Texas.gov online status check

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TexasNativeDRJH
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Texas.gov online status check

Post by TexasNativeDRJH »

The last update I saw was "waiting for required materials" which is frustrating because it makes it seem like you made a mistake and they have incomplete packets.

5/5/14 class taken
5/14/14 application submitted online
No more status updates...

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 20

Post by CoolBreeze »

TexasNativeDRJH wrote:The last update I saw was "waiting for required materials" which is frustrating because it makes it seem like you made a mistake and they have incomplete packets.

5/5/14 class taken
5/14/14 application submitted online
No more status updates...
Unfortunately it was like that for everyone. You had to just sit and wait. It was taking 45-55 days on average before it gave a 1st update showing you what they had received and what was in progress. From what I understand they took away the status updates because people complained they were not keeping it updated enough. Apparently speeding up the process and keeping it updated were not an option. :smash:
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TomsTXCHL »

It is highly likely that the "status update" page required separate tinkering vs. the normal steps they'd go through for keeping track of progress. So I wouldn't blame them for taking it down--not only would updating those pages make for extra work, but then having unhappy citizens calling them to complain just added to it.

Hopefully the DPS is redesigning their process and/or database system to provide the same "here's where we are in the process" screens to both DPS reps and outside applicants.

Texguy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Texguy »

When I checked the screen that used to show application status this morning, it displayed links to change personal info and to report a lost or stolen license. It didn't show those yesterday. Is everyone seeing this? ... or is my license issued and on the way!!!

class 6/14
fingerprinted 6/17
mailed docs 6/17
under review 6/25

oneeyebear

Post by oneeyebear »

Mine still is blank. I never thought I would miss the waiting on materials message so much.

shrek

Post by shrek »

Texguy

I just check mine and have the same options.

I called dps Monday and was told it was mailed so I think you are right that they issued your chl.

Congrats I am hoping I get mine before the holiday weekend.

DBubba
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DBubba »

Just checked and my status had changed to the new options as well. Just called DPS and nice lady said mine was completed 7/1 and to expect license in mail within 7-10 days. Btw phone wait was 5 min.

EnigmaEvo8

Post by EnigmaEvo8 »

Sounds like that's the new way for us to know it's been completed and mailed, when we see the options for updating or changing our address on file.
Online Application 4/29/14 Fingerprints 5/5/14
CHL Class 5/31/14 Documents E-Mailed 5/31/14
Documents received confirmation 6/2/14
CHL in hand 7/17/14

Texguy

Post by Texguy »

EnigmaEvo8, hope you're right!

DBubba, when did they get all of your docs?

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mtnthundr2 »

My husbands shows this newer update/options as well today, where yesterday is was blank on that right side of the screen! Hopefully it means its been mailed!!
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

DBubba
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DBubba »

Texguy wrote:EnigmaEvo8, hope you're right!

DBubba, when did they get all of your docs?

Class 6/11
Online registration 6/12
Finger prints 6/18

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

DBubba wrote:Just checked and my status had changed to the new options as well. Just called DPS and nice lady said mine was completed 7/1 and to expect license in mail within 7-10 days. Btw phone wait was 5 min.
Welcome to the forum. Congrats!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

synsei
Posts in topic: 7

Post by synsei »

6/21 CHL class completed
6/26 FAST fingerprints completed | Application submitted electronically | RSD Confirmation email received
6/27 "Waiting for required materials" message on the website
7/1 No status | Used email form to request a status check and confirm all was copacetic | Response pending
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."- John Stuart Mill

jeffdick

Post by jeffdick »

Texguy wrote:When I checked the screen that used to show application status this morning, it displayed links to change personal info and to report a lost or stolen license. It didn't show those yesterday. Is everyone seeing this? ... or is my license issued and on the way!!!

class 6/14
fingerprinted 6/17
mailed docs 6/17
under review 6/25

Makes no sense. I uploaded all my documents and received conformation email on 5/19 and still nothing!
Submitted all documets - 5/19

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

synsei wrote:6/21 CHL class completed
6/26 FAST fingerprints completed | Application submitted electronically | RSD Confirmation email received
6/27 "Waiting for required materials" message on the website
7/1 No status | Used email form to request a status check and confirm all was copacetic | Response pending
Welcome to the forum.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”