November '08 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Morgan
Posts in topic: 46

Re: November '08 Applications

Post by Morgan »

I checked so often that I didn't believe it when it changed. And then I kept checking to be sure it didn't change until I had my plastic. And then I checked after I got my plastic just because I was in the habit! LOL

TexasRedRock
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TexasRedRock »

Well my license is active and certificate was issued, but I dont have my plastic, I bet it comes to the house today. However the Army is doing something very, very nice for me and my wife. We are leaving in a little bit to go to Vintage Villas down on Lake Travis. The website shows it is a real nice place. The Battalion Chaplin is hosting a 2 day marriage enrichment program. All we had to pay for was the fuel to drive down there, the Army picks up the tab for meals and lodging. So my license will get here, and I will be gone, so I maybe able to do my Wally Walk on Sunday when I get back. I live in an ok area, but roomate has been briefed to get mail and put DPS / RLC mail in the fire safe. You all have a great weekend and I will see you on Sunday. :clapping:

knightx
Posts in topic: 7

Post by knightx »

have fun on your "get-away"

(hmmm, i've been on a few FTXs and don't remember any like that.) mine were filled with wet boots, soggy gear and half warmed MREs LOL.

and plus you'll have your "PLASTIC" when you return.... :cheers2:

fisher_of_man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by fisher_of_man »

gomowdude wrote:fisher of man - I totally check the DPS website so much that I think it will ever only say one thing. In fact, I have this habit of closing the web page so fast out of frustration that I bet the day it changes, I will just zip through my routine so fast that I wont even notice the change! Probably have to check it a few times just to be sure it really says something different!! I wish the DPS would upgrade the website to UPS tracking info, maybe telling you whose desk its on, what paperwork they are checking on, etc. I guess thats asking too much.
that's my worry entirely....I'll just close it and be like...."wait a minute"...the website must be broke...it looked different today...I better log back in and check that again...

and of course...then there will be the 3 or 4 more login's to make sure it's not just some kind of glitch....

ahh...well I await that login when it's actually there...

on the tracking stuff...yeah...probably WAY TOO MUCH to ask...I mean that'd probably triple the time it takes!

I'm off to ding the site again :waiting:
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
Received 11/12/08
PIN Received 12/03/08
Application Completed 01/09/09
Plastic Arrived 01/14/09

fisher_of_man

Post by fisher_of_man »

TexasRedRock wrote:Well my license is active and certificate was issued, but I dont have my plastic, I bet it comes to the house today. However the Army is doing something very, very nice for me and my wife. We are leaving in a little bit to go to Vintage Villas down on Lake Travis. The website shows it is a real nice place. The Battalion Chaplin is hosting a 2 day marriage enrichment program. All we had to pay for was the fuel to drive down there, the Army picks up the tab for meals and lodging. So my license will get here, and I will be gone, so I maybe able to do my Wally Walk on Sunday when I get back. I live in an ok area, but roomate has been briefed to get mail and put DPS / RLC mail in the fire safe. You all have a great weekend and I will see you on Sunday. :clapping:

that's awesome...enjoy the weekend...and of course the wife will be wondering why you are so excited to get home :mrgreen: seriously though...that is very cool that the army is going that for you...I hope you both enjoy the weekend very much!! and of course we expect the full wally world update when you return!

Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
Received 11/12/08
PIN Received 12/03/08
Plastic Arrived 01/14/09

IPv6

Post by IPv6 »

Well.... I checked this morning and.....Application Completed - license issued or certificate active! :anamatedbanana

Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
PIN Received 12/08/2008
Application Completed 1/9/2008
Plastic Arrived -- Soon!
Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
PIN Received 12/08/2008
Plastic Arrived -- 1/14/2008
Kimber Ultra Carry II

Broncrider
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Broncrider »

Congrats IPv6. What county are you in?
Broncrider
"I'm your huckleberry"---Doc Holiday, Tombstone

IPv6

Post by IPv6 »

I am in Tarrant County.
Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
PIN Received 12/08/2008
Kimber Ultra Carry II

davlanders
Posts in topic: 4

Post by davlanders »

Mine shows complete as of this morning too!!
Tarrant County
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

Broncrider
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Broncrider »

Congrats to all my neighbors to the East for their progress. Maybe mine won't take too much longer.
Broncrider
"I'm your huckleberry"---Doc Holiday, Tombstone

IPv6

Post by IPv6 »

davlanders wrote:Mine shows complete as of this morning too!!
Tarrant County

Congrats fellow Tarrant County-ite. They must be getting after it over there. I think it could have been a little faster had we not had Thanksgiving and Christmas to contend with.
Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
PIN Received 12/08/2008
Kimber Ultra Carry II

gomowdude
Posts in topic: 11

Post by gomowdude »

Congrats guys!! M A N, all you fellow Tarrant County-ers getting yours is making me even more anxious! Made me check DPS at least 4 times to be sure I didnt overlook my status this morning. Maybe I am in the next batch Tarrant County sends back to Austin. I bet it only took 2-3 days for your initial applications to get to Austin, think they will return the favor for your plastic? Good luck! Hope you dont have to wait too much longer for your Wally Walks.
Gomowdude
Tarrant County
11/18 Class-on target firearms
11/19 Application mailed
11/21 Application received in Austin
12/16 PIN received in mail
1/14 License issued or certificate active
1/16 Plastic in hand

cowboymd
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cowboymd »

cowboymd wrote:I'm new to the forum, though have been reading it about a week. I have enjoyed the advice,stories, and humor. I Certified mailed my packet today. The wait is on.
Just checked my status, finally changed to license issued..... :woohoo I think I was the last from my class to get issued, some as early as a month ago. :anamatedbanana
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

fisher_of_man

Post by fisher_of_man »

:woohoo :anamatedbanana :woohoo :anamatedbanana

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally...the words I've been looking for.....

"Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"

was it all those extra hits on the website hit counter "rlol" ...man...austin must have gotten busy yesterday and today! congrats to all you guys....and now...we just await the mailman! :thewave
:clapping: :anamatedbanana :clapping:
FOM :patriot:

Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
Received 11/12/08
PIN Received 12/03/08
Plastic Arrived 01/14/09

Topic author
Morgan
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Morgan »

I hope my NFL predictions are as accurate the rest of the season! :)
Morgan wrote:I bet you complete pretty soon, FOM. You've barely been processing for 1 month, and you had 2 sorta major holidays in that mix.... I predict you go to "complete" before the 20th.

So speaks the Swami. ;)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”