December 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Tazman
Posts in topic: 11

Re: December 2014

Post by Tazman »

Strafe55 - you had me worried, so I just called DPS and they said mine was mailed on Tuesday December 30 so mine should be here any day!

Strafe55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Strafe55 »

Tazman - I'm jealous. I'm a former LEO who left that job in 2011 for another to make more money. They are talking about the background check holding up my CHL. I'm like are you serious how is this taking more than 2 seconds to run me through NCIC/TCIC. I'm glad yours is on the way. Hopefully mine will be right behind it.

metzaballa
Posts in topic: 17

Post by metzaballa »

metzaballa wrote:12/17/14 - Everything Submitted. I am playing the waiting game too.
Called Austin today and was told that they were checking my background. I keep checking the website but still have the " If you have a pending CHL application, please allow sufficient time ......." message.

jeremybme
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jeremybme »

jeremybme wrote:I've never been one to wait :-(

12/3 applied online
12/5 fingerprints
12/6 class
12/6 submitted CHL-100 online
12/8 confirmation of documents received
12/15 called DPS to verify they had everything and was told they got it last week and started processing, should have it within 60 days

Now the waiting ........................
UPDATE: just checked website and the change info options are now available.. WOO HOO!!! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana just gotta wait for the plastic now

jmra
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jmra »

jeremybme wrote:

12/3 applied online
12/5 fingerprints
12/6 class
12/15 called DPS to verify they had everything and was told they got it last week and started processing, should have it within 60 days

UPDATE: just checked website and the change info options are now available.. WOO HOO!!! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana just gotta wait for the plastic now
Congrats - won't be long now.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

metzaballa

Post by metzaballa »

jeremybme wrote:

12/3 applied online
12/5 fingerprints
12/6 class

Congrats. Let us know when you get the plastic!!! Hopefully, it won't be long now for me.

Topic author
Tazman

Post by Tazman »

jeremybme wrote:
Congrats! Now the waiting becomes even more intense!
Tazman wrote:Strafe55 - you had me worried, so I just called DPS and they said mine was mailed on Tuesday December 30 so mine should be here any day!
I had hoped mine would be in the mail today!! So maybe Monday - I guess DPS used the slow boat! Now that I know it is coming, I am more anxious than when I was just waiting on the status change.

Grisu
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grisu »

Application Online: 12/12/14
Fingerprints (FAST): 12/18/14
Class: 12/20/14
Submission of documuments: 12/20/14
Change of status: ? It's there since 1/3/15 when I checked.

Not sure when the site changed but I have the "change mailing address" etc. when I log in. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Sent inquiry via e-mail to DPS on 1/3/15...

Waiting for the mail to arrive.... :waiting:

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Application, 12/10
class, 12/13
fingerprints, 12/20
online application, er, sometime...
confirmation of supporting documents, 12/30
1/5/15, no change in status on the chl website.

That riffling sound is me shuffling the solitaire deck, out here where seldom is heard a discouraging word, waiting to see what happens next.

Topic author
Tazman

Post by Tazman »

Grisu wrote:
Waiting for the mail to arrive.... :waiting:
Me too...I just knew mine would come today (see below)! But alas, only thing of value in the mail was a Pachmyr grip. Maybe tomorrow?? :waiting:
Tazman wrote:I had hoped mine would be in the mail today!! So maybe Monday - I guess DPS used the slow boat! Now that I know it is coming, I am more anxious than when I was just waiting on the status change.

Grisu

Post by Grisu »

Called DPS since they didn't reply to the e-mail inquiry.

Wait time on hold - 30 minutes.

Opted for call back in approximately 30 minutes.

Call back in 31 minutes

Spoke with lady that wanted DL # and name. She looked it up, stated that license was issued on Jan 2nd :woohoo and to allow 7-10 days for it to arrive :banghead: ...? Do they have to torture me by sending it first to Guam and then on the slow boat back to Houston???? "rlol" UGH waiting... waiting... waiting! :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

Upon checking, DPS had a whole 7 business days from receipt of documents to the issuance so I think I should proclaim that to be AWESOME! :thewave:

metzaballa

Post by metzaballa »

Grisu wrote:Called DPS since they didn't reply to the e-mail inquiry.

Wait time on hold - 30 minutes.

Opted for call back in approximately 30 minutes.

Call back in 31 minutes

Spoke with lady that wanted DL # and name. She looked it up, stated that license was issued on Jan 2nd :woohoo and to allow 7-10 days for it to arrive :banghead: ...? Do they have to torture me by sending it first to Guam and then on the slow boat back to Houston???? "rlol" UGH waiting... waiting... waiting! :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

Upon checking, DPS had a whole 7 business days from receipt of documents to the issuance so I think I should proclaim that to be AWESOME! :thewave:
That is good news. That was fast processing for you. I submitted everything by 12/17/14. I called today also only to be told that I'm still in the background check stage still. :banghead: I think waiting was harder than finding the time for the class, fingerprints, and filling out the form.

Congrats and let us know when the plastic comes.

Grisu

Post by Grisu »

I did the FAST Fingerprints. Who did you use for your printing service? Seems that there are a couple of other ones approved to do the work for DPS. Maybe there is a correlation with processing/wait times and the fingerprinting vendor?

Topic author
Tazman

Post by Tazman »

My plastic arrived in the mail today! :woohoo DPS said it was mailed on Tuesday 12/30 and it arrived today Wednesday 1/7. A full week for mailing when you exclude the New Years holiday! To recap, here is my timeline:

12/6 CHL Class
12/7 On-line Application
12/7 Uploaded CHL-100/other docs
12/8 Confirmation email
12/12 FAST Fingerprints (out of town for business caused delays in getting prints)
12/30 DPS stated license was mailed
12/31 Status change on DPS website
1/7 Plastic arrived

Not bad in my opinion since I am sure they had to do some extra checks :rules: due to my "history" :coolgleamA: even though I submitted all supporting documentation along with my CHL-100. Time from all paperwork submitted (12/12 was when print were submitted which was the last item) to the status change was 19 days and time to plastic in hand was 26 days.

Here's to those still waiting, may your plastic arrive soon! :cheers2:

metzaballa

Post by metzaballa »

Grisu wrote:I did the FAST Fingerprints. Who did you use for your printing service? Seems that there are a couple of other ones approved to do the work for DPS. Maybe there is a correlation with processing/wait times and the fingerprinting vendor?
I used MorphoTrust USA. It was the closest one to me. My fingerprints were the last thing I did which was on 12/17. I checked the website just now and no status change :banghead: :confused5

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”