"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Echo5iveDelta
Posts in topic: 11

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Echo5iveDelta »

Lloyd-TX wrote:
Dad-gum - that was FAST!
What exactly was fast? My status is unchanged on the DPS Website.
“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I’ll kill you all.”
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, United States Marine Corps

Lloyd-TX
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Lloyd-TX »

Echo5iveDelta wrote:
Lloyd-TX wrote:
Dad-gum - that was FAST!
What exactly was fast? My status is unchanged on the DPS Website.
Oops - I mis-read your post. Sorry 'bout that! :eek6
Regards,
Lloyd C

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

Just go off the phone with the hotline again. According to them, they recieved my form 100 and all documents were good to go, except the form 100 was missig information at the top of the page, so the sent me a notification letter. (Still not recieved) I asked them about my second copies I emailed them 1 werk ago, and I was told that a form 100 was recieved along with an address change note on the 21st of last month. I'm waitingfor another call back, because I though I forgot to fill everyting out, but everythin was filled out correctly. Just calling again to harass them for some more information. Note that one week ago I was informed they had yet to recieve the form 100 or note.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

texasjustice
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texasjustice »

Submitted online application - 9/26/14
Fast - 10/3/2014
Class - 10/10/2014
Uploaded paperwork - 10/10/2014
Status Change (to change address, etc.) - 10/29/2014
Received plastic - 11/04/2014

Fantastic turnaround. :clapping:

XDK

Post by XDK »

Status updated today to where I can report lost license change address ect :) :hurry: :woohoo

joe817
Posts in topic: 57

Post by joe817 »

XDK wrote:Status updated today to where I can report lost license change address ect :) :hurry: :woohoo
Congrats! I'd say you'll get it next Tuesday or Wednesday. :clapping:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Solidlift
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Solidlift »

Plastic arrived today! :patriot:

Online Application: 09/09
Finger Prints: 09/20
Class: 09/21
Uploaded DD214 with all documents: 09/23
Called & found out DPS didn't receive CHL-100: 10/15
Re-submitted CHL-100: 10/15
Status update: 10/31
Plastic Arrived: 11/5
"You Sumbitches couldn't close an umbrella..." - Sheriff Buford T. Justice

flytoride
Posts in topic: 10

Post by flytoride »

Finally have some positive news to post. I called DPS again and they said there was an issue and that my DL photo did not get added to my application and that the application slipped through the cracks. They're going to fix it and said I should have my license in a week or so. :woohoo

Lloyd-TX

Post by Lloyd-TX »

Lloyd-TX wrote:Took my class on October 11, and e-mailed the required docs on Tuesday the 14th. Received back the canned "docs received" e-mail that same day.

Hoping to hear something soon, BUT - as I have been NICS delayed (though NEVER denied) for each and every firearm purchase for the past six years, I'm not holding my breath.
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised - my license arrived with today's mail. Exactly 24 days, start-to-finish.
Going to purchase my carry firearm this weekend - most likely a Ruger LC9s.
Regards,
Lloyd C

XDK

Post by XDK »

Lloyd-TX wrote:
Lloyd-TX wrote:Took my class on October 11, and e-mailed the required docs on Tuesday the 14th. Received back the canned "docs received" e-mail that same day.

Hoping to hear something soon, BUT - as I have been NICS delayed (though NEVER denied) for each and every firearm purchase for the past six years, I'm not holding my breath.
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised - my license arrived with today's mail. Exactly 24 days, start-to-finish.

congrats look at keelyarms.com he typically has the cheapest prices wether local/online i have ever found example

http://www.keelyarms.com/ProductDetails ... e=rug_3226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; rugerlc9 with laser 375

Lloyd-TX

Post by Lloyd-TX »

XDK wrote:
Lloyd-TX wrote:

congrats look at keelyarms.com he typically has the cheapest prices wether local/online i have ever found example

http://www.keelyarms.com/ProductDetails ... e=rug_3226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; rugerlc9 with laser 375
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll check 'em out.
Regards,
Lloyd C

XDK

Post by XDK »

Lloyd-TX wrote:
XDK wrote:
Lloyd-TX wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll check 'em out.

no prob, ordered my sig 1911 tacops from there as it was the cheapest price anywhere and this includes having friends that are FFL dealers at their cost

WhoDat
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WhoDat »

Goy in after a week on the road, and my license was waiting for me! Class taken on Oct 11th, and packet sent in after that. I suspect it arrived on the 3rd, but not 100% sure...

Lloyd-TX

Post by Lloyd-TX »

Lloyd-TX wrote:

Purchased an LC9s from Carroll's Gun Shop in Wharton on Saturday afternoon. Great place to do business. Been dealing with them off-and-on for 35+ years!
Regards,
Lloyd C

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

Talked to Them again today, and they advised me they have no recieved my emails or mailed packets. They gave me an actual email over the phone of one of the managers to get this taken car of. After emailing said person with attatched paperwork, I was emailed back that it has been recieved, and to expect 2/4wks processing. Week six, and looking at possibly getting my plastic after the process of 2-4 weeks, which would be 8-10wks before mailed. :???:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”