"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

tbryanh
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by tbryanh »

Website changed
What does this mean?

twjones
Posts in topic: 17

Post by twjones »

tbryanh wrote:
Website changed
What does this mean?
It means that when you login on the DPS site, you are able to:
change residential address
change mailing address
change contact information
report lost license
report stolen license

See a screen shot post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=80491

rrrrDPS!!

Post by rrrrDPS!! »

tbryanh wrote:
Website changed
What does this mean?
it means you will be getting your license soon. Your application has cleared background check.

twjones
Posts in topic: 17

Post by twjones »

rrrrDPS!! wrote:
tbryanh wrote:
Website changed
What does this mean?
it means you will be getting your license soon. Your application has cleared background check.
:iagree: :txflag: That too!!

How you coming rrrrDPS? Still no change?

rrrrDPS!!

Post by rrrrDPS!! »

twjones wrote:
rrrrDPS!! wrote:
tbryanh wrote:
Website changed
What does this mean?
:iagree: :txflag: That too!!

How you coming rrrrDPS? Still no change?
on hold right now. not good at all. I think I am going to go the full 60 days. Why??? Who knows.

TexasLonghornRN
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TexasLonghornRN »

It's ok brother I had everything completed and sent in oct 27 and all 7 of the people with me got their license last Friday but because I was honest about a 15 yr old misdemeanor I was flagged for further review. Isis and the terrorists get into this country and buy guns quicker than I can get a concealed handgun license without anyone knowing, the process is screwed up!!!

rrrrDPS!!

Post by rrrrDPS!! »

TexasLonghornRN wrote:It's ok brother I had everything completed and sent in oct 27 and all 7 of the people with me got their license last Friday but because I was honest about a 15 yr old misdemeanor I was flagged for further review. Isis and the terrorists get into this country and buy guns quicker than I can get a concealed handgun license without anyone knowing, the process is screwed up!!!
Roger that. lol I should have never found this forum. Seeing people's timelines is not a good thing for me. :mad5 hey happy for everyone getting theirs fast. On the bright side of things. I WILL GET MY CHL. By the time I do it will be 2016, then I don't have to worry about TOTALLY HIDING the Glock 21 Gen 4. Soooooo if DPS is being jerks, let them Ill have the last "rlol" .

KC80
Posts in topic: 80

Post by KC80 »

rrrrDPS!! wrote:
TexasLonghornRN wrote:It's ok brother I had everything completed and sent in oct 27 and all 7 of the people with me got their license last Friday but because I was honest about a 15 yr old misdemeanor I was flagged for further review. Isis and the terrorists get into this country and buy guns quicker than I can get a concealed handgun license without anyone knowing, the process is screwed up!!!
Roger that. lol I should have never found this forum. Seeing people's timelines is not a good thing for me. :mad5 hey happy for everyone getting theirs fast. On the bright side of things. I WILL GET MY CHL. By the time I do it will be 2016, then I don't have to worry about TOTALLY HIDING the Glock 21 Gen 4. Soooooo if DPS is being jerks, let them Ill have the last "rlol" .
Don't feel too bad, I'm coming up on 30 days and people are getting there's already on the same timeline as me. I have arrest and will probably go 60 days also if I even get approved at all.
:seeya:

Jpledger
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jpledger »

GOT MY PLASTIC! :woohoo
:thewave :txflag:

KC80

Post by KC80 »

Jpledger wrote:GOT MY PLASTIC! :woohoo
:thewave :txflag:
:coolgleamA:

TexasLonghornRN
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TexasLonghornRN »

what was your timeline? still waiting on mine

nutsy4sure
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nutsy4sure »

HaHa, glad I found this board. I'm on day 49 since I got the confirmation they received my supporting documents. Like so many here, a 25 year old misdemeanor arrest has clogged up the process. Sent my wife's a week after mine and she received her plastic two weeks ago. I called last week and the woman actually said " background checks take longer for criminals"! They obviously don't do anything when they get the application and $ because I actually sent that in over 120 days ago. Anyway, this board has eased my mind because I now know I'm not alone. It WILL get here, eventually.

KC80

Post by KC80 »

I don't see how we can get approved to purchase a firearm in a matter of minutes but this takes months. :headscratch

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

So basically any applications sent in right now are def taking 60+ days for those w/ arrests in their history. This is by far the busiest time of the year- Veteran's day, Thanksgiving week, Christmas, New Years, etc. Also, open carry is right around the corner & with all the media stuff going on-Paris, California, etc. it shouldn't be any surprise that CHL apps are taking a long time. If I call for status I would much prefer an accurate honest strait up answer vs someone over-promising me a short time frame just to get me off the call happy. Just my 2 cents guys!

KC80

Post by KC80 »

infoman wrote:So basically any applications sent in right now are def taking 60+ days for those w/ arrests in their history. This is by far the busiest time of the year- Veteran's day, Thanksgiving week, Christmas, New Years, etc. Also, open carry is right around the corner & with all the media stuff going on-Paris, California, etc. it shouldn't be any surprise that CHL apps are taking a long time. If I call for status I would much prefer an accurate honest strait up answer vs someone over-promising me a short time frame just to get me off the call happy. Just my 2 cents guys!
As of right now, I have not seen anyone with an arrest that has received there plastic in the same 30 day time frame as most others. I will hit the 30 day mark tomorrow and I check the website daily. If I happen to see a change you can assure that you will all know about it promptly, lol.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”