while. Guess we will see what happens.....
8/12/11 CHL Class
8/12/11 Online App
8/16/11 L-1 Fingerprints
8/16/11 Packet Mailed
8/17/11 Delivered
8/24/11 First Update! FP and BG Under Review
9/11/11 FP Complete,BG Still Under Review
9/13/11 BG Complete, Manufacturing Pending
9/14/11 Manufacturing
9/16/11 Mailed
9/22/11 Plastic

Topic author
Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

Edit #2: I was able to get my TCN # so I called DPS back to give it to them. Talked to a different rep this time, and boy was she abrasive border line on rude. I was very cordial and respectful to her. I explained to her that I was calling back to give them my TCN # due to the conversation I had with the rep earlier this morning. She took my DL # and pulled up my file. She said that they had my finger prints (received them on 8-15-11 the same day I was printed) along with everything else that I sent them ( which arrived on the 8-17-2011). :shock: She looked through and verified my info and informed me they were still waiting on my background check. She assured me that everything was in order. She also mentioned that there was no notation from the call this morning or the previous call to verify that they received my finger prints before the first update. I thanked her and wished her a great weekend. I am digging in for the full 60 day ride on this one. I guess we will see what happens. :headscratch

Tx_XDm wrote:Sounds like you are having a good time. I hope your property is safe. No have not called DPS recently. They actually said they had them when I called after my additional info was delivered to check on finger print status.

EDIT: You were right chlag01. I broke down and called. This time they stated that they did not have my finger prints. They wanted my TCN number which I did not have since I am at the fire station and copies of my paper work are locked up in the safe at home. :shock: I informed him that I had put a copy of the L1 form in my packet of info that I sent to them. He called data entry and they are looking for my paper work to get TCN number and are suppose to call me back ( Ha good one) "rlol" I will call back Monday and wait 30 more min on hold and give them TCN. You guys might want to check on your finger print status.
Last edited by Tx_XDm on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Z8442
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Z8442 »

Just got off the phone with dps as well. I am definitely in for the 60 days too.
CHL since 09/23/11
56 days total

Topic author
Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

Z8442 wrote:Just got off the phone with dps as well. I am definitely in for the 60 days too.
What is going on with yours Z8442?
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Cool Arrow
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Cool Arrow »

Well after reading the last few posts I called the dps. After I waited for about thirty minutes, the lady said she couldn't find my application. After I awoke from fainting, I told here that I had already been updated in the system and when I called a few weeks ago the gentleman pullednup my file right away. She asked me what I was inquiring about and I told her my chl and she said "oh Thad a whole other department" :roll: then she transferred me and I got a message that they could not ansewnmy call right now. I guess I am just going to have to lose hope on getting it quick. Tx xdm I might have gotten that same girl you did. She kind of had an attitude.

Z8442
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Z8442 »

Tx_XDm wrote:
Z8442 wrote:Just got off the phone with dps as well. I am definitely in for the 60 days too.
What is going on with yours Z8442?
Same thing as you. Still waiting on my background check. It's been over 30 days at that stage. My lady had an attitude as well.
CHL since 09/23/11
56 days total

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Grapevinebill »

Well I guess I qualify for the August group... I mailed my packet to Austin on the 31st. As of today my status was updated and background check is under review. I've been looking at a couple of posts and I'm seeing 4 days to 4 weeks for the background check... Whats up with that?
:txflag:
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Cool Arrow
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Cool Arrow »

Welcome to the waiting room Bill. Pull up a comfy chair and kick up your heels.

Topic author
Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

Cool Arrow wrote:Well after reading the last few posts I called the dps. After I waited for about thirty minutes, the lady said she couldn't find my application. After I awoke from fainting, I told here that I had already been updated in the system and when I called a few weeks ago the gentleman pullednup my file right away. She asked me what I was inquiring about and I told her my chl and she said "oh Thad a whole other department" :roll: then she transferred me and I got a message that they could not ansewnmy call right now. I guess I am just going to have to lose hope on getting it quick. Tx xdm I might have gotten that same girl you did. She kind of had an attitude.

Pull up a seat friends we are going to be here a while.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

Grapevinebill wrote:Well I guess I qualify for the August group... I mailed my packet to Austin on the 31st. As of today my status was updated and background check is under review. I've been looking at a couple of posts and I'm seeing 4 days to 4 weeks for the background check... Whats up with that?
There is really no rhyme or reason to it you will just have to pull up a seat with us and see what shakes out.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Grapevinebill »

And what's up with all the BG checks that started on the 24th? Did they hold them all together and send them out at one time?
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”