May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Re: May 2014

Post by Pluto »

tpynes wrote:Mine is in the mail....3 days after they said it might take 6 weeks....so they may just get it to me under 60 days....July 4 is 60 days.
July 10th is 60 days for me so I'm hoping they have mine processed by then, but so far no updates. I get the feeling I'm going to be one of those 90-120 day guys

Reddog1
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Reddog1 »

Reddog1 wrote:Background Check Under Review. At the 60 day mark, July 2, I'll call DPS. They have my UPIN and thats a background check in a half! Waiting is a drag.
DPS site says "Manufacturing Pending" any day now! All at just under 60 days. I'll get the exact number once plastic is in hand.

kebn51
Posts in topic: 27

Post by kebn51 »

Woohoo!!! 56 days and finally received an update! My wife's background check is under review and my license is being manufactured.
04/26/2014 Class/Registration/Received Checklist
05/01-02/2014 Fingerprints-Mailed Entire Packet
06/27/2014 Update Change - Mailed
07/06/2014 License in hand

jmra
Posts in topic: 42

Post by jmra »

kebn51 wrote:Woohoo!!! 56 days and finally received an update! My wife's background check is under review and my license is being manufactured.
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 26

Post by mtnthundr2 »

Congratulations Reddog1 and kebn51, I'll never forget that feeling of elation when I logged in to check the status and saw "manufacture pending", I couldn't stop smiling, I know you must be so thrilled after such a long wait!
(I almost feel guilty being so excited that I got mine because my husbands is still "under review".....hahaha ......NOT "rlol" )
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

treymac
Posts in topic: 11

Post by treymac »

Day 45, and nothing has changed. I've emailed only to receive canned responses. Frustrating. :banghead:
class+ app - 5/3/14
fingerprinted - 5/6
sub'd papers via USPS- 5/7
rec'd by TXDPS - 5/13
re-sub'd via email - 6/20
Rec. conf. - 6/23
Called TXDPS - 7/3
Emailed state rep - 7/4
Called, told it mailed - 7/10
In the mailbox- 7/11

CWI
NRA life member

Chetter818
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Chetter818 »

Treymac,
You should actually feel really good about t hat cause getting a response period from them is like pulling teeth. I have a total of 13 unanswered emails.
" Nothin To It But To Do It"

Chet

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

I am just really hoping to have some kind of update by next week...I see a lot of people getting them in the 50 day marks and Monday-Friday would be days 50-55...I really wish I could have this thing in hand already

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

I know it is a different department but these are the same people who do our drivers licenses. I just renewed online and my license arrived in about 4 days. How can they be so efficient with that process but so deficient in this one?
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

CoolBreeze wrote:I know it is a different department but these are the same people who do our drivers licenses. I just renewed online and my license arrived in about 4 days. How can they be so efficient with that process but so deficient in this one?
The only thing I can think of, is there isn't so many factors like background checks, forms, fingerprints, etc. Especially on a renewal they have all of that information already.

jmra
Posts in topic: 42

Post by jmra »

Pluto wrote:
CoolBreeze wrote:I know it is a different department but these are the same people who do our drivers licenses. I just renewed online and my license arrived in about 4 days. How can they be so efficient with that process but so deficient in this one?
The only thing I can think of, is there isn't so many factors like background checks, forms, fingerprints, etc. Especially on a renewal they have all of that information already.
I don't think people realize how extensive the background check is. I always assumed that it was a very quick computer check but from what I've read on the forum it is much more. Sometimes it even involves DPS sending investigators out into the field, other times it's spending time on the phone with local PDs for every location a person has lived. This is a much different process than getting a DL.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

kebn51

Post by kebn51 »

kebn51 wrote:Woohoo!!! 56 days and finally received an update! My wife's background check is under review and my license is being manufactured.
My status has now changed to mailed. Looks like I may have license in hand this time next week. It's nice getting a second update so soon. Yesterday, the first and today the second. It's like pulling teeth to get an update! Literally! I was waiting 56 days and I had to go to the dentist to get my wisdom teeth out (been putting it of go over 20 years) and I was sitting in the waiting room and decided to check my status even though I checked it about an hour before. And that's when I got the update.

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

kebn51 wrote:
My status has now changed to mailed. Looks like I may have license in hand this time next week. It's nice getting a second update so soon. Yesterday, the first and today the second. It's like pulling teeth to get an update! Literally! I was waiting 56 days and I had to go to the dentist to get my wisdom teeth out (been putting it of go over 20 years) and I was sitting in the waiting room and decided to check my status even though I checked it about an hour before. And that's when I got the update.
What time was that at? Or around?

kebn51

Post by kebn51 »

Pluto wrote:
kebn51 wrote:
What time was that at? Or around?
Yesterday was around 8:50AM
Today 8:15 (this could've changed yesterday)

Although my wife's hasn't changed from (Background Check: Under Review).

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 26

Post by mtnthundr2 »

kebn51 wrote:
Well THAT good news must have softened the dread of tooth pulling! Congratulations!!

I got my last status update on June 21 that said "mailed" so I expected to see it Monday or Tuesday but it didn't come til Thursday .....I checked the postmark and it didn't actually mail until 6-24-14.......it sure was a long wait from 'mailed' to 'received', lol ;-) Just know that the status update that says 'mailed' might not actually be the date it was mailed, I was getting worried that mine might have gotten lost in the mail.

mrs mtnthundr2
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”