May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

treymac
Posts in topic: 11

Re: May 2014

Post by treymac »

Just called TXDPS.…
NO WAIT TIME!!! Answered right away!! When I asked to check my status, the guy was very nice, and said it mailed out on the 7th!! Am I dreaming?! Now I get to wait by the mail box!! :cheers2: :patriot:
class+ app - 5/3/14
fingerprinted - 5/6
sub'd papers via USPS- 5/7
rec'd by TXDPS - 5/13
re-sub'd via email - 6/20
Rec. conf. - 6/23
Called TXDPS - 7/3
Emailed state rep - 7/4
Called, told it mailed - 7/10
In the mailbox- 7/11

CWI
NRA life member

gsansing
Posts in topic: 9

Post by gsansing »

TVGuy wrote:
gsansing wrote:After being hung up on twice intentionally, I contacted my State Senator and Rep yesterday. Tomorrow will be Day 49 for me.
You spoke to someone and they hung up on you? What exactly did you say to them?

For both this go-around and the time I had a CHL before I encountered nothing but professionalism form anyone I ever spoke with at DPS. It's not the best process ever and they can't always give you an answer because of that, but they were nice at least.

Nothing more than holding the State accountable. She tried to give me the run around of not having paperwork or application. She became rude/annoyed/putout with me and hung up the first time when I advised her of my paperwork being emailed and sent via signature required mail. I waited about 20 minutes to call back, hoping to get another operator, low and behold...same one. When I identified myself on the phone, I was told by her that she had already told me my status and then hung up again.
My wife says I'm a gun snob.... I'm okay with that.
Life is too short to own cheap guns...
NRA Member / TSRA Member

mr1337
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mr1337 »

I'm almost out of here! Got a call from DPS today saying my CHL is being printed. 62 days since I sent in my materials. I think it also helped that I called my state reps yesterday. I'm in Austin, so it shouldn't be long before I have my plastic!

:txflag:
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

sly817
Posts in topic: 14

Post by sly817 »

I just called and they told me they received all my documents and just waiting for background check to finish which should be by next week he said. He told me the Web site has been pulled down for upgrading which is why I have no status update still. I'm at 58 days now since my documents were delivered by usps.
04/24/14 - Application Submitted
04/28/14 - Finger Prints
05/10/14 - Class Completion
05/12/14 - Mailed Via USPS
05/14/14 - Delivered Via USPS
07/31/14 - Status Change Allowing Change of Address ad Report Lost or Stolen Card

treymac
Posts in topic: 11

Post by treymac »

Got home from work, and plastic was in the mail box!! Guess the new "change address" screen does mean it's on its way! There is light at the end of the tunnel it seems! :woohoo :patriot: :thewave :anamatedbanana :txflag: :cheers2: :woohoo
class+ app - 5/3/14
fingerprinted - 5/6
sub'd papers via USPS- 5/7
rec'd by TXDPS - 5/13
re-sub'd via email - 6/20
Rec. conf. - 6/23
Called TXDPS - 7/3
Emailed state rep - 7/4
Called, told it mailed - 7/10
In the mailbox- 7/11

CWI
NRA life member

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Pluto »

treymac wrote:Got home from work, and plastic was in the mail box!! Guess the new "change address" screen does mean it's on its way! There is light at the end of the tunnel it seems! :woohoo :patriot: :thewave :anamatedbanana :txflag: :cheers2: :woohoo
Congrats...frustrating considering they received your stuff a day after mine...and my girlfriends already has the 'status' update...I called today and asked what the deal was and they said it's still in background check, but the guy was nice enough to look further into it and he said they aren't requesting any more info and that they would have by now...he just basically told me to be patient..I guess it's all I can do...onto day 62

UndyingShadow
Posts in topic: 4

Post by UndyingShadow »

After basically giving up for a while when they removed the status screen I randomly checked my login and saw that my options had changed to allow changing address, etc. Then when I got home yesterday and checked my mail, there was my plastic. Ugh, glad the wait is over.
5/13/14 - Submitted online app.
5/15/14 - Fingerprints
5/17/14 - Class
5/18/14 - Submitted CHL-100 & checklist
7/11/14 - Got Plastic

55 days not including national holidays.

l8apex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by l8apex »

Hi All,

My first post and I hope I can cheer up some of you here -

Took class May 12
Got fingerprints taken and submitted data electronically May 15
Received CHL today July 12

That's 58 days with no status checking on my part!

jmra
Posts in topic: 42

Post by jmra »

l8apex wrote:Hi All,

My first post and I hope I can cheer up some of you here -

Took class May 12
Got fingerprints taken and submitted data electronically May 15
Received CHL today July 12

That's 58 days with no status checking on my part!
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Texlapua
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texlapua »

Have hope and call your state rep if over 60 days from verified receipt by DPS. I had registered mail receipt of all information on May 10th. Repeated attempts by phone and email were unsuccessful. My status changed to no status update 5 days ago. I called my state rep and they contacted dps and told me that my license was being processed and would revive it within a week or so. This was July 9th. I received my license on July 12th. Rep told me that they were extremely back logged but I am convinced the questioning status from your elected officials move your approval up the que.

:patriot: :thewave

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

Texlapua wrote:Have hope and call your state rep if over 60 days from verified receipt by DPS. I had registered mail receipt of all information on May 10th. Repeated attempts by phone and email were unsuccessful. My status changed to no status update 5 days ago. I called my state rep and they contacted dps and told me that my license was being processed and would revive it within a week or so. This was July 9th. I received my license on July 12th. Rep told me that they were extremely back logged but I am convinced the questioning status from your elected officials move your approval up the que.

:patriot: :thewave
Congrats and welcome to the forum!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Come on week 10 bring me some luck! I really hope I get out of background check this week....and as much as I've enjoyed chatting with you guys I hope I get out of the waiting room by week 11
Last edited by Pluto on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

Pluto wrote:Come one week 10 bring me some luck! I really hope I get out of background check this week....and as much as I've enjoyed chatting with you guys I hope I get out of the waiting room by week 11
I don't blame you. I wish you luck!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

CoolBreeze wrote:
Pluto wrote:Come one week 10 bring me some luck! I really hope I get out of background check this week....and as much as I've enjoyed chatting with you guys I hope I get out of the waiting room by week 11
I don't blame you. I wish you luck!
I really hope it's not much longer...my girlfriend submitted the same exact time and hers is on the way

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”