February 2014 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

martytcp
Posts in topic: 9

Re: February 2014 Applications

Post by martytcp »

Went to the mailbox today and had a really nice surprise from Texas DPS. Glad this little piece of plastic has finally arrived.
I will be out walkin somewhere today !! :txflag:

jmra
Posts in topic: 55

Post by jmra »

martytcp wrote:Went to the mailbox today and had a really nice surprise from Texas DPS. Glad this little piece of plastic has finally arrived.
I will be out walkin somewhere today !! :txflag:
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TJStephens11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TJStephens11 »

Just joined the site and I was looking to find out how long this process was taking for everyone. I applied on Feb 9, 2014 and received the email saying my packet was received on the 10th. Since then there has been absolutely no change to my status. It is getting to be ridiculous. Anyone out there still waiting from an early Feb submission. I am seeing several people applying later in the month and receiving them already.

patterson
Posts in topic: 58

Post by patterson »

TJStephens11 wrote:Just joined the site and I was looking to find out how long this process was taking for everyone. I applied on Feb 9, 2014 and received the email saying my packet was received on the 10th. Since then there has been absolutely no change to my status. It is getting to be ridiculous. Anyone out there still waiting from an early Feb submission. I am seeing several people applying later in the month and receiving them already.
I believe I mailed paperwork on feb 12th and didn't get first update for 43 days which was manufacture pending then day 44 it changed to mailed and day 50 got plastic in the mail.If you lived in a bunch of places overall several years it could be the reason why yours may be taking longer but its just a guess

patterson
Posts in topic: 58

Post by patterson »

I have read posts where some people that emailed paper work had to resubmit Iam glad I mailed mine

hotboyjonesy
Posts in topic: 10

Post by hotboyjonesy »

TJStephens11 wrote:Just joined the site and I was looking to find out how long this process was taking for everyone. I applied on Feb 9, 2014 and received the email saying my packet was received on the 10th. Since then there has been absolutely no change to my status. It is getting to be ridiculous. Anyone out there still waiting from an early Feb submission. I am seeing several people applying later in the month and receiving them already.
I received the email stating "my information was received at DPS"...that was on 4 Feb. I'm at about day 83 right now and still don't even have a status change. It's definately a waiting game. :txflag:

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 65

Post by CoolBreeze »

Welcome to the forum
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

hotboyjonesy wrote:
I received the email stating "my information was received at DPS"...that was on 4 Feb. I'm at about day 83 right now and still don't even have a status change. It's definately a waiting game. :txflag:
Both of you may want to give them a call. At least make sure they truly have all of your information. It is a long hold time IF you can get through. If there is a problem they should send you a letter (snail mail) stating they were missing documents or what the problem is with your application.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

jmra

Post by jmra »

hotboyjonesy wrote:
Call your state representative.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

jmra wrote:
hotboyjonesy wrote:
Call your state representative.
:iagree: That is also an option.

TJStephens11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TJStephens11 »

I have contacted their offices and was informed that they "will not check my file until it has been at least 90 days." Very helpful to say the least.

jmra

Post by jmra »

TJStephens11 wrote:I have contacted their offices and was informed that they "will not check my file until it has been at least 90 days." Very helpful to say the least.
Then I would call them back on day 90.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

sille777
Posts in topic: 11

Post by sille777 »

Still waiting :mad5 :drool: :mad5 :waiting:

Today is a total wait of 61 Days.

It has been 9 days since I the uploaded corrected documents have been received.
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
TAP - RACK - BANG
Will Work For AMMO!!! :patriot:
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

williebones
Posts in topic: 3

Post by williebones »

Mailed paperwork on Feb 26th and received on the 28th.
Status finally updated earlier this week to pending fingerprints and background.
Hopefully I'll have my license by the end of the month. :txflag:

Wife submitted hers on the same time and her fingerprints have already been reviewed.

sille777
Posts in topic: 11

Post by sille777 »

Today around 9am as per my usual daily routine, I check the dps for my latest status.
Knowing for sure it would result in :banghead:

However there was a SURPRIZE!!! :eek6
I had to check a second time!!

:thewave
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
:clapping: :clapping:
:rolll :rolll
:thewave

There is much Rejoicing!!
The Time Line:

Feb. 22 Took class
Feb. 27 Fingerprints
Feb. 28 Mailed Documents (Snail Mail)
Apr. 15 1st. Status Change CHL-100 NOT RECIEVED (it was but it was missing info)
Apr. 18 Resubmitted Corrected CHL-100 (electronically)
Apr. 21 E-mail received saying upload was successfull
May 6 TODAY - All Green Lights License is Manufacturing Pending!

:cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:
:hurry: :hurry: :hurry:

Good Luck to all who are still :totap: :waiting:
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-05-06-09-03-45.png
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
TAP - RACK - BANG
Will Work For AMMO!!! :patriot:
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”