"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

N2rock
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by N2rock »

grnamin wrote:If you've hit at least 60 days and received no updates via their website, it may be best to give them a call. I called 4 times starting at day 70 when they said they found all my paperwork and would expedite processing. The next call was day 80 where they told me they didn't have my CHL-100 and asked that I fax it over. I called two days later to ask for status because the website still hadn't changed. They said my case was being assigned to an investigator and it may take an additional 60-90 days. Called two more days later just to see if anything changed. Background check completed. Checked the website the following day, license was pending manufacture. Current status is "mailed". Do call.
Agreed. I called last week (I was at 55 days). Woman I talked to told me I just needed to be patient and to call back if I hit 90 days. I wasn't patient LOL. 5 days later (now I'm at 60 days) I called again and got another woman. This woman told me 60 days was too long, gave me her direct email address and told me to email the forms directly to her. 2 days later I was updated to "manufacture pending", and a day later was updated to "mailed". Calling helps, but only if you get the random luck of the draw and talk to someone that wants to help.

ahtoxa
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ahtoxa »

The poster above reflects my scenario as well.

Most associates that I've talked to simply didn't want to help me, until I spoke with a nice lady that told me that I've already waited too long (I was beyond 90 days) and told me that I should have been helped earlier when I called. She got it all done within 1 day for me and the status showed 'mailed' the following day.

I spoke with her on Wednesday and had plastic in hand the next Monday.

N2rock

Post by N2rock »

ahtoxa wrote:The poster above reflects my scenario as well.

Most associates that I've talked to simply didn't want to help me, until I spoke with a nice lady that told me that I've already waited too long (I was beyond 90 days) and told me that I should have been helped earlier when I called. She got it all done within 1 day for me and the status showed 'mailed' the following day.

I spoke with her on Wednesday and had plastic in hand the next Monday.
Sounds like you and I got hold of the same lady- possibly the only helpful one there! I have seen her name mentioned in one of the previous posts.

rick fortworth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rick fortworth »

mind giving me her "direct email", i would love to send her all my paperwork... :cool: :thumbs2:

MarshalMatt

Post by MarshalMatt »

Well, this has been an interesting process to say the least. So, as I have done every day since submitting my packet lol, I checked my status and, low and behold, print pending background check....I sent in my materials on the day I got printed, January 29. So, I am now at 38 days. I say this is interesting because of the wide array of times people have waited to get their license. When I took my course, in early January, the instructor said I would have my license in 45 days. It appears that is going to be pretty close.

Here is what I wonder...Obviously, the vast majority of all people who apply for a CHL never participate in any type of CHL forum. While there is little doubt that there is a back log in processing, I would be interested to know what the actual average really is. Also, it would be helpful to know what indeed "holds things up." Is this simply a "luck of the draw" situation? When my instructor told me 45 days, I took it with a grain of salt, BUT he was a good instructor and someone who was "connected" to the process. I wonder what upside he would have in "fudging" the timeframe?

In any event, I wish everyone speedy completion and the processing times becoming a bit more manageable. Hopefully, soon I will be able to report I have it in my hot little hands and I can do the :woohoo ....LOL, I have been dying to do that!

slwilson6

Post by slwilson6 »

84 days and counting....
class 12/14
prints 12/16
submitted online 12/16
email sent verifying recpt 1/16
resp--allow 8 weeks to process 1/17
called DPS--"please allow up to 90 days to process" 2/18
called DPS--"please allow up to 90 days to process" 3/5
first update 3/6
mailed 3/17
recd 3/20
94 days

Riley77

Post by Riley77 »

I didn't wait 60 days but after day 40 I called she was nice next day it's processing so calling helps and be nice when you do call it's not the rep you talk to fault :-)

TomV
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TomV »

Over 100days. I called again today, but chose the option to have them call me back. The computer said it was a 15 minute wait and they would call me back in 15 minutes.

Maybe some day I will learn. No, they did not call me back.

I'll call again tomorrow, listen to the hold music, and hope I get connected to someone who really cares.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MarshalMatt

Post by MarshalMatt »

This morning it changed to background check: complete, manufacture pending....getting closer! :hurry:

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Post by jmra »

MarshalMatt wrote:This morning it changed to background check: complete, manufacture pending....getting closer! :hurry:
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Riley77

Post by Riley77 »

Jan 21/2014 finger prints done and docs mailed off
Fed 26/2014 status update request
March 4/2014 Day 40 called for update nothing at all
March 6/2014 docs processing,background pending
March 13/2014 back ground complete, manfac pending
:-)

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Post by jmra »

Riley77 wrote:Jan 21/2014 finger prints done and docs mailed off
Fed 26/2014 status update request
March 4/2014 Day 40 called for update nothing at all
March 6/2014 docs processing,background pending
March 13/2014 back ground complete, manfac pending
:-)
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

MrJohnsonx3
Posts in topic: 8

Post by MrJohnsonx3 »

Online App - 02/06/2014
CHL Class - 02/20/2014
Fingerprinting - 03/04/2014
Mailed out - 03/04/2014

How long after sending does the DPS normally take to update their website saying that they have received my info? I'm was being dumb when I told the woman at the Post Office that I wanted the cheapest shipping possible. Little did I know that I wouldn't be receiving a confirmation/tracking number... :banghead:

-not sure if this changes much but, I paid online and sent my package to the 'non-payment' address
-package was sent from Houston area 9 days ago :/

-MrJohnsonx3

Come And Take It

Post by Come And Take It »

If they received it, it will not post on the website for a minimum of "weeks". A maximum of months, if ever. You did not send the originals, did you? You should scan the originals and upload them to the website. At least then you would/should get an email saying they received your documents.

skyhawk105
Posts in topic: 6

Post by skyhawk105 »

skyhawk105 wrote:Updated timeline:
Nov 5, 2013 - Submitted docs via website
(Docs never received, called in Dec, got FAX number, FAXed, still no word of receipt, called again Jan, told to resubmit, in total faxed 3 times and uploaded to site 4 times)
Feb 19, 2014 - Finally confirmation of document receipt, 106 days after first submission
March 4, 2014 - Documents processed, awaiting background check, 119 days
New update today, "Background check complete" and "Manufacture Pending"
129 days in

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”