May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

gsansing
Posts in topic: 9

Re: May 2014

Post by gsansing »

After being hung up on twice intentionally, I contacted my State Senator and Rep yesterday. Tomorrow will be Day 49 for me.
My wife says I'm a gun snob.... I'm okay with that.
Life is too short to own cheap guns...
NRA Member / TSRA Member

oneeyebear
Posts in topic: 10

Post by oneeyebear »

oneeyebear wrote:EDITED 7/10/2014
Same dates for both Wife and I.
Completed online CHL application: 5/6/2014
Completed fingerprinting: 5/9/2014
Completed CHL class: 5/10/2014
Completed and Mailed all required documents via USPS: 5/10/2014

[strike]No updates so far. I am going to try and just not think about it for a couple of months.[/strike]

Contacted State Representative via email: 7/5/2014
Received Phone Call From DPS: 7/8/2014
Received CHL: 7/10/2014
Wife and I both just received CHL in the mail today 7/10/2014. Day 58! :rolll :party: :patriot: :txflag: :thewave :fire

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 12

Post by TVGuy »

gsansing wrote:After being hung up on twice intentionally, I contacted my State Senator and Rep yesterday. Tomorrow will be Day 49 for me.
You spoke to someone and they hung up on you? What exactly did you say to them?

For both this go-around and the time I had a CHL before I encountered nothing but professionalism form anyone I ever spoke with at DPS. It's not the best process ever and they can't always give you an answer because of that, but they were nice at least.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

oneeyebear wrote:
oneeyebear wrote:EDITED 7/10/2014
Same dates for both Wife and I.
Completed online CHL application: 5/6/2014
Completed fingerprinting: 5/9/2014
Completed CHL class: 5/10/2014
Completed and Mailed all required documents via USPS: 5/10/2014

[strike]No updates so far. I am going to try and just not think about it for a couple of months.[/strike]

Contacted State Representative via email: 7/5/2014
Received Phone Call From DPS: 7/8/2014
Received CHL: 7/10/2014
Wife and I both just received CHL in the mail today 7/10/2014. Day 58! :rolll :party: :patriot: :txflag: :thewave :fire
Congrats!

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Pluto »

As if waiting couldn't get any worse...my girlfriend (which submitted exactly the same time I did) just got her little bullet options when she signs in...and I don't have mine. The wait continues...

slr001
Posts in topic: 34

Post by slr001 »

TVGuy wrote:
gsansing wrote:After being hung up on twice intentionally, I contacted my State Senator and Rep yesterday. Tomorrow will be Day 49 for me.

For both this go-around and the time I had a CHL before I encountered nothing but professionalism form anyone I ever spoke with at DPS. It's not the best process ever and they can't always give you an answer because of that, but they were nice at least.
I was hung up on when I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Earlier in the call she told me I hadn't sent in the paperwork. When I told her I had and I knew they had it she put me on hold for 20 sec and came back and had mysteriously found my paperwork. She told me the 60 day clock started now because she just got the paperwork (I was already at 60 days). That is when I asked for a supervisor and got hung up on.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Pluto wrote:As if waiting couldn't get any worse...my girlfriend (which submitted exactly the same time I did) just got her little bullet options when she signs in...and I don't have mine. The wait continues...
Soon, Pluto. Soon. My wife's status changed 2 days before mine and they were sent and received the same day.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

slr001 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:

I was hung up on when I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Earlier in the call she told me I hadn't sent in the paperwork. When I told her I had and I knew they had it she put me on hold for 20 sec and came back and had mysteriously found my paperwork. She told me the 60 day clock started now because she just got the paperwork (I was already at 60 days). That is when I asked for a supervisor and got hung up on.
Wow, sorry to hear that. Sounds like you did the right thing. Hopefully it gets processed soon!

Chetter818
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Chetter818 »

CHL was in the mailbox yesterday. DPS recieved my certificate and CHL 100 on 5/7/14. 63 days from mailbox to mailbox. I also was hung up on in 2 different phone calls with DPS during my wait period as well.
" Nothin To It But To Do It"

Chet

interesting10

Post by interesting10 »

Which state rep in the Houston area would you reach out to for help?
Interesting10

slr001
Posts in topic: 34

Post by slr001 »

interesting10 wrote:Which state rep in the Houston area would you reach out to for help?
This will help you find out.

http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/fi ... sentative/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

koine2002 wrote:
koine2002 wrote:Online Application Submitted: May 13
Fingerprints: May 15
CHL Class: May 17
Range Qualifation: May 19
Checklist and CHL-100 E-Mailed: May 19-early afternoon
Received confirmation or resubmitted documents: June 30-late afternoon

Waiting has commenced.
Also:
Wrote Dan Branch advising him of very inconsistent process based on this thread: June 24
Resubmitted Documents Electornically: June 30-late morning
Received confirmation or resubmitted documents: June 30-late afternoon

I wrote to Rep. Branch well before 60 days as I was alarmed at the fact that folks dating back to February were still in the black hole but all sorts of folks who began in June were getting their licenses in record time. I did not ask for help on my own case. This indicated some sort of a process failure to me. I'm a theology professor (Greek and New Testament) now, but I used to be in management and did my undergrad in manufacturing engineering. I can recognize poor process flow and design rather easily. :rules:

Anyway, I logged in today and I now have the options to change residential address, change contact information, change mailing address, report lost license, report stolen license. It it holds true to what I've been seeing the last two weeks, it means it's been issued and either being printed or already on the way! :anamatedbanana
Congrats! :tiphat:
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

joppaknox
Posts in topic: 7

Post by joppaknox »

well finally got ahold of a helpful gentleman. I am now in background check. I should have it next week. He said they are severely backlogged. Wow, and people think more government is the answer :roll:

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

joppaknox wrote:well finally got ahold of a helpful gentleman. I am now in background check. I should have it next week. He said they are severely backlogged. Wow, and people think more government is the answer :roll:
Don't be surprised if it takes 2. If there are any questions in your background (not saying there are) you will receive a letter in the (snail) mail in around a week asking for clarification.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”