"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ahtoxa
Posts in topic: 7

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by ahtoxa »

I'm from Novement 25th and still waiting. There are a few of us from November that have had no updates and are told 2-3 weeks, while some December folks have plastic on hand already.

No rhyme or reason to DPS' processing, it seems. :waiting:

pixel5
Posts in topic: 3

Post by pixel5 »

ahtoxa wrote:I'm from Novement 25th and still waiting. There are a few of us from November that have had no updates and are told 2-3 weeks, while some December folks have plastic on hand already.

No rhyme or reason to DPS' processing, it seems. :waiting:
There are some people from JANUARY with their cards already.

Weirded
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Weirded »

pixel5 wrote:
ahtoxa wrote:There are some people from JANUARY with their cards already.
That just made my mouth water. Sent my mats in on the 6th of Feb.

Will B.

Proud owner of a Tristar C100 and a S&W .38 Bodyguard. For now, at least......
Proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment. Always
NRA Life Member

smokejensen

Post by smokejensen »

This is the update I've been looking for.
54 days from online submittal to :
Background Check : Complete
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacture Pending

For my complete timeline, go here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=70550&start=105#p894500
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

jelee
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jelee »

I am hoping my situation is unique... See timeline below for my wife and I.

10/5 - CHL class taken
10/8 - My fingerprints taken
10/11 - Wife fingerprints taken
10/15 - Submitted paperwork for both of us online to DPS
10/17 - Received notification that I failed to upload docs correctly; resubmitted before EOB, received confirmation email
THEN THE WAIT...
12/19 - Resubmitted paperwork for both; received confirmation email
1/17 - Still no status, so found a fax number and sent paperwork again
2/4 - Still no status; Called and put on hold for 29 minutes, waited to speak to agent who told me "We're working on November applications right now, sir." Really??!! After asking her to have a manager called me, two days later I see this... but only for my wife. BY THE WAY, NO MANAGER EVER CALLED, surprise surprise....

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Pending

2/10 - Wife's background complete; pending manufacturing
2/12 - Wife's mailed; Mine finally shows the above information background pending
2/16 - Background complete; Manufacturing
2/19 - Mailed!!!!!

Still waiting to get in the mailbox, but at least, I know that it's done!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
128 calendar days total including today because I STILL DON'T HAVE PLASTIC IN HAND :-)

SwimGreg

Post by SwimGreg »

pixel5 wrote:Seems a bit long greg, can you tell us what day you sent in your last item (fingerprints or forms)?
All forms uploaded to DPS 12/30/13. Confirmation email same day.

Status changed to mailed today!!! :thewave

rick fortworth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rick fortworth »

1. completed online application on Jan 22nd.
2. completed chl class on feb 9th.
3. completed fingerprints on feb 12th
4. uploaded all documents and emailed using RSD contact us page on feb 12th.
5. received confirmation email from rsd on feb 13th.

Since then i have checked my status on dps page everyday and 3x a day knowing i wont see anything change for another 30-60 days. :(

Thinking about calling tomorrow just to make sure they got everything they need.

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TomsTXCHL »

jelee wrote:I am hoping my situation is unique... See timeline below for my wife and I.

10/5 - CHL class taken
10/8 - My fingerprints taken
10/11 - Wife fingerprints taken
10/15 - Submitted paperwork for both of us online to DPS
10/17 - Received notification that I failed to upload docs correctly; resubmitted before EOB, received confirmation email
THEN THE WAIT...
12/19 - Resubmitted paperwork for both; received confirmation email
1/17 - Still no status, so found a fax number and sent paperwork again
2/4 - Still no status; Called and put on hold for 29 minutes, waited to speak to agent who told me "We're working on November applications right now, sir." Really??!! After asking her to have a manager called me, two days later I see this... but only for my wife. BY THE WAY, NO MANAGER EVER CALLED, surprise surprise....

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Pending

2/10 - Wife's background complete; pending manufacturing
2/12 - Wife's mailed; Mine finally shows the above information background pending
2/16 - Background complete; Manufacturing
2/19 - Mailed!!!!!

Still waiting to get in the mailbox, but at least, I know that it's done!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
128 calendar days total including today because I STILL DON'T HAVE PLASTIC IN HAND :-)
My wife and I submitted (and then RE-submitted) in approximately the same time frame(s) as you, and we are STILL WAITING!

I did finally appear to get someone's attention over there when I offered to re-submit by USPS yet a third time and they said "we have everything we need sit tight" basically.

This was a week ago and still nothing updated on their website for us, though I think (without knowing for sure) that it's possible that the website status updates require extra work for them to complete i.e. they are not integral to the approval process. I've seen here examples of people whose statuses were "Waiting...." or Incomplete yet magically got their plastic in the mail.

In any case we wait (and wait, and wait)... :???:

smokejensen

Post by smokejensen »

smokejensen wrote:This is the update I've been looking for.
54 days from online submittal to :
Background Check : Complete
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacture Pending

For my complete timeline, go here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=70550&start=135#p896125
(edit)
02/20/14 - Day 55 changed to mailed
02/24/14 - Day 59 Permission slip in hand. (edit)
Last edited by smokejensen on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

ahtoxa

Post by ahtoxa »

Yeah, nothing for me either... I'm tired of the waiting by this point.

navyfirefighter76
Posts in topic: 1

Post by navyfirefighter76 »

Feb 16 - CHL Class
Feb 17 - Online application/Set FAST appt.
Feb 20 (A.M.)- Fingerprinted
Feb 20 (P.M.)- attempted to submit / upload my forms online (5 total) and kept receiving "runtime error"
Feb 20 - called DPS and waited on hold for approximately 45 minutes. My persistence paid off though as I was given a direct FAX # to send my forms in. (Lets just hope that they don't round file them...)
So now I am just crossing my fingers that all goes well with my rather unusual submission method...

skyhawk105
Posts in topic: 6

Post by skyhawk105 »

ahtoxa wrote:
skyhawk105 wrote:
skyhawk105 wrote:I submitted the required documents for a new application through the website on Nov 5, 2013 and the status is still "waiting". Since you guys submitting the week after me are getting new updates, I guess I will give them a couple more days and then try to contact them.
So I called them today, no documents received on November 5, 80 days ago. If you upload your documents through the website, be sure to call them after 30 days to make sure they got them. They did give me a fax number and a contact to try to expedite the process at this point.
Yeah, similar boat here. I didn't see an email confirming document receipt on Nov 11th and when I called, they couldn't see anything. I resubmitted online last week and will call in a week or two if I don't hear anything before then.
Yes, there is always a chance for me to screw anything up. Being in the IT industry, I try to be on the lookout for those little webpage traps but this time I actually did click "Upload" and got the listing of docs in red before I selected apply. I have uploaded them a couple times since also. I've called two times and the agents are completely unhelpful due to their limited access. I have faxed my documents to the number they gave me (512-424-7284 if anyone is interested) with a message that this is long overdue but there has been zero response from that.

I finally did receive email confirmation of docs uploaded last week, 102 days after the initial upload, but the status page still states "waiting on documents". Sitting at 111 days now.

ahtoxa

Post by ahtoxa »

92 days since all paperwork was submitted online. about 110 days since application was started.

Not a single update. Zero. :bigmouth

ahtoxa

Post by ahtoxa »

Wow. I am mad and grateful at the same time.

I'm grateful, because when I called today, I finally got a hold of a lady, who told me that they never got my documents (emailed twice). She asked for me to send them directly to her; told me she will be processing them now and I will have the license getting ready to be mailed by end of TOMORROW.

I'm mad, because unlike the nice lady I spoke with today, all the other reps, whom I've talked to in the past month and a half (I called about every week and a half or so) told me to just sit tight and wait. She told me that my matter should have been escalated the very first time I called and that unfortunately the service you get depends on who you talk to.

So, thank you, (shall remain anonymous for privacy reasons), for actually taking your time today and doing the right thing for the people, while the others have jerked me around for over a month, when YOU have made it happen in ONE day.

So hopefully, in about a week's time, I shall have my plastic in hand and can finally get out of the waiting room after over 100 days since app submission.

:woohoo

SwimGreg

Post by SwimGreg »

Plastic was in PO Box when I checked it today. :woohoo

12/30/13 - All forms submitted online
12/30/13 - Confirmation email from DPS
2/16/14 - Update on Website
2/25/14 - Plastic in PO Box (may have been there a couple of days)

Greg

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”