Wondering when my status is going to change online

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Natedz
Posts in topic: 4

Wondering when my status is going to change online

Post by Natedz »

So it's been almost two weeks now since I've submitted my packet, I got a confirmation Email from Texas DPS that they received everything, but when I login to check my status it still says:

"License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page."

Should I be concerned that they didn't receive EVERYTHING? Is this normal?

Thanks guys.

Respectfully.

Nathan D.

TomV
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wondering when my status is going to change online

Post by TomV »

Yes, this is normal. I hope you receive an update faster than I have.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
Natedz

Post by Natedz »

healthinsp wrote:Yes, this is normal. I hope you receive an update faster than I have.

Thanks, how long did it take you to revive an update?

JCtx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JCtx »

I have been waiting over 90 days for an update, but there appears to be a black hole before the middle of December. From what I see most people after me get theirs in 4 to 6 weeks, give or take.

infoman

Post by infoman »

You will not see a status change for 2 months.

Topic author
Natedz

Post by Natedz »

Okay, thank you.

TEA

Post by TEA »

DPS sent me an e-mail on January 18 stating that they'd received my application and that the online status would probably not update until right before it finalized. On the 5th of this month, the Web page updated with the following info:

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Under review
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

I figure the next time it updates will be right after I receive my license. ;)

strider67

Post by strider67 »

TEA wrote:I figure the next time it updates will be right after I receive my license. ;)
I hope that to be soon for you! :txflag:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Topic author
Natedz

Post by Natedz »

Still waiting:/

w5jck

Post by w5jck »

Mine finally updated 42 days after snail mailing the docs to DPS. On day 44 it showed that all was completed and the CHL mailed. I applied at the end of January, and many others who applied in January are reporting the same thing--that it takes about 40 to 45 days from submitting the docs until the initial update to the web status page, then just 2 or 3 days to complete and mail it. That is if you have no background check issues or faulty fingerprints, etc.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

First status updates have been running between 38-45 days. I wouldn't worry until after that. Times outside of those are possible but those are the norm right now looks like. I hope this helps.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

hotboyjonesy

Post by hotboyjonesy »

JCtx wrote:I have been waiting over 90 days for an update, but there appears to be a black hole before the middle of December. From what I see most people after me get theirs in 4 to 6 weeks, give or take.
I'm at day 81 of "License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page." I agree with the 'Black hole' theory

baron
Banned

Post by baron »

I didn't worry about online status. As long as DPS didn't say anything was missing there was nothing for me to do. Same thing with the IRS. They have Where's My Refund but after they received my stuff, there was nothing else for me to do except wait. Watching the pot doesn't make it boil faster.

jmra

Post by jmra »

hotboyjonesy wrote:
JCtx wrote:I have been waiting over 90 days for an update, but there appears to be a black hole before the middle of December. From what I see most people after me get theirs in 4 to 6 weeks, give or take.
I'm at day 81 of "License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page." I agree with the 'Black hole' theory
Have you called your State Representative? They will get involved after day 60.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

asbandr

Post by asbandr »

I'm on day 40 with that same message still showing. I try to check the site once a day. I wish I could be chill and not check it at all, but I need to know when to start stalking the mail lady. :lol: it's so disappointing to check it and see the same message. So close yet so far.
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”