"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

patterson
Posts in topic: 7

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by patterson »

patterson wrote:I didn't send photo because when I had fingerprints done the took picture
sorry I meant they took picture

Weirded
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Weirded »

I didn't send a photo because I was told they would use my DL photo.

Will B.

Proud owner of a Tristar C100 and a S&W .38 Bodyguard. For now, at least......
Proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment. Always
NRA Life Member

garywc1010
Posts in topic: 2

Post by garywc1010 »

No need to send a pic.

They took one when they did fingerprints. Not sure if they will use that or drivers license photo but I didn't send one and not a problem. Mine is in the mail

Weirded
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Weirded »

Mine is in the mail as well. They did take a photo at fingerprint time but, going by my mom and dad's chl that they received late last year, theirs had their DL photo on it for some reason.

Will B.

Proud owner of a Tristar C100 and a S&W .38 Bodyguard. For now, at least......
Proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment. Always
NRA Life Member

BSL-4
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BSL-4 »

The person who processed my fingerprints told me the photo they took went with the fingerprints (so they know what the person looked like), but the CHL would use your DL photo.

*Edited to add: My CHL came today and it has my DL photo.
Last edited by BSL-4 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sonoftherepublic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sonoftherepublic »

This is my first post. I am a first time applicant for Texas CHL. My paperwork was sent in on Feb. 27th. I called today to make sure my paperwork was received and was told I was 95% of the way through the background check. There is still no update on the website that they have even received my materials. The person I spoke with was a man named Rene who was very professional.

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Post by jmra »

sonoftherepublic wrote:This is my first post. I am a first time applicant for Texas CHL. My paperwork was sent in on Feb. 27th. I called today to make sure my paperwork was received and was told I was 95% of the way through the background check. There is still no update on the website that they have even received my materials. The person I spoke with was a man named Rene who was very professional.
Welcome to the forum.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

patterson

Post by patterson »

hope to be out of waiting room soon as my status is manufacture pending

drummer21
Posts in topic: 1

Post by drummer21 »

I submitted everything need for the CHL since November 2013 and it has been over 5 months and I have not heard anything from them.
I dont have any kind of bad record. I dont understand why is taking forever.

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Post by jmra »

drummer21 wrote:I submitted everything need for the CHL since November 2013 and it has been over 5 months and I have not heard anything from them.
Welcome to the forum. Have you called them?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TomsTXCHL »

drummer21 wrote:I submitted everything need for the CHL since November 2013 and it has been over 5 months and I have not heard anything from them.
I've got you beat. I submitted in October, contacted them 3 times and was assured each time my application was OK and was being "escalated to a supervisor for handling" and there have been no updates since the original update in early January.

patterson

Post by patterson »

finally received plastic on day 50

ProsperTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ProsperTX »

My app status shows "Background Check: Under Review" for roughly 3 weeks now. My wife's app went through (we submitted same day) the background check review real fast. She's had plastic in hand for over a week now. I've tried calling, but the recording says they're too busy to answer calls and hangs up. I've sent multiple emails with 0 response. Is there a different number than the (512) 424-7293 I see on the web site? Obviously I'm frustrated....just want to know what the hold-up is. I'm not a fan of having my personal info sitting on some desk or being floated around a bunch of offices in limbo.

patterson

Post by patterson »

I emailed them a few weeks ago just to make sure they received the required materials because site wasn't updating just stayed on waiting on required materials then finally my first update was manufacture pending and the next day mailed then 3 days after that after all the time that had went by they emailed saying that my license had been mailed

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TomsTXCHL »

ProsperTX wrote:My app status shows "Background Check: Under Review" for roughly 3 weeks now. My wife's app went through (we submitted same day) the background check review real fast. She's had plastic in hand for over a week now. I've tried calling, but the recording says they're too busy to answer calls and hangs up. I've sent multiple emails with 0 response. Is there a different number than the (512) 424-7293 I see on the web site? Obviously I'm frustrated....just want to know what the hold-up is. I'm not a fan of having my personal info sitting on some desk or being floated around a bunch of offices in limbo.
Mine has said that for 3 MONTHS!

Your best (only?) bet is to keep trying that phone number, at different times of the day, and then to get a human being on the line that can look at your record and tell you if anything's missing or broken. Assuming you get someone who tries to help, try also to get that person's direct email address--then at least you have someone to copy on correspondence who might help to "shake the trees" over there.

Honestly, in my experience anyway, your status saying "Background Check: Under Review" is meaningless as mine said that from the very first update when they weren't yet in a position to do a "Background Check at all.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”