"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by mtnthundr2 »

flash1 wrote:4/26 Electronically sent in packet.
4/28 Acknowleged receipt by Austin.
5/2. Advised by instructor that he had entered the wrong instructor number in the form 100.
5/3. Picked up corrected form 100 and electronically sent to Austin.
5/5. Acknowleged reciept by Austin.
6/23 Recieved letter from Austin stating the instructor number on form 100 was not correct.
6/23 Called Austin and spoke to a lady who checked and found the corrected form 100. She stated that the corrected form was indeed received by them on 5/3. She further stated that the the update would be reflected on the check list in two weeks and at that time, I would have my license in 6 to 8 weeks! I stated that I have already been waiting 8 weeks. She said she was aware of that. I thanked her for her time and hung up. It looks like I have been placed back in the bottom of the stack...again. :cryin
Oh nooooo, how frustrating!! :blowup ..... maybe ....just maybeeeee she'll have a change of heart and move it to the front of the line and you'll have it in a couple weeks! I've read other stories here that people were told to prepare for many more weeks of waiting only to see an update sooner than expected ....it could happen. Good luck!
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

slr001

Post by slr001 »

5/2. Advised by instructor that he had entered the wrong instructor number in the form 100.
6/23 Recieved letter from Austin stating the instructor number on form 100 was not correct.
6/23 Called Austin and spoke to a lady who checked and found the corrected form 100. She stated that the corrected form was indeed received by them on 5/3. She further stated that the the update would be reflected on the check list in two weeks and at that time, I would have my license in 6 to 8 weeks! I stated that I have already been waiting 8 weeks. She said she was aware of that. I thanked her for her time and hung up. It looks like I have been placed back in the bottom of the stack...again. :cryin
Wow...

Total lack of competence in that office. You run any kind of business in the private sector like this. You would go under inside of 6 months.

flash1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flash1 »

Hind sight being 20/20 I would have been better off resubmitting the whole packet with corrected form 100.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 10

Post by CoolBreeze »

Sorry to hear about the issues. Welcome to the forum.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

flash1

Post by flash1 »

Spoke to a great gentleman today. He had me e-mail the form 100 to him personally. He stated that the process will get moving and the license should be printed and mailed next week. My hat is off to this gentleman.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

flash1 wrote:Spoke to a great gentleman today. He had me e-mail the form 100 to him personally. He stated that the process will get moving and the license should be printed and mailed next week. My hat is off to this gentleman.
Keep after them.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

stephen5150

Post by stephen5150 »

Well to say I am frustrated is putting it lightly. I am a former CHL holder who did the VERY stupid thing of letting my license expire and did not renew it for quite a few years. Well when the law changed I decided in January to go through the course again so I can carry. I took class in mid January & everything got submitted to DPS on 27/28th of January. I confirmed after one month that DPS had all documents. Have an email back from a customer relations indidual stating so. Every month I check status with no change. We're going over 5 months now. And now when I check status there is no feed back at all. And of course there is no way to call or even directly email. 1-2 months I get. But 6 months..... :banghead:

stephen5150

Post by stephen5150 »

well amazingly... I just got thru on the phone. I am in Q holding. Wait time 37 minutes. I can deal with that. :clapping:

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

stephen5150 wrote:well amazingly... I just got thru on the phone. I am in Q holding. Wait time 37 minutes. I can deal with that. :clapping:
Welcome to the forum. I understand your frustration. I would wait and see what they say on the phone. The hold is well worth it in my opinion. Like I have stated to others: If it was me I would give them a chance to correct the issue. I would not argue but I would be firm with them. If you don't get the answer you want I would contact my Senator or State Rep and let them know about the situation. At 6 months you are well past due.

flash1

Post by flash1 »

CoolBreeze wrote:
flash1 wrote:Spoke to a great gentleman today. He had me e-mail the form 100 to him personally. He stated that the process will get moving and the license should be printed and mailed next week. My hat is off to this gentleman.
Keep after them.
7/5/2014. Received my license in the mail today. 9 weeks and 5 days after original submission.

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Post by jmra »

flash1 wrote:
CoolBreeze wrote:
Keep after them.
7/5/2014. Received my license in the mail today. 9 weeks and 5 days after original submission.
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

flash1 wrote:
CoolBreeze wrote:
Keep after them.
Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Chityworker

Post by Chityworker »

3 week renewal. The Concealed Handgun Licensing website is under construction. When you are allowed to report a license stolen, change address, etc; license is on the way.

John Connor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Connor »

Figure I'll make my first post here in the waiting room
Class 4/20/2014
paperwork fingerprints mailed 4/23/2014
Approved 7/10/2014
Waiting on plastic....I hate this game with I had cheat codes lol

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 5