December 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

tland
Posts in topic: 6

Re: December 2014

Post by tland »

dennisz wrote:The plastic was in the mail today, long wait, finally here. :clapping: :cheers2:

Dennis
Congrats!! Enjoy your Wally Walk!

metzaballa
Posts in topic: 17

Post by metzaballa »

dennisz wrote:The plastic was in the mail today, long wait, finally here. :clapping: :cheers2:

Dennis
Congrats. Let us know ho w the Wally Walk goes. :anamatedbanana

jmra
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jmra »

Dennis
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

metzaballa

Post by metzaballa »

metzaballa wrote:
metzaballa wrote:
metzaballa wrote:
metzaballa wrote:12/17/14 - Everything Submitted. I am playing the waiting game too.

12/12 - Online Application
12/13 - Course at Shoot Smart Grand Pairie
12/17 - Fingerprints at Morpho Trust USA

I have checked online and no status change. I called today because I see others who have a similar timeline already have their plastic. I was told my application was still in the background check.
I checked the website just now and...........wait for it...............I have the change address and report stolen card links!!!!!! :thewave :anamatedbanana :woohoo :cheers2: :hurry: :clapping: :txflag:

It won't be long now until the plastic is in the mailbox.
No plastic in my mailbox today :banghead:

Plastic in the mailbox today!!!! :hurry: :anamatedbanana :txflag:

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 11

Post by treadlightly »

Day 26, no change on the web site, no little card from the State. My son, who applied a week after I did, got his license in about 12 days. He lives in the same county, so presumably he went through the same track I did.

I have no convictions, but I did find irregularities in a local municipal court which I reported to the State Commission on Judicial Conduct.

The SCJC did nothing, but I doubt I'm on that judge's Christmas card list.

Does the local background check include any poll of judges? Would a spiteful municipal court judge be able to slow down my application?

Just wondering, my judge friend probably has nothing to do with the delay - but it's odd my son sailed through, running pretty much through the same course as my application should be navigating.

And I'm boring. I even serve on a local civic board. I'm not a problem child, although I won't stay quiet if I see corruption.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

The Crisis, Day 30 since confirmation of uploads received, Day 48 since paying the fee and applying, and the standoff continues. No change on the web site, no mail requesting further information, nothing yet.

I'm beginning to wonder if my history of dissent on things like egregious math errors on our local tax statements, electronic election security gaps, and protest against flawed procedures in a local municipal court doesn't count for more than my totally clean arrest and conviction record.

At least I got the tax assessor-collector to correct the tax statements.

An odd feeling, not yet passing a background check when my son got his two weeks ago, after applying a week later than I. Grumble, whine, sniff...

OSCAR E
Posts in topic: 5

Post by OSCAR E »

Day 39 since applied,I called 2 days ago and rep said everything looks good, tech is reviewing the application making sure it meets the qualifications since there was something on the background check, he said it would take the full 2 months.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

he said it would take the full 2 months
I feel your pain. I called again, even though I was planning to give it another week. There are no flagged problems, it's just in process.

The lady I spoke with was very nice, and I thanked her for her help. She seemed surprised that anyone got a CHL in less than 45-60 days.

It's bureaucracy, and probably no escaping that with as many applications as they seem to be getting.

The wheels are turning. They are square, and the ox team isn't as young as it used to be, but the wheels turn.

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 8

Post by SA_Steve »

SA_Steve wrote:stuck in the twilight zone:

class 12-6
CHL uploaded 12-7
Prints 12-11
No Prints letter from TX DPS dated 12-16 (received 12-20) - says I have 90 days to get 'em
"The Dept has received your application...cannot be processed because the application did not include the required electronic fingerprints"

guess I'll give them a week or two and call and ask how to include the required electronic fingerprints

letter says I should use L1 Enrollment but fortunately the website provided in the letter resolves to Identogo so it looks like I used the correct fingerprint service

When I got my DL back in June they took all 10 fingerprints, wonder why they can get my photo from the DL folks but not the prints >?<
Looks like I need to pay for another batch of prints...
what a pain.
You may have the last word.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

The standoff continues. The complete timeline:

53 days since first application and fee payment
42 days since documents uploaded
36 days since documents acknowledged
21 days since they said everything was good and I would probably have my CHL in three weeks.
7 days since they said my background check passed and that my CHL was just 'in processing'

No change in status on the web site.

Dang, this is slow.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Oh, dear.

I called DPS, since it had been a week since I last checked, and was told today that my CHL-100 has not yet been attached to my application. They say they have it, but they haven't attached it.

Once they attach it, according to today's report, I'll either get my CHL or the reason why in 60 days, but the 60 day countdown has not yet started.

It's 43 days today since I uploaded the documents, as best I figure, and I double-checked my confirmation. i'd thought that was Dcember 28, but it was actually December 30, or 35 days ago.

And the 60 day countdown hasn't started. Or maybe it has. It seems to depend on who you ask, but something is stuck since my CHL-100 is not yet in their systems.

Topic author
Tazman

Post by Tazman »

metzaballa wrote:
Congrats!

metzaballa

Post by metzaballa »

Tazman wrote:
metzaballa wrote:
Congrats!
Thank you!!!

Cleser
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Cleser »

12/6 - CHL Class Frisco Gun Club
12/7 - apply online CHL
12/10 - Fingerprint
12/10 - Proficiency
12/10 - via on-line submit documents
12/11 - rec'd TXCHL confirmation email of submittal

Update
1/12 Submit email form requesting status
1/27 Call CHL division - can't find my training cert
1/27 Rec'v email (coincidently at same time I finish the call) indicating no Training Certificate
1/27 Resubmit Training Form via web
1/28 Recieve email that form was not rec'd with online submittal
1/28 Resubmit all forms again online
1/28 send email with forms attached
2/3 Call CHL - they indicate it can take 2 weeks for online doc's to reach them, no doc's recieved yet
2/10 Ck website - no change on status
2/10 Call CHL - form was rec'd, approved and sent to printing. should recieve CHL this week
2/11 Ck website - Status Changed!

-c

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 8

Post by SA_Steve »

SA_Steve wrote:
SA_Steve wrote:stuck in the twilight zone:

class 12-6
CHL uploaded 12-7
Prints 12-11
No Prints letter from TX DPS dated 12-16 (received 12-20) - says I have 90 days to get 'em
"The Dept has received your application...cannot be processed because the application did not include the required electronic fingerprints"

guess I'll give them a week or two and call and ask how to include the required electronic fingerprints

letter says I should use L1 Enrollment but fortunately the website provided in the letter resolves to Identogo so it looks like I used the correct fingerprint service

When I got my DL back in June they took all 10 fingerprints, wonder why they can get my photo from the DL folks but not the prints >?<
Looks like I need to pay for another batch of prints...
what a pain.
scratch that idea, dps says re-doing them will really foul up things... they say to call back in a week
(today is two months since being fingerprinted)
You may have the last word.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”