"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by GlassG19 »

My timeline is,
12/4 sent online app in
12/10 sent CHL-100 in, then the wait begins until
12/17 scheduled fingerprinting, then the real wait begins. :cryin
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

TheRustyShackleford
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TheRustyShackleford »

twjones wrote:Yeah I give up... today is 30 days since I've submitted my application. The only time I've ever been in a court was to serve on a jury.

Called today and the lady said they haven't even started on it.

Whatever.
Same here, I called earlier this week and was told they had everything but hadn't started on it yet. I used to work for the DPS, I'm glad our office wasn't as half assed as the regulatory division seems to be.
shi-shi-sha...

Breny414
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Breny414 »

TheRustyShackleford wrote:
twjones wrote:Yeah I give up... today is 30 days since I've submitted my application. The only time I've ever been in a court was to serve on a jury.

Whatever.
Same here, I called earlier this week and was told they had everything but hadn't started on it yet. I used to work for the DPS, I'm glad our office wasn't as half assed as the regulatory division seems to be.
I've seen others on this thread say the same thing, "called and said they haven't started," only to say a couple of days later that their status had changed on the website, or that they got their plastic in the mail.

In any event, they are going to do their due diligence and hopefully get it to us in a timely manner.

FYI, I submitted all documents on 11/24 - with confirmation email the same day.

rrrrDPS!!

Post by rrrrDPS!! »

FINALLY. ALMOST THE FULL 60 DAYS. Called today around 9. I was approved From Oct. 22 till today. With record. FYI website has not changed.

Rmartinez37
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Rmartinez37 »

Almost 60 days for me as well, I call this morning and they said I was approved an hour ago and that it will be going to print, should have it next week
:woohoo :hurry: :woohoo

rrrrDPS!!

Post by rrrrDPS!! »

Rmartinez37 wrote:Almost 60 days for me as well, I call this morning and they said I was approved an hour ago and that it will be going to print, should have it next week
sweet! It must have been our last name. we are now one of these vatos :fire .

TheRustyShackleford

Breny414 wrote:

Whatever.
I've seen others on this thread say the same thing, "called and said they haven't started," only to say a couple of days later that their status had changed on the website, or that they got their plastic in the mail.

In any event, they are going to do their due diligence and hopefully get it to us in a timely manner.

FYI, I submitted all documents on 11/24 - with confirmation email the same day.
At 60 days we're looking at mid-January, mine was accepted and email sent on 11/16.
shi-shi-sha...

Breny414

Post by Breny414 »

Probably mid January, for me at least. My document date is November 24 (Thanksgiving Week), so I'm sure that week doesn't count. Might as well cross out the Christmas week, too. Since I work for the state of Texas, I know that many take the whole week off because we are granted Thursday and Friday this year. same goes for the week of New Years.... :waiting:

I was hoping to get the LTC before January 1 so that I could do the Wally Walk while enjoying the show of the OC folks doing their walks.

I do check the website everyday at this point.

Rmartinez37
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Rmartinez37 »

rrrrDPS!! wrote:
Rmartinez37 wrote:Almost 60 days for me as well, I call this morning and they said I was approved an hour ago and that it will be going to print, should have it next week
sweet! It must have been our last name. we are now one of these vatos :fire .
Yup :fire :fire :fire

My semester ended yesterday, so I'll be waiting by the mailbox everyday :drool:

TheRustyShackleford

Breny414 wrote:Probably mid January, for me at least. My document date is November 24 (Thanksgiving Week), so I'm sure that week doesn't count. Might as well cross out the Christmas week, too. Since I work for the state of Texas, I know that many take the whole week off because we are granted Thursday and Friday this year. same goes for the week of New Years.... :waiting:

I was hoping to get the LTC before January 1 so that I could do the Wally Walk while enjoying the show of the OC folks doing their walks.

What do you do for the state? (if you don't mind my asking?) I worked in administration for the DPS in Houston. Getting paid monthly sucks.
shi-shi-sha...

Breny414

Post by Breny414 »

Breny414 wrote:Probably mid January, for me at least. My document date is November 24 (Thanksgiving Week), so I'm sure that week doesn't count. Might as well cross out the Christmas week, too. Since I work for the state of Texas, I know that many take the whole week off because we are granted Thursday and Friday this year. same goes for the week of New Years.... :waiting:

What do you do for the state? (if you don't mind my asking?) I worked in administration for the DPS in Houston. Getting paid monthly sucks.
I work for TxDOT. Good agency..Most of my entire life I've been paid monthly, so I'm used to that :mrgreen:

Breny414

Post by Breny414 »

Yes-haa, im a "Member" now! I guess it takes 45 posts to move from Junior to Member... Just waiting on the LTC now.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 4

Post by twomillenium »

I heard from an anonymous source that they update the website every 2 hours on the odd hour.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

It seems there is no rhyme or reason to DPS's doings on time frame. One may get theirs in 4-5 weeks & others 50-60 days. I figure (my luck) :cryin mine should be at mail box the 1st week of Feb. :cryin but it is what it is.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

-adrian-
Posts in topic: 1

Post by -adrian- »

10/14 Applied online
10/24 Chl class
10/26 fingerprint
10/27 emailed all documents. Recived confirmation

I called last friday. They said I was still early in the process. Today while on break I decided to call. Agent said I was approved today. I guess my wait is almost over. Hope to get it before the break. Also website has not changed for me. :anamatedbanana

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”