October 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Re: October 2014

Post by jmra »

wreckemsaints wrote:Ok here's where I'm at. Turned in all my paperwork while back, don't remember exact date. Fast forward to last Friday and I now have choice to change mailing address and etc, does that mean my CHL has already been processed and should be in mail soon? :txflag:
That seems to be the way it works of late. Congrats.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ccmac
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ccmac »

wreckemsaints wrote:Ok here's where I'm at. Turned in all my paperwork while back, don't remember exact date. Fast forward to last Friday and I now have choice to change mailing address and etc, does that mean my CHL has already been processed and should be in mail soon? :txflag:
According to the general concensus on here, I'd say you are correct in assuming that. Or that's at least how I have understood it.

wreckemsaints
Posts in topic: 4

Post by wreckemsaints »

jmra wrote:
That seems to be the way it works of late. Congrats.
Thanks! :tiphat:
Carrying: either p226 .40 tacops or xdm9
Not native to Texas but got here as soon I could!
John 15:13
Plastic received: 10/9/14

txrancher
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txrancher »

Online Application: 09/18
Class: 09/20
Finger Prints: 09/23
CHL-100: 09/23
Updated Status: 10/3
Card in hand: 10/6

Preparing for Wally Walk

Solidlift
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Solidlift »

No status change as of yet. Buddy's status changed on Saturday, he received his plastic yesterday. Arrrggghhhh! (we did whole process on the same days). I'm still waiting....!!! :waiting:
Attachments
status
status
"You Sumbitches couldn't close an umbrella..." - Sheriff Buford T. Justice

nlyric

Post by nlyric »

I Just stumbled on this forum and this thread today by chance. Kind of a two edged sword for me. I wasn't going to watch the water boil, just as a matter of keeping my sanity as my son in law waited four months for his card. Well after reading this thread and others on here I decided to login and check my status. I sent all my paperwork in on 9/29.....when I logged in today for the first time and all my change option are available..LOL...Well nothing in todays mail. I haven't a clue when it was updated...cause I never logged in before. Now how in the world do I get back to the mindset I had before...eeek!!! Already anticipating tomorrows mail!!!!! Thanks a lot for the info though(I think)

jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jmra »

nlyric wrote:I Just stumbled on this forum and this thread today by chance. Kind of a two edged sword for me. I wasn't going to watch the water boil, just as a matter of keeping my sanity as my son in law waited four months for his card. Well after reading this thread and others on here I decided to login and check my status. I sent all my paperwork in on 9/29.....when I logged in today for the first time and all my change option are available..LOL...Well nothing in todays mail. I haven't a clue when it was updated...cause I never logged in before. Now how in the world do I get back to the mindset I had before...eeek!!! Already anticipating tomorrows mail!!!!! Thanks a lot for the info though(I think)
Welcome to the forum
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

wreckemsaints
Posts in topic: 4

Post by wreckemsaints »

Ughhh status changed Friday and now I am stalking the mailman. I want it now!! :waiting:
Carrying: either p226 .40 tacops or xdm9
Not native to Texas but got here as soon I could!
John 15:13
Plastic received: 10/9/14

chop249
Posts in topic: 11

Post by chop249 »

nlyric wrote:I Just stumbled on this forum and this thread today by chance. Kind of a two edged sword for me. I wasn't going to watch the water boil, just as a matter of keeping my sanity as my son in law waited four months for his card. Well after reading this thread and others on here I decided to login and check my status. I sent all my paperwork in on 9/29.....when I logged in today for the first time and all my change option are available..LOL...Well nothing in todays mail. I haven't a clue when it was updated...cause I never logged in before. Now how in the world do I get back to the mindset I had before...eeek!!! Already anticipating tomorrows mail!!!!! Thanks a lot for the info though(I think)
A couple of us had also sent in our paperwork on the 29th and saw the change in status yesterday and today. From what I can tell it's about 2-3 days after the change that plastic is in hand. :)

nlyric

Post by nlyric »

A couple of us had also sent in our paperwork on the 29th and saw the change in status yesterday and today. From what I can tell it's about 2-3 days after the change that plastic is in hand. :)
That would be nice. Good luck to you chop249. I am going to the range today, maybe I can forget about this so the next 24 hours doesn't seem like it takes 4 months... Really not that bad, I took my test in April and waited until after my birthday (60th) for it to be half price. Plus that gave me some time for training.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CoolBreeze »

nlyric wrote:
That would be nice. Good luck to you chop249. I am going to the range today, maybe I can forget about this so the next 24 hours doesn't seem like it takes 4 months... Really not that bad, I took my test in April and waited until after my birthday (60th) for it to be half price. Plus that gave me some time for training.
Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

chop249
Posts in topic: 11

Post by chop249 »

nlyric wrote:
To you as well.

pawn

Post by pawn »

Posting this in October as it spanned both months:

Electronic Application filled out, fee paid - 9/20
Fingerprints done - 9/24
Class completed - 9/27
CHL-100 Electronically sent - 9/29
Paperwork confirmed received - 9/29
CHL arrived in the mail - 10/8

-P

nlyric

Post by nlyric »

Post by pawn » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Posting this in October as it spanned both months:

Fingerprints done - 9/24
Class completed - 9/27
Congratulations pawn......
Sent mine by mail on the 29th. Great to hear you got yours so fast.... :hurry:

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CoolBreeze »

pawn wrote:Posting this in October as it spanned both months:

Fingerprints done - 9/24
Class completed - 9/27

-P
Congrats! :tiphat:
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”