December Waiting

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

grnamin
Posts in topic: 19

Re: December Waiting

Post by grnamin »

Congratulations!

Malkaedus
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Malkaedus »

Malkaedus wrote:Just got my first update today. Background check completed, manufacturing pending.
Updated today to mailed!
Application: 12/03/13
Fingerprints: 12/16/13
Class: 12/21/13
Mailed forms: 12/23/13
First update: 02/28/14
Mailed: 03/01/14
Received: 03/07/14

jmra
Posts in topic: 26

Post by jmra »

Malkaedus wrote:
Malkaedus wrote:Just got my first update today. Background check completed, manufacturing pending.
Updated today to mailed!
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Glockftw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Glockftw »

Glockftw wrote:
Glockftw wrote:Hi all! New to the forum here...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one worried about not receiving a status update yet.

Application and fingerprints taken early December 2013
Class completed: 12/21/13
All paperwork mailed: 12/23/13

Ohhh the suspense is killing me!
UPDATE: As of 2/19 I still had not seen an update so I called DPS, and was on hold for about 45 minutes. The first lady I spoke to said she had located all of my paperwork EXCEPT for my CHL-100 form. I began to get very worried because I know for a fact I had mailed everything together. She ended up putting me through to a supervisor, and he told me that my paperwork hadn't been processed yet and would be a few more weeks. I informed him that the lady I had previously spoke to said she could not locate my CHL-100 form. He then asked me if I had a copy of my CHL-100 form, I said yes, and he proceeded to give me his personal email and told me to email him the form directly and he would process it the very next day! I checked my status today (2/21) and received my first update!! Everything says completed except the background check which is under review. Hopefully the plastic gets mailed within the next few days!!

UPDATE #2: My background check was completed 2/24, and as of 2/28 my status reads "Mailed"!!! Hopefully I will have it in hand by Tuesday or Wednesday!

ALSO - I definitely agree with everyone who have said call and ask to speak to a supervisor if it has been more than 60 days without an update. I got lucky and the lady I spoke with offered to transfer me to a supervisor without me even asking. It seems the supervisors are the only ones who can really get the ball rolling on your application..
Good luck to all those who are still in limbo, hopefully you will receive some good news soon!

grnamin

Post by grnamin »

On the phone and on hold waiting for a representative to answer. Will push to speak to a supervisor.

Update: Day 83. Was on hold for 48 minutes. Spoke to a lady named Angela. She said that my paperwork was (finally) sent to an investigator and that it would take up to 60 days to get background check results back. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said that she would take my name and number down and have a supervisor call me back today.

Update 2: I decided to call again. Has anyone noticed that if you preempt the recorded message by pressing "1" to get to the CHL division, you get the recorded message saying all reps are busy, but if you wait until you get through the whole recording you get on the queue for a rep? Wait time was only 10 minutes. Spoke to a lady named Teresa. She said that my application was at the background check process. Maybe 2 more weeks. She also said that if I check the website the status will reflect that, but I checked just now and it's still at "Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials..." Hoping to hear from a supervisor today.

JCtx
Posts in topic: 10

Post by JCtx »

grnamin wrote:On the phone and on hold waiting for a representative to answer. Will push to speak to a supervisor.

Update: Day 83. Was on hold for 48 minutes. Spoke to a lady named Angela. She said that my paperwork was (finally) sent to an investigator and that it would take up to 60 days to get background check results back. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said that she would take my name and number down and have a supervisor call me back today.

Update 2: I decided to call again. Has anyone noticed that if you preempt the recorded message by pressing "1" to get to the CHL division, you get the recorded message saying all reps are busy, but if you wait until you get through the whole recording you get on the queue for a rep? Wait time was only 10 minutes. Spoke to a lady named Teresa. She said that my application was at the background check process. Maybe 2 more weeks. She also said that if I check the website the status will reflect that, but I checked just now and it's still at "Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials..." Hoping to hear from a supervisor today.

I tried calling again last week. I think I was at 84 days then, was on hold for 20 minutes, the phone clicked then disconnected, so I called again.... After a long hold was told they haven't "extracted" my documents yet!?!? Then she said it could take up to 90 days, which is this week.
Last time i called it had been 8 weeks, they told me it could take 10 weeks. On the hold message it says it could take up to 60 days. I asked why they take them out of ordered, she could give me an answer.

dcarter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dcarter »

JCtx wrote:
grnamin wrote:On the phone and on hold waiting for a representative to answer. Will push to speak to a supervisor.

I tried calling again last week. I think I was at 84 days then, was on hold for 20 minutes, the phone clicked then disconnected, so I called again.... After a long hold was told they haven't "extracted" my documents yet!?!? Then she said it could take up to 90 days, which is this week.
Last time i called it had been 8 weeks, they told me it could take 10 weeks. On the hold message it says it could take up to 60 days. I asked why they take them out of ordered, she could give me an answer.
Healthcare.gov workers in training it appears!

grnamin

Post by grnamin »

Day 84: Finally, after 4 calls and asking to speak to a supervisor who never called back...

jmra
Posts in topic: 26

Post by jmra »

grnamin wrote:Day 84: Finally, after 4 calls and asking to speak to a supervisor who never called back...
[ Image ]
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

slwilson6
Posts in topic: 13

Post by slwilson6 »

Called again today on day 79. claimed that my documents were not received until 1/28 and that my application had not been gotten to yet. they had it, but not gotten to it yet. now I can understand not receiving it for a few days and maybe even a week, but that was 45 days that they claim they never even received my application. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold again for another 10 minutes then it went to a voicemail box of who I assume is a supervisor. I left a message for them to contact me back and gave all of my contact phone #'s. I am not holding my breath that someone will call me back. my clock just started over at January 28 and I now must wait 90 days from their date of receipt according to the guy that I talked to. if this holds true, then that would put my timeline at 135 days from submission. this is nuts.
class 12/14
prints 12/16
submitted online 12/16
email sent verifying recpt 1/16
resp--allow 8 weeks to process 1/17
called DPS--"please allow up to 90 days to process" 2/18
called DPS--"please allow up to 90 days to process" 3/5
first update 3/6
mailed 3/17
recd 3/20
94 days

grnamin

Post by grnamin »

Thank you! Status is now... Concealed Handgun License : Mailed.
I was also told 60-90 days when I called last week. Try calling back again in a few days. Status mright change significantly by then.

slwilson6

Post by slwilson6 »

i actually got a call back from the supervisor. he pulled my information up and agreed there was something amiss with the delay in receiving my application. He asked me to forward my documents to his email. I did that. he put me on hold. when he came back he told me that it looked like everything was good and that my license could go to print this week and should mail by Monday. I will believe it when I see it, but that is better news than waiting another 75-80 days like the last person I spoke with told me. I would just like to see the status update online so that I know the ball is at least rolling.

optimistically waiting for Monday.
class 12/14
prints 12/16
submitted online 12/16
first update 3/6
mailed 3/17
recd 3/20
94 days

grnamin

Post by grnamin »

Crossing fingers for everyone.

slwilson6

Post by slwilson6 »

well so far so good. the gentleman that called me back yesterday definitely pushed the right buttons. I finally got my status update. background under review. at least I know the ball has been pushed over the hill and in the right direction.
class 12/14
prints 12/16
submitted online 12/16
first update 3/6
mailed 3/17
recd 3/20
94 days

grnamin

Post by grnamin »

slwilson6 wrote:well so far so good. the gentleman that called me back yesterday definitely pushed the right buttons. I finally got my status update. background under review. at least I know the ball has been pushed over the hill and in the right direction.
Congratulations! Won't be long now.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”