March 2015

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

infantrymac
Posts in topic: 8

Re: March 2015

Post by infantrymac »

Im counting myself very lucky today. My status changed last friday. Got home for lunch today to find my plastic waiting in the mail! How awesome is that?

Khanhvu2912
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Khanhvu2912 »

infantrymac wrote:Im counting myself very lucky today. My status changed last friday. Got home for lunch today to find my plastic waiting in the mail! How awesome is that?
Nice, congrats

infantrymac
Posts in topic: 8

Post by infantrymac »

Thanks! Unfortunately my first carry will be from the house to the truck and to the college for my afternoon class. Might have to make a pitstop somewhere just for giggles.

RonW956
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RonW956 »

I summited my app & all supporting docs on Feb 26th, I called 2 weeks ago & after being on hold for 20 min I finally was able to speak to a cust rep that in turn put me on hold for another 10 min only to tell me that they're still waiting on the background check. I asked if they recieved all the docs and she said yes... March 23rd and no status update yet,, :waiting:

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jmra »

RonW956 wrote:I summited my app & all supporting docs on Feb 26th, I called 2 weeks ago & after being on hold for 20 min I finally was able to speak to a cust rep that in turn put me on hold for another 10 min only to tell me that they're still waiting on the background check. I asked if they recieved all the docs and she said yes... March 23rd and no status update yet,, :waiting:
You should have been around when it took 3-6 months.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

BCGlocker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by BCGlocker »

RonW956 wrote:I summited my app & all supporting docs on Feb 26th, I called 2 weeks ago & after being on hold for 20 min I finally was able to speak to a cust rep that in turn put me on hold for another 10 min only to tell me that they're still waiting on the background check. I asked if they recieved all the docs and she said yes... March 23rd and no status update yet,, :waiting:
I submitted about same time and received an email confirmation on 2/25 they have received my application. 3/24 today, still waiting.
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

vacierto
Posts in topic: 5

Post by vacierto »

submitted mine last week after having to redo my prints... As of today no status change but called DPS and told me that my license was issued yesterday! As of 3/26, status changed allowing me to change address, etc..!!
Last edited by vacierto on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent

jmra

Post by jmra »

vacierto wrote:submitted mine last week after having to redo my prints... As of today no status change but called DPS and told me that my license was issued yesterday!
Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Khanhvu2912
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Khanhvu2912 »

So mine has been going for 6 weeks already.. I submitted everything on feb 15th, got confirmation email on feb 16th. I called this morning to get an update, obviously, they just started my application on march 19th..now i gotta wait for another 2-3 weeks..so looks like i am not going to see my plastic any time soon till mid april.. :banghead: :banghead:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I don't like all these stories of it taking a month or more. I was hoping for 2-3 weeks... :banghead:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

vacierto

Post by vacierto »

as of today status changed allowing me to change my info, etc.. Lets see how fast it gets in the mail! Anyone know what kind of envelope they send it out in?
Vincent

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by joe817 »

vacierto wrote:as of today status changed allowing me to change my info, etc.. Lets see how fast it gets in the mail! Anyone know what kind of envelope they send it out in?
Congrats! If your status changed today(Thurs), I'd start looking for it next Tuesday. Mine took abt 5 days from status change until I got it.

As far as envelopes go, VERY low key. No return address on it other than a P.O. Box IIRC. It's smaller than a business size envelope. Totally nondescript. Be very careful going through your mail because it could very easily be mistaken for junk mail asking for donations.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

BCGlocker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by BCGlocker »

I received a letter from DPS today that I screwed up by forgot to sign the CHL100 form. It is signed and mailed back the same day. I wonder how long this will be pushing me back?
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

jmra

Post by jmra »

BCGlocker wrote:I received a letter from DPS today that I screwed up by forgot to sign the CHL100 form. It is signed and mailed back the same day. I wonder how long this will be pushing me back?
At least 3 months. Just kidding. Even if they haven't started the background check yet it shouldn't take long. Nothing like the 3-6 months we had to wait back in the day.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

vacierto

Post by vacierto »

joe817 wrote:
vacierto wrote:as of today status changed allowing me to change my info, etc.. Lets see how fast it gets in the mail! Anyone know what kind of envelope they send it out in?
Congrats! If your status changed today(Thurs), I'd start looking for it next Tuesday. Mine took abt 5 days from status change until I got it.

As far as envelopes go, VERY low key. No return address on it other than a P.O. Box IIRC. It's smaller than a business size envelope. Totally nondescript. Be very careful going through your mail because it could very easily be mistaken for junk mail asking for donations.
DPS informed me today that they mailed it Wednesday.. And today, Saturday the 28th, the wait is officially over! Plastic in hand!
Vincent

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”