March 2014 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Xds1981
Posts in topic: 10

Re: March 2014 Applications

Post by Xds1981 »

First update today!!!!! 40 days :thumbs2: :woohoo

asbandr
Posts in topic: 24

Post by asbandr »

It feels good to know someone in our group has gotten an update! I'm a ways behind you but hope I get an update by the end of the month. For now I'll continue making another holster and mag clip and wearing my gun around the house to figure out how I carry best.
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

duboseaw
Posts in topic: 26

Post by duboseaw »

Xds1981 wrote:First update today!!!!! 40 days :thumbs2: :woohoo
Congrats! I'm on day 31. Hoping to see an update in the very near future.
Some people see it as a shooting range. I see it as a Second Amendment theme park.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

Xds1981 wrote:First update today!!!!! 40 days :thumbs2: :woohoo
Awesome! Congrats!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

eff_vee
Posts in topic: 3

Post by eff_vee »

I got my plastic in the mail today!!! Sweet :txflag:

It was 40 days for me from post box to post box. Feb 28 to April 9.

I mailed my complete application - after getting fingerprints and everything - on Feb 28. I had requested for a receipt as proof of delivery - it was accepted on March 3. There was no status update till two days ago. The first (and only) status update was that all documents and background check is complete and CHL has been mailed.

Good luck to everyone.

jmra
Posts in topic: 57

Post by jmra »

eff_vee wrote:I got my plastic in the mail today!!! Sweet :txflag:

I mailed my complete application - after getting fingerprints and everything - on Feb 28. I had requested for a receipt as proof of delivery - it was accepted on March 3. There was no status update till two days ago. The first (and only) status update was that all documents and background check is complete and CHL has been mailed.

Good luck to everyone.
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

eff_vee wrote:I got my plastic in the mail today!!! Sweet :txflag:

Good luck to everyone.
Awesome!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

asbandr
Posts in topic: 24

Post by asbandr »

Congrats! Hopefully we will all start seeing some activity soon!
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

bordergunner

Post by bordergunner »

Application updated today :cheers2: All materials received by DPS on March 3rd...day 37 for update.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 6.49.04 AM.png

Steamboat
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Steamboat »

I'm glad to see some activity with this thread now. I went ahead and called yesterday to see if I could get any kind of update. The gentleman I talked to could not give me anymore info other than what is stated on the website. He did tell me that they were now starting to work on applications submitted the last of February and first of March.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

duboseaw

Post by duboseaw »

Steamboat wrote:I'm glad to see some activity with this thread now. I went ahead and called yesterday to see if I could get any kind of update. The gentleman I talked to could not give me anymore info other than what is stated on the website. He did tell me that they were now starting to work on applications submitted the last of February and first of March.
Awesome! I sent in all my paperwork on March 8 via the website and got receipt confirmation soon thereafter. I hope to see an update soon and hope you do as well.
Some people see it as a shooting range. I see it as a Second Amendment theme park.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

bordergunner wrote:Application updated today :cheers2: All materials received by DPS on March 3rd...day 37 for update.
Awesome! Congrats!

arthur
Posts in topic: 2

Post by arthur »

Hello to everybody. I have really never been a posting guy in any kind of forum. However I have extensively been stocking the waiting room ever since I applied for my CHL and have been daily checking for a CHL update as if my application was going to be any different of everybody's else and have an update sooner than the rest. Well I have to tell you guys that it wasn't..... :???:

However I am still happy that after 40 long days after I sent all my paperwork I finally received my 1st update and I really felt I needed to post to give hope to the rest of the guys like me hoping to find out how soon is their application going to be reviewed.

I sent by email the hole package on Saturday March 1st
I received the confirmation about having received my documents on Monday March 3rd
I made the obligated phone call to CHL on Friday March 29
I received the 1st confirmation of Background Check under review on Thursday April 10

So that makes it 40 days for my 1st update. Will advise when the license is Mailed/Received.

:cheers2:

BSL-4

Post by BSL-4 »

arthur wrote:Hello to everybody. I have really never been a posting guy in any kind of forum. However I have extensively been stocking the waiting room ever since I applied for my CHL and have been daily checking for a CHL update as if my application was going to be any different of everybody's else and have an update sooner than the rest. Well I have to tell you guys that it wasn't..... :???:

However I am still happy that after 40 long days after I sent all my paperwork I finally received my 1st update and I really felt I needed to post to give hope to the rest of the guys like me hoping to find out how soon is their application going to be reviewed.

I received the confirmation about having received my documents on Monday March 3rd
I received the 1st confirmation of Background Check under review on Thursday April 10

So that makes it 40 days for my 1st update. Will advise when the license is Mailed/Received.

Congrats!

duboseaw

Post by duboseaw »

arthur wrote:Hello to everybody. I have really never been a posting guy in any kind of forum. However I have extensively been stocking the waiting room ever since I applied for my CHL and have been daily checking for a CHL update as if my application was going to be any different of everybody's else and have an update sooner than the rest. Well I have to tell you guys that it wasn't..... :???:

40 seems to be the magic first update number for a lot of people. I'm approaching 40 in a few days. Hopefully I'll see something soon. Congrats!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”