March 2014 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Xds1981
Posts in topic: 10

Re: March 2014 Applications

Post by Xds1981 »

Updated to mailed today!!!!! :cheers2: :anamatedbanana

asbandr
Posts in topic: 24

Post by asbandr »

Still in background check under review. I do not understand why it takes so long for someone who has never done anything.
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

jdowpcs
Posts in topic: 10

Post by jdowpcs »

Still no first update here. Snail mailed my app Mar 25th, arrived in Austin on the 27th.

berettaslim
Posts in topic: 11

Post by berettaslim »

Well thought this morning my online status would change being that my CHL packet was received on Mar 20 and other folks who sent in around same time received updates online. No update! So I called just now and rep said mine was received and in line to be processed in and it should update by tomorrow. We will see. :rules:

texas_suzie
Posts in topic: 8

Post by texas_suzie »

Yea! Updated status!

License Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress. Show receipt

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

:anamatedbanana
5/29/2014 - CHL received!

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by spongeworthy »

texas_suzie wrote:Yea! Updated status!

Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

:anamatedbanana
Nice! Mine updated to Under Review today as well.

berettaslim

Post by berettaslim »

Finally......status updated online. :thewave
The rep I spoke with on Friday morning said it would update this morning. CHL packet received by mail on 3/20.

arthur
Posts in topic: 2

Post by arthur »

arthur wrote:Hello to everybody. I have really never been a posting guy in any kind of forum. However I have extensively been stocking the waiting room ever since I applied for my CHL and have been daily checking for a CHL update as if my application was going to be any different of everybody's else and have an update sooner than the rest. Well I have to tell you guys that it wasn't..... :???:

However I am still happy that after 40 long days after I sent all my paperwork I finally received my 1st update and I really felt I needed to post to give hope to the rest of the guys like me hoping to find out how soon is their application going to be reviewed.

I sent by email the hole package on Saturday March 1st
I received the confirmation about having received my documents on Monday March 3rd
I made the obligated phone call to CHL on Friday March 29
I received the 1st confirmation of Background Check under review on Thursday April 10

So that makes it 40 days for my 1st update. Will advise when the license is Mailed/Received.

:cheers2:
So after 3 weeks of being under background check review I was finally updated as License Manufacturing yesterday and today it already appeared as License MAILED ! ! !

So it should not take too long for the Wally Walk.

My total time 62 days after sending all the paperwork and exactly 60 days from when they acknowledge receipt of documents by email. PLUS mailing time.

:clapping: :cheers2: :anamatedbanana :hurry:

jmra
Posts in topic: 57

Post by jmra »

arthur wrote:
arthur wrote:Hello to everybody. I have really never been a posting guy in any kind of forum. However I have extensively been stocking the waiting room ever since I applied for my CHL and have been daily checking for a CHL update as if my application was going to be any different of everybody's else and have an update sooner than the rest. Well I have to tell you guys that it wasn't..... :???:

However I am still happy that after 40 long days after I sent all my paperwork I finally received my 1st update and I really felt I needed to post to give hope to the rest of the guys like me hoping to find out how soon is their application going to be reviewed.

I sent by email the hole package on Saturday March 1st
I received the confirmation about having received my documents on Monday March 3rd
I made the obligated phone call to CHL on Friday March 29
I received the 1st confirmation of Background Check under review on Thursday April 10

So that makes it 40 days for my 1st update. Will advise when the license is Mailed/Received.

:cheers2:
So after 3 weeks of being under background check review I was finally updated as License Manufacturing yesterday and today it already appeared as License MAILED ! ! !

So it should not take too long for the Wally Walk.

My total time 62 days after sending all the paperwork and exactly 60 days from when they acknowledge receipt of documents by email. PLUS mailing time.

:clapping: :cheers2: :anamatedbanana :hurry:
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by spongeworthy »

Background approved today after initial update yesterday. Manufacture pending. I should have done this long before my Georgia CCL expired.

JR Texas

Post by JR Texas »

spongeworthy wrote:Background approved today after initial update yesterday. Manufacture pending. I should have done this long before my Georgia CCL expired.
Congrats, that was quick. I am still waiting for my background and fingerprints...

asbandr

Post by asbandr »

I'm still in background review. Since Tuesday. Ugh. They don't ever update in the middle of the day right? Just once a day?
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

texas_suzie
Posts in topic: 8

Post by texas_suzie »

spongeworthy wrote:Background approved today after initial update yesterday. Manufacture pending. I should have done this long before my Georgia CCL expired.
Wow, that was quick! Mine has no change. Still waiting background check.
5/29/2014 - CHL received!

tk1700
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tk1700 »

Mine is still background check under review. Has been since Apr 29. Someday.....

asbandr

Post by asbandr »

Woohoo! Background check complete! Manufacturing! Finally getting somewhere. :hurry:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”