November 2010 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Smallestbodyman
Posts in topic: 5

Re: November 2010 Applications

Post by Smallestbodyman »

Congrats utmacguy. I'm still waiting. Today's a month on mailing it off. Status still says finger prints pending and background pending. But it's said that for a few weeks now. So it could be any day, I'm Just hoping sometime the first of the month.

NEB

Post by NEB »

Wow, UTMacGuy! Congrats. Using your timeline as an example, I should receive my plastic in 4 days :anamatedbanana (my packet was delivered on the 12th). Hmmm....I don't think holding my breath would be wise as I very likely will pass out. :shock: :rolll

With the holidays and everything, I'm fully expecting to wait until a new year begins to get my plastic. :grumble Of course, that sets me up nicely to be pleasantly suprised if it comes before then. :thumbs2:

--NEB

MickyD

Post by MickyD »

UTMacGuy wrote:For all those waiting, I just received my plastic in the mail today after 21 days. I checked earlier in the day and my status was the same as it has been for the last 21 days - just the paragraph about DPS waiting to receive all my items.

I did the online application, electronic fingerprints, took the CHL class, then submitted all the last items to the DPS office here in Austin personally since I didn't want my packet to get lost in the mail. Not sure if that helped my application get approved faster or not.

Looking forward to contributing to the discussion and thanks to all those that have already posted - I find this forum very helpful since I'm new to CHL.
hmmm seems that the lack of online update is meaningless, perhaps they just update the site when there are exceptions in the processing of the license. I sent my package certified mail, and it was received 2 days after yours was delivered. I might expect to see my plastic sometime this week.

I finally discovered a way to not check the DPS website every day. The 4 day weekend gave me a break from that routine :woohoo
Mickey

Online application submitted: 10/16/2010
L-1 Fingerprints: 10/20/2010
Taurus PT640 40S&W: ?/2011
Taurus 24/7 40S&W: 10/20/2010 retired
CHL class: 11/6/2010
Mailed to Austin: 11/8/2010 Rec'd 11/10/2010
CHL received: 12/2/2010 24 days mailout to mailbox

Topic author
ex_dsmr

Post by ex_dsmr »

Hmm, well thats reassuring about the lack of updates. I mailed mine off on the 8th so Austin probably got it no later than the 12th. Although even if it gets here before Christmas ive got nothing to carry in (wife bought me a Kholster).

UTMacGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by UTMacGuy »

Just for kicks, I checked this morning and sure enough: "License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page. "

For everyone waiting, might be better just to keep an eye out for the mailman. It's a nice feeling once you do get it! :anamatedbanana
SIG P320 Carry, CZ P07, M1 Carbine, SIG522, CZ75 owner
11/29/10 Plastic in Hand - 21 days

Smoky
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Smoky »

Tomorrow it will be 21 days since they have received my documents. Let's see if it works for me :-) However as of today there is no update for my application.

Congrats to all, who is not waiting any longer :-)

Fallsraider
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Fallsraider »

22 Days today. . . no updates and nothing from the mailman. . . interesting though, I called Austin to make sure they had it since there are no updates on the website. They were very nice on the phone and said they did receive it on the 9th and it is in the their system, "but sir, it's going to be at least 60 days". . . .hmmmmm. . . she didn't tell me at what point in the system my application was and I never expected to get it in 21 days, but I did expect to be able to occassionally see the status on line during the wait. . .I'm just gonna check it on Tuesdays from now on and I'll call again on the 61st day to see how it's going. . .

Topic author
ex_dsmr

Post by ex_dsmr »

Well the wife got home and danced around saying "Ive got something youll like!" then started digging around in her purse. I figured she had some candy or something.

NOPE! Out came an envelope and I knew who it was from? Before I did the happy dance I "tested" the card for plastic, I wanted to make sure that it wasnt a letter requesting more info. I felt a reassuring stiffness and then proceeded to tear the envelope open like a kid opening presents on Christmas morning.

And so therefore ladies and gentlemen, I have finally received my plastic! A quick check on the CHL website says that its still "waiting for bla bla bla"

11/8 packet mailed
11/29 plastic received (wife found it in the mail yesterday evening)

21 days and no updates. So those waiting with no update....take heart! It will come!

Now my next hurdle is how to carry from now till Christmas. Y'see, my wonderful wife bought me a Kholster as one of my gifts, and she is refusing to budge and let me have it early.

Carry on :patriot: :txflag:

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

Congratulations!

Tell us where you're located and what weapon you need a holster for. Someone on here might be willing to loan you one.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

AnthonyTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by AnthonyTX »

Were you guys online or mail submissions?

21 days is kind of quick :(

I submitted 2 weeks before my birthday... I hope I didnt end up shorting myself a whole year.

NEB

Post by NEB »

Wow, 21 days IS quick. I know for a fact that my packet was delivered on November 12th, my application was posted on line several weeks prior to that, digital prints, etc, etc. So....maybe I'll find something in the mail soon?? :waiting: :cryin

--NEB

Fallsraider
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Fallsraider »

Congrats ex_dsmr. . . that is awesome for you! :clapping: They have had mine since November 9th. . . now I have to go home and check the mailbox at lunch every day!

hammondc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by hammondc »

Wow...21 days huh? Congrats on that. I mailed my packet back on Nov 22 from San Antonio and USPS's sorry tracking system still does not show it delivered, even though I paid for delivery confirmation.

Edit...I called and they received my packet on Nov 29. Not sure why it took a week to go 60 miles. Even with the holiday.

Topic author
ex_dsmr

Post by ex_dsmr »

To shed a little more light (though each application will probably have a unique experience)

I completed my application online
Fingerprints were done through L1
Both of those were completed before I sent off my packet with the rest of my stuff (photos, supporting documents, etc) on the 8th.

Im near Cleburne and I did not use confirmation but id reckon a guess that it got to Austin on the 11th or 12th.

As for my carry situation, I think I might pop on over to CTD in Fort Worth and pick up a Ace IWB. Right now its jacket weather so I think it will suffice.

Smoky
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Smoky »

OK. Magic 21 did not work for me. However there is some development in processing. I have received a reply for my enquiry sent 14 days ago asking whether my docs were received or not. The email says that they are currently waiting for background completion. However the status still did not change :-(

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”