February 2015

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

OSCAR E
Posts in topic: 4

Re: February 2015

Post by OSCAR E »

HK45 wrote:2/16 submitted online application and chl-100

Got a confirmation for the chl-100 received, am I suppose to get one for the application as well?
did you get the barcode printout when you submitted your payment?

HK45
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HK45 »

OSCAR E wrote:

Got a confirmation for the chl-100 received, am I suppose to get one for the application as well?
I did but didn't print it, I just wrote down the tracing number

OSCAR E
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OSCAR E »

HK45 wrote:
OSCAR E wrote:

I did but didn't print it, I just wrote down the tracing number
ok that was the confirmation for the application, you don't get an email that has the check list and the links to upload the documents

Ziekk
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ziekk »

Update.

18 Jan ~~ Documents submitted

22 Jan ~~ Email confirmation

28 Jan - DD214 verified

10 Feb ~~ told to wait 30 additional days for background check. Wow. If things keep going this way, I'll have a 3 month wait. No criminal history.

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

I took my CHL end of December, fingerprint done first week of January.

January 2nd - application and supporting docs submitted online

Mid January - told to wait appx. 30 days for an update on wether documents were received and processed

Beginning of February - documents were not received, resubmit documents

Next week - documents not received, got in touch with management who suggested documents be submitted is faxed. Confirmed that day documents were received. 2 days later, informed via email my application would be processed.

February 16 - still no update on the website
February 17 - called and was informed my CHL was processed and should be in the Mail by the end of the week

After that the website reflected the ability to change address/etc.

process was a PITA, if I were to go back and do it again I would have the regulatory services number saved and call every day for an update. I would probably have my license by now.

No complaints though, my CHL was free since I seperated from the military within the last year.

Ziekk

Post by Ziekk »

Schooly, grats! You'd think the military service would help the background check go quicker, as we've basically filled in all the Nexis fields for them. Nope.

txtokarev
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txtokarev »

Feb. 12- application submitted
Feb 16- fingerprints submitted
Feb 21- class taken
Feb 22- documents uploaded and the wait begins... :waiting:
Feb 23- received email confirming document submission
Last edited by txtokarev on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

infantrymac
Posts in topic: 5

Post by infantrymac »

Just found this forum after some googling. Lots of great info here. Wish I would have found it before I went through the process. I dont remember when I started my application with DPS and I dont remember when I did the fingerprinting. Both were done at the end of January or the beginning of this month. I had my class on this past Saturday the 21st and electronically submitted the packet the same day. I never got an email confirmation and when I go to the site it just tells me to allow sufficient processing time. Im going to call today and make sure they have received everything.

infantrymac

Post by infantrymac »

So just called to see if they received everything that I sent last saturday. I was told they were still waiting on my DD214 and the 100. Told her ai sent all that in on Saturday and never got an email confirmation. She said well it can take 3 weeks to actually get them and to call back if I havent heard anything then. Also that they dont start the background check until after they receive the entire packet. Now is this 3 weeks just a cushion they give themselves? Has to be right? Otherwise how do people get their card in the same time frame? Dont know if you guys can tell or not but patience is NOT one of my virtues.

Edit: I JUST got an email saying my attachments were received and to allow up to 6 weeks for processing. Fingers crossed that I dont get a request for anything else.

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

Ziekk wrote:Schooly, grats! You'd think the military service would help the background check go quicker, as we've basically filled in all the Nexis fields for them. Nope.
Thanks bud! Received my CHL yesterday! Such a good feeling being armed now.

infantrymac-

You should have it soon, keep on them though. I never got any confirmation until I started working with a human being, but once they let me know all supporting documents were submitted and that they would process my application I had my license within a week. (my application was done about 2 months prior to this however)

Good luck and thanks for your service from a fellow veteran! :cheers2: :patriot:

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

Schooley wrote:Received my CHL yesterday!
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
casp625

Post by casp625 »

Out of curiosity, does anyone have "Veteran" put on their CHL? I sent in my DD-214 and when I received the CHL, it wasn't printed on it. However, my driver's license has Veteran on it...

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

casp625 wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone have "Veteran" put on their CHL? I sent in my DD-214 and when I received the CHL, it wasn't printed on it. However, my driver's license has Veteran on it...
I did my renewal this time last year and sent a copy of my retired ID card. Mine has "Veteran" on it. You did go for the reduced fee, right?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

casp625 wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone have "Veteran" put on their CHL? I sent in my DD-214 and when I received the CHL, it wasn't printed on it. However, my driver's license has Veteran on it...
I sent in my dd-214 for proof I was separated in the last 365 days for my $0.00 CHL fee. They did not put veteran on the CHL but it's on my DL.

infantrymac

Post by infantrymac »

I dont have veteran on my dl and just submitted for my chl. I am also 70% disabled with tags. Wonder why its not on my dl...hmm

Also thank you schooley.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”