January 2015

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TPARAMEDICX
Posts in topic: 7

January 2015

Post by TPARAMEDICX »

Hey guys newbie here!

11/25/14-CHL Class
12/4/14-CHL Application submitted online
12/4/14-CHL-100 upload online
12/4/14-Email confirmation all docs received
12/8/14-Fingerprints
12/30/14-Contact DPS,CHL-100 wasn't received was informed
to email my situation and the form again to a manager.
1/2/15-Contact DPS to verify,still no CHL-100. Emailed manager again
to be told my 100 was not attached on the email a few days ago,after I was told it would be moved along for processing, so I resent the same email as before. Got confirmation that the 100 was attached this time via email from the manager
1/8/15-Contact DPS all docs received.
FRUSTRATION!
How much longer?????? The wait is almost unbearable!

bwilie
Posts in topic: 1

Re: January 2015

Post by bwilie »

I'm an instructor. Held a class on December 13th. Two of the students got printed on December 16th. Received their licenses today (January 10th). Awesome turnaround time, especially over the holidays!
TX CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
NRA Range Safety Officer

Topic author
TPARAMEDICX

Post by TPARAMEDICX »

What time of day is everyone seeing a status change?

TheBlake
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TheBlake »

Well, my wait has carried over to January so here is my updated timeline:

12/17 Applied On-line
12/19 Fingerprints
12/27 CHL Class
12/28 Upload CHL-100 to DPS
12/29 Confirmation Email from DPS
12/29 Upload Certified Court Doc (oops, forgot to upload with CHL-100)
1/2 Called DPS to make sure that they had received the second set of documents (did not receive the "email confirmation") representative ensured me that they had everything they needed

No status change, no paper mail, no email, no plastic.... :grumble

ddave

Post by ddave »

Here's where I am.

Application Online: 11/15/14
Class: 11/16/2014
Fingerprints (FAST): 12/12/14
Submission of documents: 12/12/14
Confirmation email 12/12/14

No status change, or mail.
:banghead:

adaboy5

Post by adaboy5 »

I read on another thread that DPS has done away with online status changes. One thing that I did notice when I checked one day there were links to change adress, report lost card etc that were not there before. I believe that's the sign it's close. I submitted my complete package on 11/24/14 recieved my license 1/13/15. I did call them once to be sure they recieved everything and the rep said my application was processing. hope this helps... ;-)

jeremybme

Post by jeremybme »

adaboy5 wrote:I read on another thread that DPS has done away with online status changes. One thing that I did notice when I checked one day there were links to change adress, report lost card etc that were not there before. I believe that's the sign it's close. I submitted my complete package on 11/24/14 recieved my license 1/13/15. I did call them once to be sure they recieved everything and the rep said my application was processing. hope this helps... ;-)

When those links showed up on my page, the plastic was in the mail the day before. Came 5 days later.

TheBlake

Post by TheBlake »

TheBlake wrote:Well, my wait has carried over to January so here is my updated timeline:

12/17 Applied On-line
12/19 Fingerprints
12/27 CHL Class
12/28 Upload CHL-100 to DPS
12/29 Confirmation Email from DPS
12/29 Upload Certified Court Doc (oops, forgot to upload with CHL-100)
1/2 Called DPS to make sure that they had received the second set of documents (did not receive the "email confirmation") representative ensured me that they had everything they needed

No status change, no paper mail, no email, no plastic.... :grumble
1/14 Update: Called DPS, they have everything and my application is processing... the lady was extremely nice and let me know that they were waiting on my background check.

I wonder why some take so long and some are so quick with the background checks...? :headscratch

Octive09
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Octive09 »

Hello every1 I am new and yes I have been in the waiting game also for about 30 days if I include the holidays or about 2weeks without since I resubmit a document on 30 Dec of 2014 even though I did my online app on 15 Dec 2014. I haven't had any changes to my status since day zero until 3 days ago when I went online and there was a section giving me options to do changes to my chl. Is the attachment I uploaded the new update that DPS has? if yes then, that's how it looks like for those that have not gotten any change in their online status! I would guess that mine has been issued, if not then why give me the option to ''report stolen card' and all that! well that is just my guess, but for now I am still in the waiting game!!! :patriot: :clapping:

been waiting for my CHL, like kids waiting to open their Christmas gift!!!! :drool:
Attachments
CHL Status.docx
(110.99 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

TheBlake

Post by TheBlake »

Octive09 wrote:Hello every1 I am new and yes I have been in the waiting game also for about 30 days if I include the holidays or about 2weeks without since I resubmit a document on 30 Dec of 2014 even though I did my online app on 15 Dec 2014. I haven't had any changes to my status since day zero until 3 days ago when I went online and there was a section giving me options to do changes to my chl. Is the attachment I uploaded the new update that DPS has? if yes then, that's how it looks like for those that have not gotten any change in their online status! I would guess that mine has been issued, if not then why give me the option to ''report stolen card' and all that! well that is just my guess, but for now I am still in the waiting game!!! :patriot: :clapping:

been waiting for my CHL, like kids waiting to open their Christmas gift!!!! :drool:
You're in business! Card should be in your mailbox soon...

and on that note, I am officially jealous. My timeline matches yours almost identically :cryin

Octive09

Post by Octive09 »

TheBlake wrote:
Octive09 wrote:Hello every1 I am new and yes I have been in the waiting game also for about 30 days if I include the holidays or about 2weeks without since I resubmit a document on 30 Dec of 2014 even though I did my online app on 15 Dec 2014. I haven't had any changes to my status since day zero until 3 days ago when I went online and there was a section giving me options to do changes to my chl. Is the attachment I uploaded the new update that DPS has? if yes then, that's how it looks like for those that have not gotten any change in their online status! I would guess that mine has been issued, if not then why give me the option to ''report stolen card' and all that! well that is just my guess, but for now I am still in the waiting game!!! :patriot: :clapping:

You're in business! Card should be in your mailbox soon...

and on that note, I am officially jealous. My timeline matches yours almost identically :cryin

I thought mine was going to take the whole 60+ days but I guess not!!! @ the mean time I wont get my hopes up :nono: ,untill I have the license in my hands!!! But hang in there hope it aint long for you either. ..! I'll keep posted once I get mine! :hurry:

M&P9_Rich

Post by M&P9_Rich »

New member, here's my timeline so far...

12/26/2014 – Completed online CHL application
12/28/2014 – Received DPS confirmation email
1/2/2015 – Fingerprints
1/3/2015 – Received IdentoGO confirmation email
1/4/2015 – CHL Class
1/4/2015 – Submitted CHL-100 online
1/4/2015 – Received DPS confirmation email
1/16/2015 – DPS website status changed to allow information changes

OSCAR E

Post by OSCAR E »

M&P9_Rich wrote:New member, here's my timeline so far...

12/26/2014 – Completed online CHL application
12/28/2014 – Received DPS confirmation email
1/2/2015 – Fingerprints
1/3/2015 – Received IdentoGO confirmation email
1/4/2015 – CHL Class
1/4/2015 – Submitted CHL-100 online
1/4/2015 – Received DPS confirmation email
1/16/2015 – DPS website status changed to allow information changes
question, were you born in TX or another state? I am asking because mine still in process I submitted my paperwork on 12/20/14, I was born in Illinois so I am wondering if that has something to do with why is taking longer than other people.

Octive09

Post by Octive09 »

UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!!
I was just walking out the door to take my wife and my kiddo out to eat breakfast!!! when all of a sudden :skep: I see the mail man walking to my mail box and :anamatedbanana :coolgleamA: glad to say.... MY CHL is HERE :thewave :party: :woohoo !!!

little time line:
15 DEC 14: submitted documents, 30 DEC 14: submitted missing document, 09 JAN 15: card issued, 12 JAN 15: status Change, 16 JAN 15: CARD in HAND!!! and DID the WALLY WALK!!! :txflag: :chldancing :fire

NO MORE WAITING FOR ME!! :rock" ....wish you all for a rapid processing time from DPS and hang in there and don't forget to do the "Wally Walk" when your card arrives!! :cheers2:

Topic author
TPARAMEDICX

Post by TPARAMEDICX »

Day 47 still no status change!! :shock:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”