May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Re: May 2014

Post by CoolBreeze »

tkennemer wrote:My husband and I FINALLY got ours in the mail yesterday. Here's our timeline:

4/30 - Mailed all required documents
5/2 - Documents received by DPS (I opted for delivery receipt so I would know when they received it)
6/16 - Called DPS to check status; told that we weren't in the system and to call back in two weeks
6/25 - Checked online and status changed to "mailed"
7/2 - Received CHL's

Received licenses exactly 60 days from when they received our documents. From the time in mid-April when we submitted and paid for our applications online, the status never changed from "Application processed online"...until 6/25. A very frustrating ride to say the least, but we have them now. Yay!
Congrats!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

jeffdick
Posts in topic: 26

Post by jeffdick »

Talked with Danial in the CHL Dept. Very friendly and helpful. Actually confirmed they had all my require documents and that they just have not been entered yet. Said that everything should be complete in 2-3 weeks. Submitted all required documents on 5/19
Submitted all documets - 5/19

Chetter818
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Chetter818 »

online app 4/16
submitted all other paperwork on 5/5 via usps
signed and picked up on 5/8 by DPS.
First status change came 6/19 in which showed fingerprints under review and background. stayed that way until website no longer shows status. called this morning and no ETA on when website will be back if ever and was told mine is printing and should have it in my hand in 1-2 weeks. We will see ill believe it when it happens.
" Nothin To It But To Do It"

Chet

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Chetter818 wrote:online app 4/16
submitted all other paperwork on 5/5 via usps
signed and picked up on 5/8 by DPS.
First status change came 6/19 in which showed fingerprints under review and background. stayed that way until website no longer shows status. called this morning and no ETA on when website will be back if ever and was told mine is printing and should have it in my hand in 1-2 weeks. We will see ill believe it when it happens.
Congrats! Hopefully you will have it soon!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

Chetter818
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Chetter818 »

thank you. like i said i will believe it when i see it . just want to not get my hopes up in case that is their new canned response. If it is true hopefully my new alien gear holster 2.0 comes in before the licence which i doubt will happen because i was expecting a much longer wait time.
" Nothin To It But To Do It"

Chet

Reddog1
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Reddog1 »

Reddog1 wrote:
Sent via email through the DPSS site from the Contact Us tab my
1. Bar code application
2. Fingerprint confirmation through F.A.S.T.
3. DD214
4. UPIN
5. CHL-100
All documents sent .pdf online through the Contact Us tab. May 2nd 2014

Received license today! July 3rd!

Thanks to all that made the wait less frustrating!

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 26

Post by mtnthundr2 »

Reddog1 wrote:Reddog1 wrote:

Received license today! July 3rd!

Thanks to all that made the wait less frustrating!
Congratulations Reddog1 ! I agree with you that having this forum thread did make the wait a little less frustrating ;-)

Have you decided where your first carry will be? My husband is still waiting on his license, I'm going to wait for him to get his so we can take that first walk together :cheers2: (mine came a week ago).
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Pluto »

Ok..so after talking to my state representative yesterday, I decided to call the state today. I figured what do I have to lose right? Well I talked to a very kind lady who actually took the time to look up my information and I was told that my background check is now pending. She asked if I had any arrests and I told her about my DWI reduced Reckless Driving back in May of 2006. She asked if I had sent in disposition papers and I told her no because the state never asked for them, but the application did and I filled out all of the info to the best of my knowledge. She told me that if that's the only arrest I've had that it wouldn't affect me and I should be seeing my license within the next 10-15 days. I sure hope she's right. I will say it was a big relief that they've had all of my paperwork and everything has looked good this far. The wait, continues....

Reddog1
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Reddog1 »

Took my first walk at "Academy Sports". Ruger LC9 w/ Uncle Mike IWB holster. Definitely need to purchase a better quality holster as it constantly shifted. I'm thinking that I may need to start that "holster drawer" I read about. Hopefully I get lucky as quality holsters are pricey! Like $75! Thanks for asking Mtnthundr2!

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Pluto »

Reddog1 wrote:Took my first walk at "Academy Sports". Ruger LC9 w/ Uncle Mike IWB holster. Definitely need to purchase a better quality holster as it constantly shifted. I'm thinking that I may need to start that "holster drawer" I read about. Hopefully I get lucky as quality holsters are pricey! Like $75! Thanks for asking Mtnthundr2!
I know a belt would help those shifting issues. I did buy a crossbreed super tuck and it is very planted. I knew from the moment I put it on that I would have no problems carrying. Since I haven't received my license yet I haven't carried in public, but I've left it on in the house for several hours walking around doing things and it has stayed planted no matter what I'm doing. I haven't paired it with a belt and don't really plan to at the moment.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Reddog1 wrote:Took my first walk at "Academy Sports". Ruger LC9 w/ Uncle Mike IWB holster. Definitely need to purchase a better quality holster as it constantly shifted. I'm thinking that I may need to start that "holster drawer" I read about. Hopefully I get lucky as quality holsters are pricey! Like $75! Thanks for asking Mtnthundr2!
Check out the Alien Gear IWB holsters. $35

treymac
Posts in topic: 11

Post by treymac »

So… I called the state yesterday. After getting a message the first couple tries saying, they're busy, try again, I finally got through, ( after a 25 minute hold time). The guy asked when I submitted my docs, I told him 5/13/14 is the receipt recieved date by txdps, and I also uploaded a couple weeks ago. He then asked if I recieved a confirmation that they recieved the documents, I told him yes, (although it was a canned response). I was then told, no information has been entered into the system, but if I recieved the confirmation letter, then they have my paper work. Then told not to try to contact them for an update for another two weeks. :banghead: guess I need to contact my state rep as well. :grumble

:patriot: happy 4th of July everyone! :patriot:
class+ app - 5/3/14
fingerprinted - 5/6
sub'd papers via USPS- 5/7
rec'd by TXDPS - 5/13
re-sub'd via email - 6/20
Rec. conf. - 6/23
Called TXDPS - 7/3
Emailed state rep - 7/4
Called, told it mailed - 7/10
In the mailbox- 7/11

CWI
NRA life member

infoman

Post by infoman »

You're at 53 days as on July 4th, just correcting your math.

treymac

Post by treymac »

Actually from 5/3/14 to 7/4/14 is one day short of 9 weeks (9 weeks x 7 days per week = 63 days). Coming to 62 calendar days total. But, Since it was afternoon when I submitted application, I did not count that day. Therefore, from day of application day to today = 61 days. But I appreciate you trying to correct me. Now if you want to count from the day they received my documents, then it's 51 days from 5/13/14. Just correcting your math.
class+ app - 5/3/14
fingerprinted - 5/6
sub'd papers via USPS- 5/7
rec'd by TXDPS - 5/13
re-sub'd via email - 6/20
Rec. conf. - 6/23
Called TXDPS - 7/3
Emailed state rep - 7/4
Called, told it mailed - 7/10
In the mailbox- 7/11

CWI
NRA life member