March applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

St1cky
Posts in topic: 12

Re: March applicants

Post by St1cky »

Macappletex wrote:Starting to get a little frustrated after reading the last 2 pages of posts! Sent packet in March 15th-everything else complete! Status still awaiting documents! Sent 2 separate emails asking if they at least had my paperwork and got the same robo reply back! Tried to call but all people busy--no answer. Will try to call again tomorrow. Don't mind the wait but I would like to know if they have my paperwork. I sure would hate to start over at this point! :confused5

3/2 CHL class/range test passed
3/2 Applied online
3/14 Fingerprints
3/15 Packet mailed
4/7 Application processed online awaiting receipt of required materials. Been this way for past 6 weeks!
You're only a week behind us so I bet you'll see something within a week.

Demiurge
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Demiurge »

So it looks like, for the most part, those who submitted all of their information up to the second full week in March are starting to see some activity. My fingerprints were the last bit I needed to send in and I did that on 03/22. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for seeing some kind of change next week. :waiting:

matt84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by matt84 »

I am also still waiting to be put in the system.
2/19/13 - Online Application
3/06/13 - Fingerprints
3/09/13 - CHL Class
3/11/13 - Documents Mailed
3/13/13 - Documents Received
4/25/13 - Status Changed to Application Received
5/17/13 - Background Check Completed
5/18/13 - Mailed
5/23/13 - License Received

St1cky
Posts in topic: 12

Post by St1cky »

3/8 mailed complete app
4/26 first status change to background under review
4/28 background complete. Pending manufacturing.
4/30 mailed
....... Awaiting plastic in hands

Zoober1895
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Zoober1895 »

I checked today and my status says manufacturing...Any day now. :anamatedbanana
2-20-2013 OnLine Application
2-22-2013 Fingerprints
2-23-2013 CHL Class
3-06-2013 Mailed to DPS
4-23-2013 Application recieved
4-23-2013 Background under Review
4-30-2013 Manufacturing
5-1-2013 Mailed

jason777
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jason777 »

2/18/13 Application Completed
3/11/13 Fingerprints
3/17/13 Class & range
3/19/13 Mailed
3/22/13 Received by DPS

Now just waiting, hoping for online status change this week.

Macappletex
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Macappletex »

Called today since it has been 45+ days since my paperwork arrived in Austin. I asked if my documents had arrived yet but the rep would not tell me! Said it was taking 60 days for most applications to be started! They were now working on applications that arrived the first two weeks of March.

3/2 CHL class/range test passed
3/2 Applied online
3/14 Fingerprints
3/15 Packet mailed
4/7 Application processed online awaiting receipt of required materials. Been this way for past 6 weeks!

TexasG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasG »

I Mailed mine on 7 Mar and I just noticed today that I am Pending BR Check. I have not been checking day to day, so I'm not exactly sure when my package was set up in the system.

JimT77450
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JimT77450 »

Here is my complete timeline consolidated:

2-11-13 Application completed online
2-19-13 Fingerprinted
2-22-13 Fingerprints rejected.
3-01-13 Fingerprinted again
3-02-13 Class completed
3-04-13 Paperwork sent Certified mail
3-07-13 Paperwork delivered and return receipt signed
4-21-13 status changed to "Background check under review"
4-27-13 Background Check: Completed
4-27-13 Concealed Handgun License: Manufacturing Pending
4-30-13 Manufacturing
5-01-13 MAILED
NRA Benefactor Life Member
TSRA Benefactor Life Member
GOA Life Member

SigP250
Posts in topic: 17

Post by SigP250 »

Just a curious question for our March applicants, did anyone of you submit your documents online/email? If so, did you get a email confirmation, besides the "Thanking for contact..." Thanks all! :patriot:

3/08/2013 CHL course Completed
03/15/2013 Online Application Completed
03/17/2013 Electronic Fingerprints Completed
03/28/2013 Submitted Documents online.

Widedomain
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Widedomain »

Overnighted documents to Austin on 3/28/2013. No movement on the application at all. The Wife submitted hers by certified USPS mail two days before I sent mine and they already have hers marked as "Manufacturing"!!! Obviously there is no consistent process at DPS.

Emailed an inquiry and pdf copies of my documents on 4/15/2013 and the canned response was that it may take up to 4 weeks to "receive" the documents because they document received when it is opened and keyed into their database. They define receipt as the date they determine an application is complete, not when it is delivered to Austin.

David

BTW... I really have learned a lot from this forum and look forward to interacting with you as well!!
Online Application, Fingerprints/Photos & CHL class done: 03/23/13
All Documents mailed via USPS Express Mail: 03/28/13
DPS shows documents received/background check under review: 06/04/13
Background check complete: 06/11/13 ... Concealed Handgun License : Mailed 06/12/13!!!!

Demiurge

Post by Demiurge »

SigP250 wrote:Just a curious question for our March applicants, did anyone of you submit your documents online/email? If so, did you get a email confirmation, besides the "Thanking for contact..." Thanks all! :patriot:
I scanned and submitted on-line the form the FAST folks gave me the day I was fingerprinted. No confirmation at all. Everything else besides the application was sent in as part of the packet.

MamaK
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MamaK »

jmra wrote:
jmra wrote:The first status update I had was Manufacture Pending. Did my renewal app online/emailed docs on 3/25. Updated to Manufacture Pending on 4/25.
Updated to Mailed today (4/26). :hurry:
doing it fully digital seems to be the fastest route. Someone should take all of this information and make a spreadsheet, then give people some statistics (ie response times of certified mail vs digital, chl and renewals etc)

MamaK
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MamaK »

Demiurge wrote:
SigP250 wrote:Just a curious question for our March applicants, did anyone of you submit your documents online/email? If so, did you get a email confirmation, besides the "Thanking for contact..." Thanks all! :patriot:
I scanned and submitted on-line the form the FAST folks gave me the day I was fingerprinted. No confirmation at all. Everything else besides the application was sent in as part of the packet.
oh hun, you didn't have to do that. We digitally transmit your prints to NCIC which returns to DPS. On that paper, your TCN is your proof that you were fingerprinted - it does nothing for you other than gives you a receipt that your prints were done (and if you have to do a retake, that TCN will be placed at the top of a new form. If you look at your FAST form, at the very top theres a space for "old tcn".) Metaphorically you spammed them =( unintentionally, but thats probably why you won't get a response regarding your submission.

The FAST form is your receipt, it is not anything that needs to be sent in. I am so sorry for the confusion. While I probably wasn't your fingerprint technician, I am one and if you have any questions that I am able to answer, please ask me. I feel very bad that your technician didn't explain to you the purpose of the FAST form and the TCN. (whether you are a CHL applicant, teacher, md, nurse etc the form will always be just your receipt. Occasionally a few employers, do ask for a copy because they know that the TCN is proof you actually went to get fingerprinted. You won't get the TCN until you get fingerprinted.) I am so sorry. I hope in some way I have helped you.

Demiurge

Post by Demiurge »

MamaK wrote:oh hun, you didn't have to do that. We digitally transmit your prints to NCIC which returns to DPS. On that paper, your TCN is your proof that you were fingerprinted - it does nothing for you other than gives you a receipt that your prints were done (and if you have to do a retake, that TCN will be placed at the top of a new form. If you look at your FAST form, at the very top theres a space for "old tcn".) Metaphorically you spammed them =( unintentionally, but thats probably why you won't get a response regarding your submission.

The FAST form is your receipt, it is not anything that needs to be sent in. I am so sorry for the confusion. While I probably wasn't your fingerprint technician, I am one and if you have any questions that I am able to answer, please ask me. I feel very bad that your technician didn't explain to you the purpose of the FAST form and the TCN. (whether you are a CHL applicant, teacher, md, nurse etc the form will always be just your receipt. Occasionally a few employers, do ask for a copy because they know that the TCN is proof you actually went to get fingerprinted. You won't get the TCN until you get fingerprinted.) I am so sorry. I hope in some way I have helped you.
Thank you very much for the information. The lady who took my fingerprints didn't say much at all. Just what fingers to give her and to try not to help her roll my fingers. I just figured she was being efficient and was trying to get me in and out as quickly as possible. It was my fault not to ask questions though.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”